+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ayeshasubhan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi , I submitted my application on 4 july2017 they recived on 10 july 2017 i got AOR on 14 august on 15 august i got sponsor eligibility approval and linked my account on 15 august on 31 august they asked me to submit the medical results and on 5 September they ask to submit the PCC and scadule A from medical is passed on 15 September and documents were submitted on 15 September on 12 oct my GCkey show background is in process and on 16 oct i got a email that application is transferred to London. And on 19 oct my ecas says visa office stat processing .Can anyone tell me what is the next step and how much time i will take

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi , I submitted my application on 4 july2017 they recived on 10 july 2017 i got AOR on 14 august on 15 august i got sponsor eligibility approval and linked my account on 15 august on 31 august they asked me to submit the medical results and on 5 September they ask to submit the PCC and scadule A from medical is passed on 15 September and documents were submitted on 15 September on 12 oct my GCkey show background is in process and on 16 oct i got a email that application is transferred to London. And on 19 oct my ecas says visa office stat processing .Can anyone tell me what is the next step and how much time i will take
Now just waiting. If you are lucky, they might really start your background check in 2-3 months. They might ask for some additional documents. And you are basically waiting for their passport request that would mean they are ready to issue the visa

Confusewifey

Jun 4, 2016
Hi Everyone! Anyone here with the same situation like us? last 10th of october, my husband received his medical request. mine havent come. we waited for days. we emailed the cic ottawa, according to their respond, medical were sent for me and my husband. we are confused. it stated in the medical request they sent that it was only for my husband. Can i undergo medical examination showing my husband’s medical request? we are under family class. thanks!

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi Everyone! Anyone here with the same situation like us? last 10th of october, my husband received his medical request. mine havent come. we waited for days. we emailed the cic ottawa, according to their respond, medical were sent for me and my husband. we are confused. it stated in the medical request they sent that it was only for my husband. Can i undergo medical examination showing my husband’s medical request? we are under family class. thanks!
If this is family class sponsorship where one spouse is a Canadian citizen or PR and the other one is the Primary Applicant living in a different country and applying for a permanent residence to move to Canada, then only Primary Application needs to take the medicals, so o ly one medical request.

gaggu06

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Baja Khana
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2015
AOR Received.
19-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Hey seniors I have a one question I applied for my wife in August as spousal application and last month I got rprf,pcc,and schedule A request I also send all doc to cic what you think about passport request they how many take a time plz reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey seniors I have a one question I applied for my wife in August as spousal application and last month I got rprf,pcc,and schedule A request I also send all doc to cic what you think about passport request they how many take a time plz reply
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp

Depends on the country. You can look up processing times on this website but that is just an estiate. It can go slower (rarely faster).

aiz19

Star Member
May 22, 2013
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-10-2017
Hi, received an emailfrom Cic for my medical request and just wondering why my daughters name isn't included in the request... Can't still connect my account to gckey so can,t view a detailed instructions. Any help. Thanks

Morejem

Oct 24, 2017
Hello Friends, I have a question.
How long does it take Dakar visa processing center to request for your passport after your application is been sent to them by Immigration Canadian for visa processing. I already applied for Quebec selection and it's out already and a copy has been forwarded to Dakar but i have not heard any news from Dakar requesting for my passport. Please any information is vital.
God Bless You

jamesbond111

Oct 24, 2017
Hello friends I want some clarification. I will be marrying a girl in INDIA soon. I am a Canadian citizen for years and just want to find out that if I sponsor her to come to Canada as my spouse, how long the process takes and will she get her PR status right away when she arrives? Will she be able to work as soon as she comes to Canada? Please let me know thanks.

aipm487

Oct 18, 2017
Hello everyone! We just got an email last week oct 20 from missassauga office that my application will be sent to manila. I’m just wondering if you have any idea what will be the next step after this and how long will it take? Thanks in advance.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello Friends, I have a question.
How long does it take Dakar visa processing center to request for your passport after your application is been sent to them by Immigration Canadian for visa processing. I already applied for Quebec selection and it's out already and a copy has been forwarded to Dakar but i have not heard any news from Dakar requesting for my passport. Please any information is vital.
God Bless You
Passport Request does not come that fast. Yes, the VO has your case and the requested certificate, but they have earlier cases in a row. So it might take another 2-3 months or more till they really start working with your case.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello everyone! We just got an email last week oct 20 from missassauga office that my application will be sent to manila. I’m just wondering if you have any idea what will be the next step after this and how long will it take? Thanks in advance.
Check this document for the real life steps and timings https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit?usp=drive_web
Officially it says up to 12 month for processing since the day they received your case.

chohvally

Nov 7, 2014
When did you apply?
My VO is Dakar as well.
I applied on the 17th of November 2016 and they started processing on the 15th of December 2016.
They did as for a medical in December of last year and i haven't heard anything since then.

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi, received an emailfrom Cic for my medical request and just wondering why my daughters name isn't included in the request... Can't still connect my account to gckey so can,t view a detailed instructions. Any help. Thanks
What is your timeline? Are you inland or outland?

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
When did you apply?
My VO is Dakar as well.
I applied on the 17th of November 2016 and they started processing on the 15th of December 2016.
They did as for a medical in December of last year and i haven't heard anything since then.
I guess you should try calling them or sending an email, as it is too long no new from them. They might have sent you some emails/requests, but could use a wrong email and you never got anything from them.