canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
gs123 said:
I am confused now what has happened and what to do next. They already returned the forms and certified birth certificate of child and other documents. I have raised Case specific enquiry. Not sure how long they will take to respond.

Anybody familiar with such situation, please advice.
Contact your MP.

enggvirdi

Dec 2, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pending
Nomination.....
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
NDVO does not send AORs
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
2nd line on 21st March 2015
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-04-2015; Third line on 28-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
Hi People,

I am Canadian PR about to sponsor my wife.
My wife is working and she took two months vacation for our wedding. She is living at my parental home and will join her duties in Delhi on 1st March now. We are about to apply for sponsorship application within this week. But, I am confused about her current address in background declaration form. Right now, she does not have any rented accommodation as she left the one she was renting before going on vacation. Should we wait for her to go to Delhi, find a new rented apartment and use that as current address or can we use any acquaintance's address?

Please advice.

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Need help

Hi, What documents needs to be translated and notarized?
Do I need both copies?

thanks

hmt411

Feb 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a rather unique situation. I have looked for a case like mine but haven't found it yet. I hope someone can help me with some info/answer. Here's my situation:

My wife is a Canadian citizen (naturalized outside Canada by her parents, long time ago). She is currently living outside Canada with me and our child (as a resident, not on any kind of Visa). As a matter of fact, she has never really lived in Canada, the longest she's been in Canada was 8 months I think.

She wants to sponsor me and our child to become a PR. At first we thought of doing it from outside Canada, but we changed our mind and want to do it from within Canada. We are now planning to move and live in Canada this year. We are planning to sell our stuff here and start fresh in Canada. My son and I are going on a visitor visa, and she will be using her Canadian passport to enter Canada. We will start the inland Spousal Sponsorship application within 2 or 3 months after we arrive there.

The big question is, what should her answer be to the "are you a Canadian living exclusively outside Canada" question? She is currently living outside Canada. But at the time of submitting the application, she will be living in Canada.

But the thing is, the immigration can find out that she has no record of living in Canada. She has no school history, no tax history, no work record in Canada, no ID or driving license. All she has is Canadian passport, citizenship card, SIN card, and a bank account with some money in it (from 10 years ago). All her employment records will be outside Canada.

We are thinking of answering NO to that question because she will apply for a job, an ID card and driver license once we're there. But we're not too sure if living for only 3 months in Canada can be considered living/residing in Canada.

Thoughts?

Melanne

Feb 18, 2017
Thanks for the response! The two dependants are my husbands children from first marriage but we want to give them the oppertunity to come if the so wish. I'm looking to find out if we should add the 20 yr old as a dependant and see if by the time is goes through it will be accepted. We can't seem to get a number to contact to ask this question. Everything is ready we just need to know if we can put him as a dependant so he has the oppertunity to come if he wishes.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Melanne said:
Thanks for the response! The two dependants are my husbands children from first marriage but we want to give them the oppertunity to come if the so wish. I'm looking to find out if we should add the 20 yr old as a dependant and see if by the time is goes through it will be accepted. We can't seem to get a number to contact to ask this question. Everything is ready we just need to know if we can put him as a dependant so he has the oppertunity to come if he wishes.
The 20 year old is not dependent and therefore cannot be included in the application.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Our wedding reception was held in Dubai but all the documents (nikkah nama and marriage certificate) are from Pakistan because we invited the qazi who is from the marriage registrar in Pakistan, my question is, do I need to attest the marriage documents from Pakistan and UAE?

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
Naina888 said:
Hello Everyone,

Our wedding reception was held in Dubai but all the documents (nikkah nama and marriage certificate) are from Pakistan because we invited the qazi who is from the marriage registrar in Pakistan, my question is, do I need to attest the marriage documents from Pakistan and UAE?
Where is your marriage registered: Pakistan or UAE?

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
Naina888 said:
Marriage registered in Pakistan but Conducted in Dubai.
So according to what you say, the Pakistani Vital Statistics Department is the one you should contact to get the marriage documents. Even if your marriage is registered in the UAE, i guess it was based on Pakistani papers.

Check with the Pakistani Consulate in UAE if you're living there to produce you a copy. If you're living in Pakistan, you have to follow a local procedure.

joe989

Feb 16, 2017
dlre said:
No you cannot sponsor your sister. OWP doesn't not allow you to sponsor anyone as it is not a PR. Even when you received your PR, you cannot sponsor your sibling unless you have no parents, spouse or children who are PR or Canadian citizen in Canada.
Thank you Dlre! Quick question....after getting my OWP, am I able to visit home....because I heard rumors that I can get refused of re-entry to Canada and then I would lose the whole process for my PR...on the other hand some people say they went in and out without any problems. It's really confusing ....

Harry Sharma

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
File Transfer...
26-08-2016
Med's Done....
24-05-2016
Hi everyone

I am just new here. i just have a query. Actually i have checked my status online on 14 feb and i got DM but since then i haven't got any email or update yet? even i dont know from how long they update DM i have checked status suddenly that day. so will any buddy help me out on this issue. I will really appreciate

Mankaran

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Doc's Request.
04-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-03-2017
Hello Everyone,

I am a PR in Canada and my spouse's sponsorship application was just received today (Feb 20' 2017) at CPC-Mississauga. We have applied as per the new process that IRCC introduced on December 7' 2016.
Are there any members in here that have applied per the new process? Would it be possible to share their timeline? I'd like to know how soon did they get the first response from IRCC.

Do we have a tracker where i can fill in my application details?

Thanks in advance!

MK

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
Harry Sharma said:
Hi everyone

I am just new here. i just have a query. Actually i have checked my status online on 14 feb and i got DM but since then i haven't got any email or update yet? even i dont know from how long they update DM i have checked status suddenly that day. so will any buddy help me out on this issue. I will really appreciate

Hi Harry Sharma,

DM means your waiting is over, sometimes they do send email updates but during my time I didn't get any email from my VO. Well Congrats though, all you have to do is to wait for your Passport with Visa and COPR and your other proofs to come back like my friends got theirs. But in my case before I never got my proofs back CONGRATS AGAIN...!!!