+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Hi everyone!

I want to ask something. This may be a dense question but I just want to know your opinion regarding this because I dont want to risk any chances of errors.

In the Undertaking Statement, it asks my husband's (principal applicant) given name and to write exactly what is shown in his passport. Now, in his passport it says his middle name which is Hisoler (his mom's maiden name, coz middle name in the Philippines is our mom's maiden name, unlike here in Canada, middle name is the second name). My question is, when I tried to fill out his name through the computer under given name, I typed "Rey Mark, Hisoler" with the comma after his name. When I validated it, it won't validate because of the comma. And without the comma, it is validated ok. We will fill out our application through writing, so should I put the comma after his name or just follow the computer and not put the comma?

Thank you very much for all of your opinions. It is greatly appreciated. :)

God bless everyone.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
fastl said:
Hi everyone!

I want to ask something. This may be a dense question but I just want to know your opinion regarding this because I dont want to risk any chances of errors.

In the Undertaking Statement, it asks my husband's (principal applicant) given name and to write exactly what is shown in his passport. Now, in his passport it says his middle name which is Hisoler (his mom's maiden name, coz middle name in the Philippines is our mom's maiden name, unlike here in Canada, middle name is the second name). My question is, when I tried to fill out his name through the computer under given name, I typed "Rey Mark, Hisoler" with the comma after his name. When I validated it, it won't validate because of the comma. And without the comma, it is validated ok. We will fill out our application through writing, so should I put the comma after his name or just follow the computer and not put the comma?

Thank you very much for all of your opinions. It is greatly appreciated. :)

God bless everyone.
The system probably doesn't allow symbols, just write it out with no comma. The only parts I had to hand-write in are the sections for sponsor employment and address history, I wrote in "Present" in the most recent box. I also wrote in on the Additional Family information form because it wouldn't let me type "Married-Present". I had to write it in small handwriting on the document after printing. Other than that, the only other section I had trouble with was where it asked about our trip history or visit history. It shows YYYY/MM on the form but the Adobe program types it YYYY/MM/DD so I just hand-wrote YYYY/MM because we don't remember the exact days; and the form lists it as YYYY/MM.

On all validated forms anything that isn't applicable I left blank and validated it correctly. On the other forms with no validate button I just wrote/typed N/A in literally every box that didn't apply.

vallabha147

May 24, 2014
London, ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016, AOR 2 - 13th December 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Yes to submit passport
LANDED..........
Already landed on Visiting Visa
Joyce_tosf said:
For anyone that's already landed (by plane):

Are you able to go with your sponsored spouse as they go through the landing process/procedures (presenting COPR, declared goods form, etc.) with the officers or do they have to go to that area on their own?
Can you please elaborate the question?

vallabha147

May 24, 2014
London, ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016, AOR 2 - 13th December 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Yes to submit passport
LANDED..........
Already landed on Visiting Visa
Hello Everyone,

Two things -

1) I have already submitted the file and it has reached NDVO. And I guess from here now my waiting time begins. So I have decided to apply TRV for my wife. Has anyone here applied for TRV after submitting spousal sponsorship file?

2) In case she gets TRV and my wife comes to Canada, and after coming to Canada if she gets passport request, what is the procedure then? Does she need to get back to India and come or we can take USA visa and go there and come back?

Please give your valuable advice.

Thanks and regards,
A Waiting Husband

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
I have a question in regards Schedule A - IMM5669.

The new checklist says it is not required to be submitted with the initial application but will be requested at a later date. I have already completed it and was wondering if it would quicken the process if I submit it with the initial application? (or is it something that gets sent online??)

Also the same for my police certificates. I already have them, so should I submit them now too?

bananna

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila FRC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
03-Jan-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 15-Sep-2016; <br> SA ECAS: 27-Oct-2016 <br>AOR2 SA 10-Nov-2016 <br>AOR3 PA: 02-Nov-2016
File Transfer...
10-Nov-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
10-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-Feb-2017 : Stamped by 22-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
Soon!!
Joyce_tosf said:

Are you able to go with your sponsored spouse as they go through the landing process/procedures (presenting COPR, declared goods form, etc.) with the officers or do they have to go to that area on their own?
I have the same question. Planning to fly with my husband (pick him up) when the time comes. I recall walking to a smaller room when I first landed a decade ago. Will I be able to accompany him to the room or does he have to do this on his own? He's afraid of flying so not much travelling for him.

