canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Annjo89 said:
When I receive the letter regarding the application is in process, before my work permit expires I still can't work? I won't have "Implied Status as a worker" at that point?
Thanks!
You can't work after your current permit expires until you have the OWP. IEC permits are not extendable and therefore no Implied Status as a worker is granted.

Jeff243

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
I need some help with IMM 008: I am the sponsor and my spouse is the PA...we have 4 kids and are all Canadians. As I understand since the kids are Canadian citizens no need to put them in the dependant person category on form IMM 008 is that right?

and my 2nd question is, we live with my spouse(PA) 15 year old cousin, he depends on my spouse financially, he is not Canadian, and will not travel with us on this sponsorship package...however later on we would like to sponsor him, should we include him under dependant children.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Jeff243 said:
I need some help with IMM 008: I am the sponsor and my spouse is the PA...we have 4 kids and are all Canadians. As I understand since the kids are Canadian citizens no need to put them in the dependant person category on form IMM 008 is that right?

and my 2nd question is, we live with my spouse(PA) 15 year old cousin, he depends on my spouse financially, he is not Canadian, and will not travel with us on this sponsorship package...however later on we would like to sponsor him, should we include him under dependant children.
The children should be listed on the Additional Family Information form, but they are not listed as dependents on IMM0008.

The cousin is not a dependent.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jeff243 said:

As stated above, the cousin is not a dependent. Is he an orphan?

rshah73

Mar 31, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have requested CIC to add my spouse in my current PR application after receiving AOR. I received "request letter" from CIC in my account on mycic portal on March 16, 2017 asking all the documents and forms required to submit my spouse application. They have added additional "Replacement kit" field in my account to upload all the documents and forms. It means I need to merge all the forms/documents and upload it in Replacement kit field.

When I merge IMM0008 and IMM5669 forms with other forms, I don't see original form content in merged forms. I guess it is because these forms should be validated and CIC doesn't allow to merge or split these forms. Any suggestions on how to merge and upload these forms along with other forms and documents. I really appreciate your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
rshah73 said:
I have requested CIC to add my spouse in my current PR application after receiving AOR. I received "request letter" from CIC in my account on mycic portal on March 16, 2017 asking all the documents and forms required to submit my spouse application. They have added additional "Replacement kit" field in my account to upload all the documents and forms. It means I need to merge all the forms/documents and upload it in Replacement kit field.

When I merge IMM0008 and IMM5669 forms with other forms, I don't see original form content in merged forms. I guess it is because these forms should be validated and CIC doesn't allow to merge or split these forms. Any suggestions on how to merge and upload these forms along with other forms and documents. I really appreciate your help.
This thread is for Canadian citizens/PRs sponsoring their spouses. You should post in the EE section of the forum.

mynameismarj

Sep 30, 2015
Iligan City, Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2015
AOR Received.
September 30, 2015
File Transfer...
September 28, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 06, 2017 (Follow up request)
Med's Done....
Feb 13, 2017 (remed)
Passport Req..
April 3, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 23, 2017
LANDED..........
May 4, 2017
Hello Everyone!

Where to get a copy of legal capacity that proof my husband is not married from his previous relationship?

He never married although he had a commonlaw partner. But wasn't married. So, he can't get a divorce paper.

A cenomar, advisory on marriages are the same as " legal capacity"? (Please correct me)

I believe the legal capacity is a requirement before you can marry here in the Philippines. We got that from Canadian Embassy before.
Is it possible to get it again from there? or the Civil registrar had a copy of it? I don't know If they will provide the same document since we're already married.

CFO counselor asked me to provide such document together with my Visa and passport for my GCP certificate and sticker as I get back there in CEBU. I need your help guys. Any idea about it?
Thanks.

Jeff243

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
As stated above, the cousin is not a dependent. Is he an orphan?
Thank you very much

Jeff243

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
MilesAway said:
The children should be listed on the Additional Family Information form, but they are not listed as dependents on IMM0008.

The cousin is not a dependent.
Thank you, great answer

Jeff243

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
I had my application returned since I missed some documents such as the new document check list IMM 5533 and IMM 5532 Relationship evaluation. I have sorted that out. All my documents are in English but my question to the forum is this: Everything they asked for are copies, which documents do I need to notorized.

azeemguy

Jul 29, 2012
Hey guys,

I am ready to submit my sponsorship package for my wife and step-daughter in USA. I am submitting my document in following order :

######################START##################################################

PART A – FORMS REQUIRED
1) Barcode page for IMM 1344.
2) Barcode page for IMM 0008.
3) Document Checklist IMM 5533.
4) Personal Cover Letter.
5) Application to Sponsor IMM 1344.
6) Application Fees including Right of Permanent Residence Fees
7) Generic Application for Canada IMM 0008
8) Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for Principal Applicant.
9) Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for Dependent.
10) Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation IMM 5532
10.1) Separate sheet attached for detailed travel history (Part C, Q 4)
10.2) Separate sheets attached for relationship summary (Part C, Q 11)

PART B – SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR SPONSOR:
Identity Document:
1) Photocopy of Canadian passport for Sponsor.

