+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

bananaoatmeal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hello guys.

We are getting our outland application together, visa-exempt country. Should I include letters from friends or family if we have lots of other evidence? We have been together for 2 years, married recently, went to school together, travelled to other countries together etc. It's not a common law application so I'm assuming it's not necessary?

We have over a hundred photos, information (tickets, bookings, car rentals, receipts) about 3 trips to other countries we went on together in the last half a year, out of which one was a honeymoon trip, hundreds of screenshots with voice calls from the last year, gifts and receipts that we have exchanged between each other, messages from the last half a year and proof that we have over 67000 of them in total, phone calls from when I was in Canada over a year ago, pictures and receipts of wedding rings, pictures of engagement ring (engaged 1 year into the relationship), diplomas from the school we went to together and met many years ago, a document with written facts about our relationship - is that enough or should we include letters from our family? We have mentioned how our family members support our relationship, marriage, how we've all met each other and spent time together.

Also, everyone from my family needs to get a medical check done. I can't sponsor them in the future if they don't do that. But what about my sister? Would she also need to get it done, even though she would never be able to get sponsored by me?

Thank you for your help!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
bananaoatmeal said:
Hello guys.

We are getting our outland application together, visa-exempt country. Should I include letters from friends or family if we have lots of other evidence? We have been together for 2 years, married recently, went to school together, travelled to other countries together etc. It's not a common law application so I'm assuming it's not necessary?
Not necessary, but really it's an easy thing to add since they can just email you the letter. You don't need to have them notarized or anything.

We have over a hundred photos, information (tickets, bookings, car rentals, receipts) about 3 trips to other countries we went on together in the last half a year, out of which one was a honeymoon trip, hundreds of screenshots with voice calls from the last year, gifts and receipts that we have exchanged between each other, messages from the last half a year and proof that we have over 67000 of them in total, phone calls from when I was in Canada over a year ago, pictures and receipts of wedding rings, pictures of engagement ring (engaged 1 year into the relationship), diplomas from the school we went to together and met many years ago, a document with written facts about our relationship - is that enough or should we include letters from our family? We have mentioned how our family members support our relationship, marriage, how we've all met each other and spent time together.
Er, have you read the guides and checklist? They severly limit how many pictures and chat logs they want. You should only provide 20 pictures and whatever the limit is on the chatlogs.

Also, everyone from my family needs to get a medical check done. I can't sponsor them in the future if they don't do that. But what about my sister? Would she also need to get it done, even though she would never be able to get sponsored by me?
This medical requirement is only for your dependants (children) and spouse.
Thank you for your help!
[/quote]

bananaoatmeal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Aquakitty said:
Er, have you read the guides and checklist? They severly limit how many pictures and chat logs they want. You should only provide 20 pictures and whatever the limit is on the chatlogs.
Oh wow, we still didn't completely read all the guides for the new application package. That's interesting, good thing we found out from you before we would keep getting more things together. Thanks!

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Hasan2016 said:
My background check is changed from Not needed at this time to In Progress !
Whats next pls advise !

Thanks
Hasan
PPR soon for you! Time frame? That would still depend to the officer reviewing your app. It could be within the week, next week, 2 weeks, 1 month... I wish you get it soon. You're almost to the finish line :)

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Myself and my wife are applying for the spousal sponsorship.

I am Italian with permanent residence in UK and she is Canadian living and working in Montreal.

We got married in London, UK and never registered the marriage in Italy since we are not interested in moving there.

I am wondering if this might be an issue when the CIC will contact Rome and see that my marital status is "single" there.

We will provide CIC with an original copy of our marriage in UK anyway.

Could this be an issue for the sponsorship process? Should I register the marriage in Italy as well?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
fazlook said:
I sent my spousal application on Dec 22nd 2016 :) when do you think I will receive a confirmation of file opening ?
Maybe some time this week or next week. I submitted mine October 21 and got e-mail November 14.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Sous02 said:
Only if you are on the flight not picking him up at the airport
That makes sense. Thank you!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Ste_Vege said:
Myself and my wife are applying for the spousal sponsorship.

I am Italian with permanent residence in UK and she is Canadian living and working in Montreal.

We got married in London, UK and never registered the marriage in Italy since we are not interested in moving there.

I am wondering if this might be an issue when the CIC will contact Rome and see that my marital status is "single" there.

We will provide CIC with an original copy of our marriage in UK anyway.

Could this be an issue for the sponsorship process? Should I register the marriage in Italy as well?
Not an issue, as long as the marriage is legally registered in the UK.

kj4108

Jan 16, 2017
Hi All,

I have a quick question for all the experts on here.. I am a Canadian citizen and my wife is a Japanese citizen currently living in Japan. We applied for her PR outside of Canada and have been waiting since. Her VO is in Manila. They received our application on Dec 5th 2016. Thsi is my current status on the CIC website for her application.

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor XXXXXX on December 5, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 13, 2016.
We started processing your application on December 12, 2016.

Permanent Residence
We received XXXXXX's application for permanent residence on December 5, 2016.
We started processing XXXXXX's application on December 28, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Can someone please tell me what this means? I know I have already been approved as a Sponsor but what does this update mean?

Thank you all in advance!!

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi,
My boyfriend and I are going to apply for Inland Sponsorship Visa - Common-law. I am Swede and he is Canadian.

1. I have a question about the Open Work Permit. In the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker under Details of intended work in Canada question 5:Duration of expected employment. I already have a job and my intention is to continue working there during the process. What dates should I write there?

2. Could someone explain what the difference categories means and what I should apply for, Question 3 "I am applying for one or more of the following":
*A Work Permit with the same employer
* An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
* Restoration of your status as a worker

I have a Working Holiday Visa now and I have worked for my current employer for 3 months now.

3. One more thing, I am participant in the IEC program, my Working Holiday Visa expires May 8th. Do I have to provide proof of health insurance from Sweden covering the intended extension to my length of stay in Canada when/if CIC issue me an Open Work Permit? I am covered through my boyfriends insurance, shall I provide that?

Cheers!!

featherine

May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
Doc's Request.
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
26-02-2017
Just noticed DM from Ottawa in ECAS, so now I have some questions, if anybody can answer...

How long does it take to know what the decision actually is? How long, roughly, does it take to get COPR? How long do you have from getting the COPR to move?

Also... What's the likelihood that we got turned down without any requests for additional proof or an interview? Thanks in advance.

sammanne

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
hyderabad,india
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with pplication
File Transfer...
06-03-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 2016
Hi Friends,

I have an urgent doubt.

I applied for PR for my self from India and I landend in March 2016.After my landing my EACS showed as COMPLETE and I received my PR Card.I included my dependents in the application
I again applied for PR for my husband and spouse in May 2016 and they received DM on their EACS yesterday.
But now even MY EACS is also showing as DM and not COMPLETE.

Just want to know as to why my EACS has changed from COMPLETE to DECISION MAde again.
Is it something I should be worried about.
Can you guys please check you EACS and see what it says for your PR application and for your spouse PR application(i.e., EACS of sponsor please..........)