Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Do any of you know, what is the time limit they give us to turn in the police clearance certificate(s) and Schedule A form once they ask for it? A month? 2 months? 3 months?
I thought it was 30 days but their request should say. Theyre also not overly strict with extending it if you give reason

Reactions: jptskt

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
Hi, I was requested to submit passport photos and Schedule A but there is no request made on my online account, so I don't know how to upload and submit these to them. Is there any way to resolve this? Can someone please help.

Cool ASH

May 17, 2017
Hi,

This is for my brother currently residing in US. He is a student and his wife (Canadian Citizen) is sponsoring him. He received an email to attend an interview in India in June. He immediately reverted to that email about his current status of residence and he received an email stating his interview has been cancelled, he can go ahead with medicals. My question is that, how many days it takes approximately to receive PPR after submission of medicals and where the passport should be sent?

Snowcab

Star Member
May 7, 2017
On the schedule A form it asks for information about the education history of the applicant. Unfortunately, my husband is from a war torn country and we are unable to determine the name of the school, dates etc. Advice? It won't let me validate without this information.

dr.rohit

Jul 1, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CC Charged on 18.02.2015 PER On 17.04.2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23.09.2015 Decision Made: 10.10.2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hi there.. i have a query regarding conjugal partner.. as me and my girl friend are in relationship since last 9 years i have photos of us of last 6 years... i have paid for her post graduate studies and she might be having receipts of bank for that too.... and as we are from india .. casteism is still there.. i belong to brahmin family and she belongs to different caste i.e Jaat... both of us met together through my friends wife as my friends wife and my girl friend shared the same PG accomodation and we both belong to medical field.. we started dating each other while on training.. please advise me as my father threatend both of us if we get marry .if i go back for marry he wont let me come back to canada... I am a permanent resident of canada since almost 16 months.. but when i applied for my permanent residency i didnt give any information about spouse or common law partner as i never knew there is category called conjugal partner.. i came to canada in view that my parents will agree for our marriage in passage of time but when they get to know i ll not marry anyone else they started threatening us for adverse consequences of this marriage. please advise me how to proceed as i cant risk to go back to india and marry her.
can anybody reply to my query?

dr.rohit

Jul 1, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CC Charged on 18.02.2015 PER On 17.04.2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23.09.2015 Decision Made: 10.10.2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

kanza_iftikhar

May 25, 2017
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

Hello Everyone,

My application is sponsorship spouse outside Canada. I submitted my application at CPC Mississauga and it my application got delivered on 5th May 2017, but I did not get any response yet.

Please help how would I know where is my file?

how can I check my application status without application number?

kanza_iftikhar

May 25, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My application is sponsorship spouse outside Canada. I submitted my application at CPC Mississauga and it my application got delivered on 5th May 2017, but I did not get any response yet.

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello Everyone,

You have to just wait or call them.
But if they were sending AORs to May 2 applicants the last Friday, then yours has to come through today or tomorrow.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
hi there.. i have a query regarding conjugal partner.. as me and my girl friend are in relationship since last 9 years i have photos of us of last 6 years... i have paid for her post graduate studies and she might be having receipts of bank for that too.... and as we are from india .. casteism is still there.. i belong to brahmin family and she belongs to different caste i.e Jaat... both of us met together through my friends wife as my friends wife and my girl friend shared the same PG accomodation and we both belong to medical field.. we started dating each other while on training.. please advise me as my father threatend both of us if we get marry .if i go back for marry he wont let me come back to canada... I am a permanent resident of canada since almost 16 months.. but when i applied for my permanent residency i didnt give any information about spouse or common law partner as i never knew there is category called conjugal partner.. i came to canada in view that my parents will agree for our marriage in passage of time but when they get to know i ll not marry anyone else they started threatening us for adverse consequences of this marriage. please advise me how to proceed as i cant risk to go back to india and marry her.
As far as im aware you wouldnt be able to apply conjugal because she could come to canada and you marry or you could both go to another country together that will marry you. Unless you show attempts to do this at least theyd probably reject it

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
As far as im aware you wouldnt be able to apply conjugal because she could come to canada and you marry or you could both go to another country together that will marry you. Unless you show attempts to do this at least theyd probably reject it
My thoughts as well, agree with this. Nothing stopping marriage.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Last edited:

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
office in Mississauga received my application today (via Purolator), but they haven't sent me a text that they received it .. how long it does it normally take for them to send a text?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
office in Mississauga received my application today (via Purolator), but they haven't sent me a text that they received it .. how long it does it normally take for them to send a text?
this might be a dumb question but did you enroll for text notifications? ive seen a few people who thought you get the message regardless but didnt sign up:)