Employment/Source of Support:
1) Original letter of employment.
2) Notice of assessment.
3) Option C printout.

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR SPONSORED PERSONS (PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND DEPENDENT):
Identity Documents, Travel Documents and Passports:
1) Photocopy of USA passport for Principal Applicant.
2) Photocopy of USA passport for Dependent.
3) Photocopy of Pakistani Birth Certificate from NADRA for Principal Applicant.
4)Photocopy of USA Birth Certificate for Dependent.
5) Certified translation of Pakistani ID card for Principal Applicant.

Civil Status Documents:
6) Photocopy of current marriage certificate (between Sponsor and Principal Applicant) issued in Canada.
7) Photocopy of final divorce decree of Principal Applicant.

8) Accompanying Children’s Additional Information:
Explanation about our situation.
a) Declaration from non-accompanying parent/guardian for minors immigration to Canada (IMM 5604) by biological father and notarized.
b) Notarized copy of biological father USA Driver’s License to establish identity.
c) Copy of divorce.

Photos:
9) Two (2) photos for Principal Applicant.
10) Two (2) photos for Dependent.

Proof of Relationship to Sponsor:
Photographs evidence:
11) 20 miscellaneous photos of our court wedding, celebrations and outings when we visited each other. Pictures are in reverse chronological order.

Joint ownership of property :
12) Copy of a recent power of attorney
13) Copy of release of lien after the sale of our property in USA
14) Copy of Deed of Trust to our property in USA

Proof of Joint Utility Account :
15) Copy of the residential internet service bill in Canada for last 3 months showing Principal Applicant name and our joint address in Canada.

Important documents to recognize as each other's spouse :
16) Copy of Benefits Summary from Sponsor employer in Canada, listing PA and D as beneficiaries for Life insurance benefits.
17) Copy of Benefits Summary from Sponsor employer in Canada, listing PA and D as beneficiaries for Accidental Death/Disability benefits.
18) Screenshot of plan member summary from Green Shield Canada listing PA and D as beneficiaries for Drug, Extended Health Services, Travel and Dental.
19) Screenshot of info from OMERS (Pension plan) listing PA and D as beneficiaries for retirement benefits.

Documentary evidence of financial support between each other :
20) Copy of bank statements from last 3 months from our joint checking account in USA from Bank of America.
21) Copy of bank statements from last 3 months from our joint checking account in Canada from TD Bank.
22) Copy of bank statements from last 3 months from Canadian visa card from TD Bank belonging to Sponsor for Principal Applicant use.

Communication evidence (10 pages):
23) Copy of Skype call logs for last 3 months when Sponsor called Principal Applicant – 5 pages.
24) Copies of some courier airway bills we used to send each other greeting cards/gifts – 5 pages.

Proof of Sponsor’s visits:
25 ) Proof of sponsor visit to USA for past 3 years (in reverse chronological order).
i. Trip 1 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
ii. Trip 2 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
iii. Trip 3 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
iv. Trip 4 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
v. Trip 5 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
vi. Trip 6 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
vii. Trip 7 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
viii. Trip 8 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
ix. Trip 9 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
x. Trip 10 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.
xi. Trip 11 – From XX XX XX to XX XX XX: Copy of itinerary, boarding passes.

######################END##################################################

I was suspecting that I was missing IMM 5481 Sponsorship evaluation but I think that was for old packages. Do you guys think am I missing anything ?

diding

Oct 14, 2016
Hello! I just got my PPR today and they instructed me to send my passport to Ottawa VO. Howevrr, I am now living in the Philippines. I have emailed them back earlier and notied VO Ottawa about my situation. Any cases same as mine?

veritasium

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hey guys,

Can we apply for spousal sponsorship directly online (submitting IMM forms/ evidence and all?), or is it mandatory to submit paper forms to CIC Mississauga?

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeff243 said:
I had my application returned since I missed some documents such as the new document check list IMM 5533 and IMM 5532 Relationship evaluation. I have sorted that out. All my documents are in English but my question to the forum is this: Everything they asked for are copies, which documents do I need to notorized.
NBot 100% sure,,,but I think only those documents are not in English. Such as Birth certificate etc..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jeff243 said:
Thank you very much
You're welcome. You didn't answer the question about whether the cousin is an orphan or not.

Jeff243 said:
If your country has no specific requirement for anything to be notarized, then nothing.