+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

shih8888

Oct 26, 2016
Can someone point me to the link for sponsoring my wife (I am a Canadian repatriating back to Ontario from Taiwan)? It used to be here and I can't find it anymore. Thanks!

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
ACCORDING to one of the country-specific requirements, it states that if Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as
could some body who knows of this process enlighten me as to what you actually did. he has currently made a birth certificate according to the birth registration certificate but my spouse's birth was registered late (20 years after born) so if anyone has been in the same situation would you be able to let me know exactly what you did/ what kind of documents you sent. Is the birth certificate itself enough?

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
ACCORDING to one of the country-specific requirements, it states that if Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as
could some body who knows of this process enlighten me as to what you actually did. he has currently made a birth certificate according to the birth registration certificate but my spouse's birth was registered late (20 years after born) so if anyone has been in the same situation would you be able to let me know exactly what you did/ what kind of documents you sent. Is the birth certificate itself enough?
Check the link to the country specific documents, if you are referring to India, it specifies the list of documents to be sent if the birth was registered late, you will have to send those documents along with the birth certificate.

Mar 1, 2017
Dear Experts,

I am new in this forum. Basically, I am from Bangladesh and waiting for PPR for visa stamping and my options is skilled migration. When i applied for PR i was married with one kid. At the time of my application, I mentioned my family composition but I kept my wife as non-accompanying. After being nominated from province, I applied for VISA for my and for my child. Here I have also mentioned my family composition and kept my wife non accompanying due to her on going education. I told that my wife will join us later on. All the family member did medical examination and I have submitted PCC for my wife also.

Now what are my options to bring my spouse? Will it be wise for me to apply for visit visa for my wife once our passports get visa stamping? I am confused.

Can I bring my spouse with visit visa? So that we can come Canada together. I am worried how can i manage my child without her mother

If I go for spousal sponsorship, then how to starts. when can I apply for her and how long it will take?

any kind advise will be very valuable for me.

thanking you in advance

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Dear Experts,

I am new in this forum. Basically, I am from Bangladesh and waiting for PPR for visa stamping and my options is skilled migration. When i applied for PR i was married with one kid. At the time of my application, I mentioned my family composition but I kept my wife as non-accompanying. After being nominated from province, I applied for VISA for my and for my child. Here I have also mentioned my family composition and kept my wife non accompanying due to her on going education. I told that my wife will join us later on. All the family member did medical examination and I have submitted PCC for my wife also.

Now what are my options to bring my spouse? Will it be wise for me to apply for visit visa for my wife once our passports get visa stamping? I am confused.

Can I bring my spouse with visit visa? So that we can come Canada together. I am worried how can i manage my child without her mother

If I go for spousal sponsorship, then how to starts. when can I apply for her and how long it will take?

any kind advise will be very valuable for me.

thanking you in advance
The experts on this forum can advice you if you can add her to you applicantion and take her along, I'm not sure if there is a way.
It will be difficult for her to get a TRV if she does not have strong ties to Bangladesh. If her husband and child are in Canada then her ties to Canada will be stronger.
Also you can apply for spousal sponsorship only when u get a PR and you have to be resident in Canada through the process except for short holidays.

mrs.paranoid02

Star Member
Sep 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-11-16
Doc's Request.
No additional documents
AOR Received.
04-11-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-05-16
Passport Req..
15-05-16 DM on ECAS- 13-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2017
LANDED..........
Soooooon :)
Hi. I just want to ask.. I checked my ECAS yesterday and it's DM already. How long shall I wait for PPR?

ArshiArshi

May 14, 2017
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.
I wan to know about attestation service????i m about to submit my documents via spousal immigration ,is this necessary to attest documents(MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE) via NOTARY PUBLIC OR MOFA????And do i need to submit my education documents too???? because i m sponsored by my spouse . someone told me to submit education documents too but i m not applying for work permit so i am confused..

vidaj

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
My medical expires on June 6, if the background check finished before June 6, do you guys know if they are going wait until June 6 or they will send re medical before that??? Your help would be much appreciated :)

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
Hi everyone,
My medical expires on June 6, if the background check finished before June 6, do you guys know if they are going wait until June 6 or they will send re medical before that??? Your help would be much appreciated :)
we are already mid-may so I think they will ask for re-med even if they complete your background check before june 6th

vidaj

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
we are already mid-may so I think they will ask for re-med even if they complete your background check before june 6th
I know they would ask for re medical for sure, but my question is are they waiting until june 6 so my first medical get expired or they can send earlier than that???

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hello everyone,

I applied through Spouse sponsorship, and send my OWP to CPC Vegreville. Any idea when I will get my application no.
How many days they took?

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
I know they would ask for re medical for sure, but my question is are they waiting until june 6 so my first medical get expired or they can send earlier than that???
Sorry, I misread your question. I think they will wait that everything else are done before sending medical request then they will send the passport request.