canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
joijoi_rodel said:
Hi im new here.. me and my husband is now confused.. we hired a representative to fix and verify our papers before submission. The problem is she wants us to use imm 5490 instead of imm 5532. I think 5490 is the old form. Can anyone help if we should follow this advise. Thanks!
Of course you shouldn't follow the advice. Follow the application guide/checklist. I suggest you fire this representative.

Sokol12345 said:
I have one more question, if I can keep my PR card , but my ex wife received this card and never gave it to me, how can I get a new one? Do I need to be in Canada to order a new one or I have any other way? And maybe I can-need to get a immigration lawyer for this situation?
Thank you
You must be in Canada to apply for a new PR card. If you meet the Residency Obligation, you can apply for a PRTD to return to Canada. You don't need a lawyer.

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
enkarthik said:
Hello,

I'm a permanent resident of canada. I recently got married and sponsoring my spouse for her PR. Is it compulsory for her to submit Ielts report along with the application?
Hello
i got sms message from IRCC saying ( IRCC mailingroom got your family class sponsorship package ). what does it mean ?/

Sokol12345

May 6, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
You must be in Canada to apply for a new PR card. If you meet the Residency Obligation, you can apply for a PRTD to return to Canada. You don't need a lawyer.
Do I need to let them know that I got divorced or show them all information that I had before ?
Thank you

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
mohamednbil179 said:
Hello
i got sms message from IRCC saying ( IRCC mailingroom got your family class sponsorship package ). what does it mean ?/
It means that the mail room at IRCC has received your package.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sokol12345 said:
Do I need to let them know that I got divorced or show them all information that I had before ?
Thank you
Go look at the application to see what is required.

Snowcab

Star Member
May 7, 2017
There are some questions on the background check that confuse and concern me.

1) The first one is have you made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the UNHCR? My husband has tried to claim refugee status in two countries, Germany in 1994 and U.K in 1997. Does this statement mean yes or no as it was not a claim linked to Canada? 2) Is there anyone out there who has sponsored a spouse who was refused refugee status in another country donkey years ago and was removed by immigration? If so what advice would you give when applying? 3) My husband is from a country that experienced war in the 1990s and therefore, does not have a secure education history. The form has asked for years of schooling which we have answered as best as we can, but I am not able to provide details of the name of the school and so forth. Is this a problem?

My apologies as we are new to whole process and want to get things right the first time.

shiler

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hello, I am wanting to sponsor a family member living is Germany, I need some help, where can i start what would they need for me to be able to do that, i have sponsored my husband from Iran and he has been here for about 1 year already. Where do i start and which IMM papers will i need to be filled for both sides. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shiler said:
Hello, I am wanting to sponsor a family member living is Germany, I need some help, where can i start what would they need for me to be able to do that, i have sponsored my husband from Iran and he has been here for about 1 year already. Where do i start and which IMM papers will i need to be filled for both sides. Thank you
Who is the family member you wish to sponsor?

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
I sent my app on March 2017 INLAND but somehow due to CIC Error or whatever, they sent my files to Outland office (we jus got email anout transfer to Outland VO on May 3rd) N before these we called the IRCC many times to fix it..but seems No progress :-X
Anyone had same experience can share or can guide me wit this kind of situation.. I'm still waiting my OWP tho

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Snowcab said:
1) The first one is have you made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the UNHCR? My husband has tried to claim refugee status in two countries, Germany in 1994 and U.K in 1997. Does this statement mean yes or no as it was not a claim linked to Canada?

2) Is there anyone out there who has sponsored a spouse who was refused refugee status in another country donkey years ago and was removed by immigration? If so what advice would you give when applying?

3) My husband is from a country that experienced war in the 1990s and therefore, does not have a secure education history. The form has asked for years of schooling which we have answered as best as we can, but I am not able to provide details of the name of the school and so forth. Is this a problem?
1. The answer is Yes, as he has made refugee claims in other countries. IRCC wants to know about any and all refugee claims.

2. Many people have done so successfuly. Be 100% honest about everything. If he stayed illegally, worked illegally, etc., don't try to lie about it.

3. Put what you can and explain on a separate sheet. Not a big deal.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sheraton_k said:
I sent my app on March 2017 INLAND but somehow due to CIC Error or whatever, they sent my files to Outland office (we jus got email anout transfer to Outland VO on May 3rd) N before these we called the IRCC many times to fix it..but seems No progress :-X
Anyone had same experience can share or can guide me wit this kind of situation.. I'm still waiting my OWP tho
Contact your MP.

Snowcab

Star Member
May 7, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
1. The answer is Yes, as he has made refugee claims in other countries. IRCC wants to know about any and all refugee claims.

2. Many people have done so successfuly. Be 100% honest about everything. If he stayed illegally, worked illegally, etc., don't try to lie about it.

3. Put what you can and explain on a separate sheet. Not a big deal.
Thank you for your response to the above. Do you know how much detail we need to include? General timeline? or Specifics? Long story short there is little documentation in our possession due to the fact that it is historical (20 + years ago).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Snowcab said:
Thank you for your response to the above. Do you know how much detail we need to include? General timeline? or Specifics? Long story short there is little documentation in our possession due to the fact that it is historical (20 + years ago).
There is no need to write an essay. Just answer the questions succinctly.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Question.. I learnt about the GCMS through this forum. Just wondering though, how important is it? and should everyone request one? we've filed for spousal sponsorship 12-13 months ago. Never once heard about GCMS until recently.. profiler estimated that I would hear something around this month so should I wait for them to contact me? ask for meds etc or just pay the $5 and request the notes anyway?

Thanks anyone that can assist.