Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
barch88 said:
Awesome! Well I'd imagine they would have requested it with the 5669 if the process is only ~4-6 months because the FBI thing takes 2 months on it's own.

Thank you, I keep checking daily. Did you see your background check status change on MY CIC or ECAS? Or did it just go from SA to DM?
I noticed my app on MyCIC go from "Background Check: Not Started" to "In Process" first. 2 weeks later, ECAS showed DM. 8 days after that, I received my "PPR" email. I sent my passport copies and photos off today.

MyCIC will still show "In Process" for background check until they print and send my CoPR in a week or so.

Sherzad

Feb 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am from Afghanistan and currently living in Istanbul Turkey and I am going to apply for permanent resident of Canada under family category with spousal sponsorship. In the guide form which is for my region says to submit a certified copy of your documents, for example: Marriage Certificate.

CIC guide says like:
Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.

But

I and my Canadian spouse married in Afghanistan and we have Marriage certificate issued from Afghanistan in local language but we translated with professional translator and authenticated in the ministry of foreign affairs of Afghanistan and also in Afghan embassy in Ottawa. Now we want to apply but we are confuse what to do with the submission of documents.

Should we just send a copy of our translated marriage certificate (with a copy of original with local language) to CIC or do we still need affidavit with the translated document, if so how we make an affidavit in Turkey while its translated in Afghanistan?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sherzad Ashoori

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Omegabyte said:
I first noticed my app on MyCIC go from "Background Check: Not Started" to "In Process" first. 2 weeks later, ECAS showed DM. 8 days after that, I received my "PPR" email. I sent my passport copies and photos off today.

MyCIC will still show "In Process" for background check until they print and send my CoPR in a week or so.
Awesome thank you! So after I notice my background check go to "In Process" expect to be able to move within a month(ish) ...maybe about 2 months. For Americans we just send a photocopy of our passport page (same as we sent originally in the packet) and 2 Canadian PR photos (same as we sent with the application). Right? I included x2 photos + passport page, but I'm guessing they require it again?

Thank you! I'm hoping to move by June / July. They started processing my PR on Jan 28th, so I'm hoping by April sometime I'll have a DM.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
barch88 said:
Awesome thank you! So after I notice my background check go to "In Process" expect to be able to move within a month(ish) ...maybe about 2 months. For Americans we just send a photocopy of our passport page (same as we sent originally in the packet) and 2 Canadian PR photos (same as we sent with the application). Right? I included x2 photos + passport page, but I'm guessing they require it again?

Thank you! I'm hoping to move by June / July. They started processing my PR on Jan 28th, so I'm hoping by April sometime I'll have a DM.
I applied with the old forms, so I can't say for certain your process will go exactly like mine. The "PPR" email is a new step (as of Jan 2017) for Ottawa US->Canada Outland PR, and there's been no information from Ottawa as to why. I was asked to send the passport page copies, 2 new PR photos, "Annex A" (a form asking for my CoPR mailing address), and a return mailing envelope. If you have a US address, they ask you to send it by courier (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc). Canadian addresses use Xpresspost.

Good luck, hope your wait is short. I think you have set a reasonable expectation if your application is routine.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Omegabyte said:
I applied with the old forms, so I can't say for certain your process will go exactly like mine. The "PPR" email is a new step (as of Jan 2017) for Ottawa US->Canada Outland PR, and there's been no information from Ottawa as to why. I was asked to send the passport page copies, 2 new PR photos, "Annex A" (a form asking for my CoPR mailing address), and a return mailing envelope. If you have a US address, they ask you to send it by courier (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc). Canadian addresses use Xpresspost.

Good luck, hope your wait is short. I think you have set a reasonable expectation if your application is routine.
Yeah I'm assuming pretty routine. Wife and I both have never been married, neither of us have kids, no questionable history. She was approved as a sponsor within a week of AOR1 so that was nice. No movement on MyCIC or ECAS since. So they send you a PPR e-mail with a form you print out and you mail all of what you listed off to them via UPS/FedEx? Do they provide the envelope and form via mail or is it all e-mail? When you say passport pages I’m assuming the main passport page with your information + any stamped pages?

Thank you!

chicky43

Apr 17, 2015
Hi good day!
i am reading the thread regarding the PSA/NSO advisory on marriage in the phils but i was not able to get information regarding my case.

we got marrried here in canada and my wife got back home and after completing all the documents, we submit it.

we got an email before that i am approve as a sponsor and the papers will be transfer in Canada visa office in Manila,,

yesterday we receive email from immigration officer asking on PSA advisory on marriage.

my question is?

1. how to get PSA advisory immediately
i noticed that if we register now here in phil consulate, it will take a year for it to process.

2. is letter of explanation enough if we email back the immigration officer.

