+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Hi Guys, so I have a question. I applied on Dec 18th, my application was received on Dec 23rd. On Jan 17th, they send us (me and wife) 3 letters , 2 AOR for each and another AOR for my wife asking her to send CSQ to Quebec. What does this mean ? did I get a SA ? we are residents of Quebec.

charan9985

Aug 7, 2014
While filling the documents of my spouse i got a doubt, my wife got her passport before marriage and has her family name/surname on passport, after marriage she got my family name (in marriage certificate), now what surname should we use to fill her details, as in the passport? or my family name she got after marriage?

thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
yoge said:
my wife older then me 15 years its any problem for my visa we already apply with new visa kit
its any problem for us to get pr
Depends on your relationship history, personal circumstances and whether you have any other red flags.

charan9985 said:
Thank you so much.. are you sure its 3 to 4 months if i sponsor my wife right now. Because i already sent my passport to them and if it took more time to process my wife PR application.. i will be waiting with out my passport.. Do you know any body with the same case in recent times.. because i want to make sure about the processing times...
Go to the EE or Skilled Worker section of the forum, there are many threads about this topic.

fazlook said:
Hi Guys, so I have a question. I applied on Dec 18th, my application was received on Dec 23rd. On Jan 17th, they send us (me and wife) 3 letters , 2 AOR for each and another AOR for my wife asking her to send CSQ to Quebec. What does this mean ? did I get a SA ? we are residents of Quebec.
Sounds like SA.

charan9985 said:
While filling the documents of my spouse i got a doubt, my wife got her passport before marriage and has her family name/surname on passport, after marriage she got my family name (in marriage certificate), now what surname should we use to fill her details, as in the passport? or my family name she got after marriage?
As clearly stated in the guide, the name used in the application must be the name in the passport.

derdaaf

Feb 26, 2016
joe989 said:
Hi all! Just wanted to know if any 2016 November applicants for the OWP got any reply yet...would be very helpful to know. Thanks in advance :)
I applied 4 Nov 2016 and no OWP. In the inland application timeline spreadsheet you can get an idea how far they are. Right now people who applied 11 October got their OWP. So hopefully a little bit less than a month...

enggvirdi

Dec 2, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pending
Nomination.....
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
NDVO does not send AORs
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
2nd line on 21st March 2015
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-04-2015; Third line on 28-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
Hey Guys,

One quick question
While filling the Supplementary Travel info form.. Principal applicant (my wife) need to fill out travels both for herself and her spouse (sponsor - that's me) for last 10 years
Now, I moved to canada in 2015. Does she need to mention that too?

Please suggest!

joe989

Feb 16, 2017
derdaaf said:
I applied 4 Nov 2016 and no OWP. In the inland application timeline spreadsheet you can get an idea how far they are. Right now people who applied 11 October got their OWP. So hopefully a little bit less than a month...
Thx for the info! Yeah hopefully latest end of March...

Melanne

Feb 18, 2017
I am a Canadian citizen I have been living in the U.K. For 20 wanting to go home. I'm Looking to sponsor my husband and two dependants. They are 20 and 18. With the new cut off age being 19, how do I say no to one, especially now when the age will now go up later this year. We are ready to apply but now are having to look at putting it off so they both have the chance to come.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Melanne said:
I am a Canadian citizen I have been living in the U.K. For 20 wanting to go home. I'm Looking to sponsor my husband and two dependants. They are 20 and 18. With the new cut off age being 19, how do I say no to one, especially now when the age will now go up later this year. We are ready to apply but now are having to look at putting it off so they both have the chance to come.
Were you born in Canada? If so, both of your children are Canadian. Please check on that link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/index.asp

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Hi,

Any application has submitted from AbuDhabi Office???
We have been married in Dubai and i have issued Marriage Certificate from Dubai courts with Legal translation attested/stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.. Will "Ministry of Foreign Affairs" and "Ministry of Justice" stamps/tickets are suffice or do we need to notarized the document as well.

Appreciate if anyone who experienced can reply the same.

TIA

joe989

Feb 16, 2017
Does anyone know if I'm capable of sponsoring my sister (even a work permit for her), when I get my OWP, or do I have to wait for my PR??? Thank you in advance for your help

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joe989 said:
Does anyone know if I'm capable of sponsoring my sister (even a work permit for her), when I get my OWP, or do I have to wait for my PR??? Thank you in advance for your help
No you cannot sponsor your sister. OWP doesn't not allow you to sponsor anyone as it is not a PR. Even when you received your PR, you cannot sponsor your sibling unless you have no parents, spouse or children who are PR or Canadian citizen in Canada.

joy0713

Feb 18, 2017
hello please i need some answer, i am here in canada sponsoring my husband who is in the philippines, i just got a letter yesterday from immigration telling me that i am ineligible to sponsor my husband because i did not put him as a family member when i became a PR but we just got married. and now they are processing the permanent residence application. is there a chance that my husband can be approve to become a PR even if i am already refused to be a sponsor?

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joy0713 said:
hello please i need some answer, i am here in canada sponsoring my husband who is in the philippines, i just got a letter yesterday from immigration telling me that i am ineligible to sponsor my husband because i did not put him as a family member when i became a PR but we just got married. and now they are processing the permanent residence application. is there a chance that my husband can be approve to become a PR even if i am already refused to be a sponsor?
Hi , there is no chance for him to be approved and become a PR if you are found ineligible to sponsor him .

sherenequeen

Feb 18, 2017
sherenequeen said:
Hello i am new on here tonight is my first on here.this is about me, i live in kingston jamaica so my husband in canada sent in my spousal sponsorship january 3rd 2017.application received 18th of janiuary and he met the requirements around the 25th of january .I got called february 10th asking for additional information and interview the 23 of march and email stating i should bring me and my son who is under 14 years old passport books and additional documents such as pictures sponsor western union reciept telephone contacts bills social media contacts etc also copies of my spouse passport of his visiting to me in jamaica.i wonder what my interview will be like.wish me all the best :) :D :mad: :eek: :-*.by the way we met on a dating site.