Not needed
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
05-04-2017
Naina888 said:
What does it mean by 'right of permanent resident fee'? Is it mandatory to pay $490 for that or its my decision to pay it or not?
You need to pay that :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Naina888 said:
What does it mean by 'right of permanent resident fee'? Is it mandatory to pay $490 for that or its my decision to pay it or not?
the right of permanent residency fee is a fee an applicant is required to pay to receive their approval paper/visa. it does not need to be paid upfront. it can be paid later on in the process when it is requested with the passport request. it is not an optional fee. the only option is WHEN it's paid.

miss.s

Jan 21, 2012
Hi Need help Asap..

Me and my husband we are in a relation since 7 yrs and we got married in Aug 2014 and applied for spousal sponsorship in April 2015,we got a letter stating that why i didnt mention my relation as common in law as we were living together in my pr file,,so how can we prove we were not in common law ,we were just roommates and in a romantic relationship as gf/bf,we have to reply the letter in 30days?Please provide some solution if someone else had same situation in the past...Thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
miss.s said:
Hi Need help Asap..

Me and my husband we are in a relation since 7 yrs and we got married in Aug 2014 and applied for spousal sponsorship in April 2015,we got a letter stating that why i didnt mention my relation as common in law as we were living together in my pr file,,so how can we prove we were not in common law ,we were just roommates and in a romantic relationship as gf/bf,we have to reply the letter in 30days?Please provide some solution if someone else had same situation in the past...Thanks
Why do they think you were living together? What dates did you put in the sponsorship application? They wouldn't say this without a reason.

rajabio111

Jan 19, 2017
Hello Every one,

Me and my girl friend (Canadian citizen) are going to marry soon in Canada. Does both of my parents should present in the civil marriage pictures to be part of spousal application? Our both side parents cant attend this and they aware about this. Our religious marriage will be later to civil marriage in back home.

is this situation going to be a problem for spousal application?

Please advice

Raja

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
rajabio111 said:
Hello Every one,

Me and my girl friend (Canadian citizen) are going to marry soon in Canada. Does both of my parents should present in the civil marriage pictures to be part of spousal application? Our both side parents cant attend this and they aware about this. Our religious marriage will be later to civil marriage in back home.

is this situation going to be a problem for spousal application?

Please advice

Raja
On the application it asks who attended the wedding (close family/friends/children), and asks you to provide details. It also asks if any of the following did not attend to explain why. We had both our parents attend and some close family but no other friends, and we explained why (too far for other family members and friends to travel).

To answer your question, it's not required but be prepared to explain why in detail when you fill out the application form for the Relationship Questionnaire.

miss.s

Jan 21, 2012
Aquakitty said:
Why do they think you were living together? What dates did you put in the sponsorship application? They wouldn't say this without a reason.

As we mentioned we moved in together in 2011..

Applied- 20 April,2015
Case of enquiry did 12jan 2017
Got reply on 13thjan 2017 (Letter for which we have to reply in 30days)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
miss.s said:
As we mentioned we moved in together in 2011..

Applied- 20 April,2015
Case of enquiry did 12jan 2017
Got reply on 13thjan 2017 (Letter for which we have to reply in 30days)
are you a PR as well? if so, when did you apply for PR and was your boyfriend listed in that application?

bananaoatmeal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Guys, in sections like "Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?", or "If no to any of the above, explain", is it okay to just type a short sentence saying that a full explanation is on the next page or there is an envelope full of evidence to support our relationship? Knowing that we have provided so much, it would be pointless to write up summarized things in those boxes knowing that everything will be repeated in the following documents in full detail, but is it ok to just write a short sentence like that, or is that not nice? :p

Also, in a question where you list if there was a wedding ceremony, honeymoon etc, should I also mention "engagement"?

Thank you for help!

bainsneetu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
hi, I need help .
I am canadian PR and came here early last year and have no issue with income etc. But I am getting married to guy who is Australian PR and I want to go there for around a year. No wonder I have to leave my current job. Later on I want to apply for his PR to Canada under spouse sponsorship. As far as I read on cic , I have to come back to Canada and then can apply for his visa.
Is there any chance, if he can get a visitor visa and can stay with me in Canada meanwhile I will apply his PR spouse visa ? and if so, can he get open work permit visa and start working before he gets the PR .

rajabio111

Jan 19, 2017
barch88 said:
On the application it asks who attended the wedding (close family/friends/children), and asks you to provide details. It also asks if any of the following did not attend to explain why. We had both our parents attend and some close family but no other friends, and we explained why (too far for other family members and friends to travel).

To answer your question, it's not required but be prepared to explain why in detail when you fill out the application form for the Relationship Questionnaire.
According new spousal sponsorship forms, How do I collect letters from Friends/Family regarding relationship? Please advise

awahidi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Usa
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Hello guys, I am applying soon for sponsorship by my wife who is a born canadian citizen. We are applying from the U.S.A so I'm going to send the application to missisauga. However, I am a student in the U.S and might be leaving after getting done with university. If immigration didn't reply and I had to leave usa, Am I able to change the place of interview if needed . P.S: I have a Canadian Visa.

Emily12

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
27/01/2017 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
05-04-2017
awahidi said:
Hello guys, I am applying soon for sponsorship by my wife who is a born canadian citizen. We are applying from the U.S.A so I'm going to send the application to missisauga. However, I am a student in the U.S and might be leaving after getting done with university. If immigration didn't reply and I had to leave usa, Am I able to change the place of interview if needed . P.S: I have a Canadian Visa.
I would say your application will be sent to Ottawa for processing after Mississauga prosesses your sponsorship part.

jmm klop

Jan 19, 2017
ParthK said:
We received your application for permanent residence on June 29, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 26, 2016.
Medical results have been received. Date modified:2016-11-04

Still waiting- anyone sailing in the same boat? Any
updates? I am afraid the medicals may soon expire!

Hi...mine we recevd your application f pr on 09 april 2016 and not ppr but ecas show me DM 9days still no ppr no email or mail