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
barch88 said:
The system probably doesn't allow symbols, just write it out with no comma. The only parts I had to hand-write in are the sections for sponsor employment and address history, I wrote in "Present" in the most recent box. I also wrote in on the Additional Family information form because it wouldn't let me type "Married-Present". I had to write it in small handwriting on the document after printing. Other than that, the only other section I had trouble with was where it asked about our trip history or visit history. It shows YYYY/MM on the form but the Adobe program types it YYYY/MM/DD so I just hand-wrote YYYY/MM because we don't remember the exact days; and the form lists it as YYYY/MM.

On all validated forms anything that isn't applicable I left blank and validated it correctly. On the other forms with no validate button I just wrote/typed N/A in literally every box that didn't apply.

Thank you very much barch88! I really appreciate it! God bless you. :)

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bananna said:
I have the same question. Planning to fly with my husband (pick him up) when the time comes. I recall walking to a smaller room when I first landed a decade ago. Will I be able to accompany him to the room or does he have to do this on his own? He's afraid of flying so not much travelling for him.
You will be allowed to accompany him .
a friend of mine did it not too long ago .

bananna

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila FRC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
03-Jan-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 15-Sep-2016; <br> SA ECAS: 27-Oct-2016 <br>AOR2 SA 10-Nov-2016 <br>AOR3 PA: 02-Nov-2016
File Transfer...
10-Nov-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
10-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-Feb-2017 : Stamped by 22-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
Soon!!
TANMEX said:
You will be allowed to accompany him .
a friend of mine did it not too long ago .
Thank you! Rated you, thank you for responding!

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
bananna said:
Thank you! Rated you, thank you for responding!
Only if you are on the flight not picking him up at the airport

D123

Mar 16, 2015
Hello Friends,

I am a permanent resident of Canada. I recently went to India for vacation and got married. I am back in Canada now, and I would like to call my wife here to stay with me. As sponshership program takes 12 months :

- Is it possible that I apply a Visitors visa for her and bring her here, and parallaly I apply for Spousal sponsorship ?
- Would she be eligible to apply for Health card if she is here in Visitors Visa ?
- What is the difference between Visitors visa and Dependent Visa ?

Please clear my confusion. Thanks a lot for yor feedback.

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Guys,

I am filling out the forms and have a few questions:

- Do I (the sponsored) need to declare my parents if I want to sponsor them at later date?
- Doc IMM1344 - Part 1.1: If you (the sponsor) are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to: withdraw your sponsorship application or proceed with the application for permanent residence. What is the best option to choose? I don't get what is the point to process if my sponsor is found ineligible.
- Doc IMM1344 - Am I (the sponsored living outside Canada) supposed to co-sign?
- Doc IMM0008 - 3. How many family members including you are in this application. The application include me (the sponsored) and my wife (the sponsor). Should I put 1 or 2?
- Doc IMM0008 - 6. Have you received your Certificat de Selection du Quebec. Am I (the sponsored) supposed to apply for it before submitting the application?
- Doc IMM 5406 - 1. Where it says applicant I put me (the sponsored), do I need to put the information details of my wife (the sponsor) and of my or her parents?
- Doc 5533 - It requires me to send 2No. of photos, however I live in London and my wife in Montreal, can she print a copy of the photos?

Thanks.

derdaaf

Feb 26, 2016
Joyce_tosf said:

Porsonally, I would go "as a family" just join your spouse. I did the mistake of letting my spouse going as visitor and me as PR entering the country. Of course, she had to go to the special queue and was asked difficult questions.

If not allowed, they'll tell you anyhow to enter via the PR/Citizen space.

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Hi Need help

On the form Schedule A - Background declaration
Part 4
e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave canada or any other country?

My wife applied for Thailand visa for our honeymoon 2 times, both times it was not approved.

does she answer yes on the form if she been not approved visa for Thailand?
and will there be a problem sponsoring my wife?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
ojofar said:
Hi Need help

On the form Schedule A - Background declaration
Part 4
e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave canada or any other country?

My wife applied for Thailand visa for our honeymoon 2 times, both times it was not approved.

does she answer yes on the form if she been not approved visa for Thailand?
and will there be a problem sponsoring my wife?
Yes mention the refusals and give the reasons why. It depends on why she was refused the visa's as to whether it will be a problem.