16-06-2017
navshukla said:
i got PPR though yesterday ,All the best for yours ]
Congratulations!!!!

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys,

I got my PR last week .......the wait is over finally but now i have many more queries ..I am planning to get married so what is the best way to get PR for my partner if i get married before i leave to canada...is it a problem if i my marital status change after i get COPR and my passport stamped, How do i take my partner with me ... i cant be away from my partner for a long time after marriage... so is there any other way my partner can come with me to canada even before she gets her PR ...i have come to know that PR for partner takes at least 12 months ...can anyone suggest a best way to get married and also take my partner to canada ...can i apply for my partners PR by being in India...

Thanks in Advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
anil918918 said:
I got my PR last week .......the wait is over finally but now i have many more queries ..I am planning to get married so what is the best way to get PR for my partner if i get married before i leave to canada...is it a problem if i my marital status change after i get COPR and my passport stamped, How do i take my partner with me ... i cant be away from my partner for a long time after marriage... so is there any other way my partner can come with me to canada even before she gets her PR ...i have come to know that PR for partner takes at least 12 months ...can anyone suggest a best way to get married and also take my partner to canada ...can i apply for my partners PR by being in India...
Clarify, have you already landed as a PR or not?

If you haven't yet landed and you get married and then land without adding your spouse, she will be forever excluded from the Family Class; you would NEVER be able to sponsor her. You can get married and add your spouse to your app. IRCC will request all of your spouse's documents and medical and will also request your COPR and passport back.

If you have already landed, then you will need to sponsor her after getting married. As a PR, you would be required to reside in Canada throughout the sponsorship process. If your partner is not able to get a TRV, she will not be able to come to Canada before getting PR.

heliis

May 1, 2017
hi everyone-

We just got out package back home :( not to happy about it...... Anyways, We are going to send it back but we have a couple doubts that maybe someone around here knows the answer.

we are sending the family sponsor application for spouse Outland, but in the checklist (new) PART A, point 4."class of application" ask if im currently living in Canada, or outside.
Im actually in Canada but we still want to send it outland. the question comes when we move forward to the PART B, point 7."proof of relationship"
are you and your spouse currently living together? the answer is Yes we are.

So if we say we are currently living together we have to say in point 7, we still can send it outland in point 4??????????
It is very confusing :-\

YURRY178

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19,2017
Doc's Request.
Feb 17,2017
AOR Received.
Feb 17,2017
File Transfer...
March 1,2017
Med's Done....
Sep 2017
heliis said:
hi everyone-

We just got out package back home :( not to happy about it...... Anyways, We are going to send it back but we have a couple doubts that maybe someone around here knows the answer.

we are sending the family sponsor application for spouse Outland, but in the checklist (new) PART A, point 4."class of application" ask if im currently living in Canada, or outside.
Im actually in Canada but we still want to send it outland. the question comes when we move forward to the PART B, point 7."proof of relationship"

Maybe it means that you should send an inland application since your both in canada.

So if we say we are currently living together we have to say in point 7, we still can send it outland in point 4??????????
It is very confusing :-\

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
heliis said:

"Family Class" = outland.

Class of Application - Option 3 - "living in Canada and I am applying under the Family Class"

It is perfectly fine to be living together in Canada while applying outland.

heliis

May 1, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
"Family Class" = outland.

Class of Application - Option 3 - "living in Canada and I am applying under the Family Class"

It is perfectly fine to be living together in Canada while applying outland.

But says (not under spouse or common-law............) and im applying for family class Spouse!

heliis

May 1, 2017
We are planing to go back to my country to visit my family in November, if we apply inland i can have status problem coming back to Canada, this is why we want to do it outland.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
heliis said:
But says (not under spouse or common-law............) and im applying for family class Spouse!
The definitions are explained on the website.

Again, " Family Class = outland.

"Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada" = inland.

Rivan

Apr 26, 2017
Any advice on sponsoring spouse.

I am going to India to get marry in August, do I need an unmarried certificate? which I have to obtain from Ontario Gov't.
Any other documents I need to bring with me?

Thanks.

SuruchiMullick

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
21-October-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-11-2016 , AOR 2 : 02-12-2016
File Transfer...
29-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2017
Rivan said:
Any advice on sponsoring spouse.

I am going to India to get marry in August, do I need an unmarried certificate? which I have to obtain from Ontario Gov't.
Any other documents I need to bring with me?

Thanks.
Yes.To register your marriage in India you need to get a 'Statement in Lieu of Certification of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad' from Global affairs.
Just google this and you will find a form that you fill and they will send you a statement!
Hope it helps and Congratulations!

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Clarify, have you already landed as a PR or not?

If you haven't yet landed and you get married and then land without adding your spouse, she will be forever excluded from the Family Class; you would NEVER be able to sponsor her. You can get married and add your spouse to your app. IRCC will request all of your spouse's documents and medical and will also request your COPR and passport back.

If you have already landed, then you will need to sponsor her after getting married. As a PR, you would be required to reside in Canada throughout the sponsorship process. If your partner is not able to get a TRV, she will not be able to come to Canada before getting PR.
Hi Canuck_in_uk
Thanks for the response, I have not yet landed in Canada , planning to get married in july and i want to stay with my partner ,so i need to add my spouse details and wait for them to get PR for her too ? how long would they take to give her PR ?.My stamping on passport says it expires on 30/1/2018 what if they do not provide the PR for my spouse before that .

Thanks in Advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
anil918918 said:
Hi Canuck_in_uk
Thanks for the response, I have not yet landed in Canada , planning to get married in july and i want to stay with my partner ,so i need to add my spouse details and wait for them to get PR for her too ? how long would they take to give her PR ?.My stamping on passport says it expires on 30/1/2018 what if they do not provide the PR for my spouse before that .
It generally takes a few months after adding a spouse. If your COPR/visa are going to expire before the app is processed, IRCC will either extend the validity or request a new medical.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
It generally takes a few months after adding a spouse. If your COPR/visa are going to expire before the app is processed, IRCC will either extend the validity or request a new medical.
Thanks for the reply canuck_in_uk ,So how do i intimate them of my marriage ...how do i update my application ....when i update my application i wont again be reassessed for crs points right ..cause my IELTS will expire and my age will increase which would make me ineligible for the PNP program.....

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Hello,

I'm a permanent resident of canada. I recently got married and sponsoring my spouse for her PR. Is it compulsory for her to submit Ielts report along with the application?