17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
dimigago said:
I know that I can leave Canada without PR card, and the only problem is getting back. However while I am out of Canada, I expect to receive PR card on my address in Canada , and my question is about if somebody has similar experience and how safe is it to send it over the post or somebody bringing it to me in my country?
It is best to have one of your family members or someone you really trust and have it sent to you by courier.

dimigago

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Survivor27 said:
It is best to have one of your family members or someone you really trust and have it sent to you by courier.
Thanks, yes probably my family member will bring to me in my country, it is better then send via post :)

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
Hi, I check cic, currently waiting period to sponsor spouse inland takes 12 months, is that the case? cause i find here many cases are talking about within 5-6 months. Thanks

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
MKColin said:
Hi, I check cic, currently waiting period to sponsor spouse inland takes 12 months, is that the case? cause i find here many cases are talking about within 5-6 months. Thanks
Processing times are different for different nationalities and different case processing centres (visa offices).

Some (especially Americans processed through Ottawa) can happen in as little as 3 months. Some take years. The current government is committed to making sure nobody has to wait more than 12 months.

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
Bcboundboy said:
Processing times are different for different nationalities and different case processing centres (visa offices).

Some (especially Americans processed through Ottawa) can happen in as little as 3 months. Some take years. The current government is committed to making sure nobody has to wait more than 12 months.
Thanks, any idea sets of documents to be well prepared or kept for better processing time? i think this could more or less affect their decision time

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
MKColin said:
Thanks, any idea sets of documents to be well prepared or kept for better processing time? i think this could more or less affect their decision time
.... unless documents change your nationality or visa office, no they won't.

There are outliers - and if you don't provide eg enough evidence of relationship, or you miss a form out, or don't immediately supply medical exam or police certificates on request, you can slow things down - but they're not just going to look at a neat app, and decide to deal with it before the others in the queue.

Especially now so much of the application needs to be sent in response to requests when they say they want it (before January, everything was sent upfront in a single package).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MKColin said:
There are no inland apps being completed in 5-6 months. Those are outland apps through certain VOs.

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
MKColin said:
So you suggest apply "outland" if in hope to proceed faster?
Outland visas are usually processed quicker, but the benefit of being inland is that you are together with your spouse/partner. We went that route. Waiting is no fun, but you take one day at a time.
And I have never heard of any inland apps being processed that quickly.There is a spreadsheet too, where you can follow our timelines..:) Wishing you the best of luck!

bilabongster

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys who are uploading Schedule A through Web form or through the GC log-in: which version of the form are you guys using? Apparently they released a new version in Jan'17. And we had it already filled on the Nov'16 version and uploaded the old one. Does it make a difference? Since every question is the same

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
bilabongster said:
Guys who are uploading Schedule A through Web form or through the GC log-in: which version of the form are you guys using? Apparently they released a new version in Jan'17. And we had it already filled on the Nov'16 version and uploaded the old one. Does it make a difference? Since every question is the same
If you don't use the last version maybe the application can return. I read about it in this s forum.

ricomambo

Apr 4, 2017
Need advice, how to meet requirements of immigration and protection act for spouse applicant,i am a filipino working in riyadh and my wife is canadian citizen

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
beate1961 said:
Outland visas are usually processed quicker, but the benefit of being inland is that you are together with your spouse/partner. We went that route. Waiting is no fun, but you take one day at a time.
And I have never heard of any inland apps being processed that quickly.There is a spreadsheet too, where you can follow our timelines..:) Wishing you the best of luck!

As per new time lines shown on cic.gc.ca. the process time for inland and outland both is 12 months. What do u think about this change? "

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
guys can some on help me they are asking for birth certificate, middle standard and High school certificate and VOTERS ID card.

• Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
o Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
o Voter's ID card.

In india they do not expand the INitial in school and birth certificate. is that an problem ?

please advise.. am stuck in here.
do we need to submit Voters Id card??

thanks