3. i think in the checklist, it is specify that if the marriage happened in other country, the marriage certificate is enough..

thank you for all who will help me and all i can help in the future...

charan9985

Aug 7, 2014
Hello guys.. please see my case and suggest as soon as possible..

I am ontario PNP - PR Inland october 2015 applicant. On feb 6th (this month) i got my PPR. I sent my passport and in that letter it was mentioned to submit info on any marriage or legal separation. On dec-8 2016 i got married in India and my spouse is India right now. I flew back to canada in January. So i send them the marital status update. Yesterday i received an email from CIC to fill list of documents regarding my spouse and also to pay the processing fee and RPRF fee ($550 + $490) if my spouse intends to accompany me to canada. so i was completely confused and nervous about my PPR stamping. here is my qsns:
1. If I choose my spouse not to come to canada RIGHT NOW and didn't pay the fee, do they review the spouse documents and will process only my PR file and will send my passport back with PR documents.
2. If i choose my spouse to come to canada NOW and pay the fees, do they hold my PR file and my Spouse's PR file and process it and then will send my passport back to me. and what is the processing time for this case to review and process my spouse PR.. because if its 10 months or 12 months i can't leave my passport with them for that much time...

please help !!!
Thanks.

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Question

CIC is requesting 20 pictures.

Should I add everyone names in the pictures?

Thank you

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
ojofar said:
Question

CIC is requesting 20 pictures.

Should I add everyone names in the pictures?

Thank you
We wrote on the back of each photograph with the details of what's pictured (situation, date, event, etc). Who was attending (we didn't really put anyone's names we just explained who they were). My spouse and I both wrote our names and DOB on each photo. GL!

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
barch88 said:
So they send you a PPR e-mail with a form you print out and you mail all of what you listed off to them via UPS/FedEx? Do they provide the envelope and form via mail or is it all e-mail? When you say passport pages I’m assuming the main passport page with your information + any stamped pages?

Thank you!
1) Yes, the last page of the email is your Annex A form. It has an area to put the address in the US or Canada where you want your CoPR sent.
2) It's only via email AFAIK. You have to purchase a prepaid return envelope, and pay postage/courier to send it all to Ottawa.
3) Yes, photo/info page, any stamped pages, and the "endorsement" pages in the back of the US passport.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Omegabyte said:
1) Yes, the last page of the email is your Annex A form. It has an area to put the address in the US or Canada where you want your CoPR sent.
2) It's only via email AFAIK. You have to purchase a prepaid return envelope, and pay postage/courier to send it all to Ottawa.
3) Yes, photo/info page, any stamped pages, and the "endorsement" pages in the back of the US passport.
Awesome! Easy enough. Have you landed yet or did you say you're still waiting for your COPR? I'm gonna have some question regarding how landing goes, hah. Will you landing at the Peace Arch in WA or a different area/state?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
barch88 said:
Awesome! Easy enough. Have you landed yet or did you say you're still waiting for your COPR? I'm gonna have some question regarding how landing goes, hah. Will you landing at the Peace Arch in WA or a different area/state?
I'm waiting for my CoPR. I'm planning on landing at Coutts/Sweetgrass. It's only an hour south of our Canadian residence, and it's a major land port of entry (at the top of Interstate 15 in Montana).

BTW, do you want to start another project that might help shorten your background check time? Apply for NEXUS (if you haven't already). The prevailing thought is it pre-loads all your background info into the databases that CIC and CBSA use to check background for PR. It also helps smooth crossing the border at most Ports of Entry.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
charan9985 said:
1. If I choose my spouse not to come to canada RIGHT NOW and didn't pay the fee, do they review the spouse documents and will process only my PR file and will send my passport back with PR documents.
2. If i choose my spouse to come to canada NOW and pay the fees, do they hold my PR file and my Spouse's PR file and process it and then will send my passport back to me. and what is the processing time for this case to review and process my spouse PR.. because if its 10 months or 12 months i can't leave my passport with them for that much time...
1. Yes, they still review your spouse - forms, documents, PCCs, medical, background checks etc.

2. Adding a spouse generally takes around 3-4 months. The delay will be pretty much the same whether she is accompanying or not, so it is a far better choice to include her as accompanying instead of having to sponsor her later.

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
my wife older then me 15 years its any problem for my visa we already apply with new visa kit
its any problem for us to get pr

charan9985

Aug 7, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
1. Yes, they still review your spouse - forms, documents, PCCs, medical, background checks etc.

2. Adding a spouse generally takes around 3-4 months. The delay will be pretty much the same whether she is accompanying or not, so it is a far better choice to include her as accompanying instead of having to sponsor her later.
Thank you so much.. are you sure its 3 to 4 months if i sponsor my wife right now. Because i already sent my passport to them and if it took more time to process my wife PR application.. i will be waiting with out my passport.. Do you know any body with the same case in recent times.. because i want to make sure about the processing times...