Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meme1999 said:
hi guys!

I have a question, i am a refugee,can my parents come to visit me with tourist visa and stay for 1 month?

Thanks
Hi ,
It's very hard for any of your family members to get a Visitor visa because of your history , you applied for refugee and immigration will think that your parents will do the same .

But there is no harm to try .

Good luck

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Navita said:
I'm a citizen in Ottawa and he's in Poland ...
We have lived together for about 6 months total (me 3 months there, him 3 months here), so our relationship is considered conjugal as I understand.
No. Definitely not. You can travel easily between Canada and Poland, there is no barrier to you living together or getting married, so you cannot make a conjugal application.

I also read that for immigration's sake we are treated like a common law relationship if we have been together a year+
This is true
but could not live together due to immigration barriers or laws.
No. That would be grounds for a conjugal application (grounds which you do not have).

What exactly counts as an immigration barrier?
Not being able to travel to live with each other, or to a country where you could both travel to get married.
Is it as simple as we could have lived together for a year by now if the time limit on visitor visas were longer?
No. You can do that. As a Canadian citizen you might have problems entering the Schengen zone for over 3 months, but your Polish partner can travel to Canada, live with you, and extend their visitor permit while there. The only prospect of you doing this is if for some reason you're banned from entering the Schengen zone, and they're unable to leave.

We want to apply inland, but would this be the best option for our case?
In order to file an inland application, you must both be in Canada. If you are both in Canada, you can get married, or live as common-law (so can certainly not do conjugal). If you get married in Canada, you could file inland, yes.

I'm inclined because of the distance and the price of plane tickets in the case that he needs to come in for an interview (which I imagine he will since we're applying as conjugal). So why not be here anyway, right? In that case, what happens when his 6 month visitor visa runs out?
He can apply online to extend his visitor permit if he's establishing common law (12 months living together), or you have married and are awaiting the processing together. See above for why you won't be applying as conjugal
Can he stay since it's estimated to take 12 months to process?
Almost certainly yes. He can apply to extend his permit online.
If he has to leave, when can he return? Can I leave Canada to visit him while it is processing? Can the two of us leave Canada to vacation (probably 1 week, not the usa) during this process?
Leaving Canada during an inland application is not advisable, as the application could be deemed abandoned
If applying as conjugal is not the way to go, what is the best + fastest route? Marriage? I am a business owner as well, would it make sense to put the relationship off the immigration table and have him work for me? Could he extend his visitor's visa for another 6 months so we would be considered common law?
We're both pretty lost on this. Any advice or answers would be awesome.
Marriage would be quickest. Common law takes 12 months to establish (which does make gathering proof easier, because of so much that just accumulates in a year of living together).

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
Lavender2017 said:
Hi all,

I have received the following update from the MP, any explanation, please???

· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete was finalized sep 2016.
· The responsible office has reviewed the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent’s spouse meet the eligibility requirements.
o the eligibility requirements assessment has been finalized Sep, 2016.
· The medical examination results have expired. The office will contact your constituent’s spouse with further instructions.
· The criminality verifications are currently valid.
· The security verifications are currently valid.
Hi, you just will need repeat the exams. I believe you are ok.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcinha said:
Hi, you just will need repeat the exams. I believe you are ok.
It's possible that CIC will extend the original medical, which they often do, so I suggest waiting until they are specifically asked to do a second exam.

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
alaaalmasri said:
Hi guys, I'm the PA, and I'm visiting my wife (sponsor) next month, I have a visitor visa, and my application is in process and everything is going well.
My question is that is there any problem in visiting my wife (sponsor) in Canada during the processing of my application?
I will be visiting her for 2 weeks, and I'm returning back to my country since I have work.
Thank you
Hi, you can visit you wife. I am living in Canada since July, 2016 using visitor visa.

Kaystar

Mar 27, 2017
Good evening all,
I had a quick question regarding the document checklist form for Common Law In Land Sponsorship. On the form it states

"Birth certificates or baptism certificates for yourself and all family members, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not."

In the section:
Appendix A: Key definitions;
It states, "Family members: An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children."

Does this statement mean I have to provide the birth certificate of my common law partner (whom which is also my sponsor) with my application? OR is this statement just regarding my immediate family ( father , mother, brother - whom is a Canadian Citizen)?

This had be concerned as my Common Law Partner does not have a birth certificate, he only has his immigration papers from when he immigrated at 3 months old from Thailand, 28 years ago. I am not sure if this will be enough.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ramand.Saini

Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
Kaystar said:
Good evening all,
I had a quick question regarding the document checklist form for Common Law In Land Sponsorship. On the form it states

"Birth certificates or baptism certificates for yourself and all family members, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not."

In the section:
Appendix A: Key definitions;
It states, "Family members: An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children."

Does this statement mean I have to provide the birth certificate of my common law partner (whom which is also my sponsor) with my application? OR is this statement just regarding my immediate family ( father , mother, brother - whom is a Canadian Citizen)?

This had be concerned as my Common Law Partner does not have a birth certificate, he only has his immigration papers from when he immigrated at 3 months old from Thailand, 28 years ago. I am not sure if this will be enough.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You don't need to, if your common-law-partner is your sponsor. It only applies to other kind of family sponsorships, where your partner may not be sponsoring you.

Kaystar

Mar 27, 2017
Ramand.Saini said:
You don't need to, if your common-law-partner is your sponsor. It only applies to other kind of family sponsorships, where your partner may not be sponsoring you.
Thank you for your prompt response, is there anyone else that can confirm this as well?

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
prvc said:
Hello, everyone! Just want to say thank you to all of you for answering all my questions when I was still putting my application together and when I was waiting for approval. With all of your help and the valuable information I found from this forum, my visa was approved in 4 months and 2 weeks with no additional document request. :) Thank you, everyone! :)
Big thanks to all seniors!! :) You guys rock!
ditto! My application was just approved and I landed today! Exactly 3 months total. Thanks everyone for all the help and best of luck! Godspeed

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello,,

question for you guys,,

DO the applicant must have to provide the copy of national identity card along with the application ?

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
msingh199 said:
hello,,

question for you guys,,

DO the applicant must have to provide the copy of national identity card along with the application ?
The passport copy is enough from my point of view

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Hi everyone.

I want to ask if we need to submit my husband's Schedule A- Background /Declaration (IMM 5669) together with all of our application package? I am confused because it is said that "the person being sponsored must submit and sign these forms" and IMM 5669 is one of them. But in the checklist IN Part B number 4 under Police Certificates and Clearances and Background Screening Requirements it says that after our application is received, he then be requested to submit the form above (IMM 5669). And also, this might be a dense question but I have just to ask.. Should we put a check mark in that number 4 even if in case we don't have to submit form IMM 5669 and police clearances yet?

Thank you very much for taking time to read and answering my questions. It is greatly appreciated. God bless.

eriasr

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
05-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-03-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2017
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
24-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully for 2 weeks
LANDED..........
SOON
Hello everyone
I uploaded my PCC(the expiry time was 3 months and half,i saw later that in my country it was valid for 3 months only) from Albania on March 6 to My cic account as it was asked,after 2 weeks i got this email from VO Rome:

On March 21st i got email from VO Rome to send Original PCC before this date 2017/03/20.At the end of the email it says please send the correspondence to this address not more than after 60 days from this letter.
Could it be a mistake from VO Rome about the date?
It also says on My Cic account Replacement Overdue 20 March 2017.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi when submitting an application ,,the NOA form CRA should be latest.

I filled my tax already but it has been tax assessed yet. and i am sedning 2015 ,,is it ok