Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
To the best of my knowledge there is absolutely no way around it. The most you could be out of the country at one time is maybe 2 weeks. Border services has your passport on file when you leave Canada and when you return so it is easily checked by immigration. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
username_1 said:
So they intentionally want us to stay apart until the process is completed? This is such a sick process.

I went through so much of trouble to get 6 months of work from India approved from my Employer and now this..

There is no other way to get around this and we can stay together?
It's hardly a sick process.

It was up to you to look at the rules. You can stay there with your spouse for that time and then submit the app when you return to Canada.

There is no way around the requirement for the PR sponsor to live in Canada.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
you're welcome. i forgot to mention you will want to list electronics separately with their serial numbers listed.
oh, What serial number? I don't think I have one for everything.

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
I see that my wife, who is going to sponsor me, will be economically responsible for me in the first three years.

If I get a permanent job as an employee and we have kids in the first three years, would I be entitled to paid paternity leave (paid by the government and not by my wife)?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Ste_Vege said:
I see that my wife, who is going to sponsor me, will be economically responsible for me in the first three years.

If I get a permanent job as an employee and we have kids in the first three years, would I be entitled to paid paternity leave (paid by the government and not by my wife)?
Paternity Leave is completely different from being on Welfare/Ontario Works, ODSP, OSAP Loans or any form of Government Assessment. Paternity leave is paid through EI (Employment Insurance) this is something that get's deducted from your pay cheque bi-weekly, monthly or whatever the case may be.

sammanne

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
hyderabad,india
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with pplication
File Transfer...
06-03-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 2016
Dear Friends,

My family got re-medicals as their medicals were expired.

After completing the medicals where do I have to send the e-medical receipts.How can I submit the documents online??

Our Visa Office is NDVO.

magicssem

Jan 6, 2017
I applied end of October 2015 and I still have no news..
But I heard some people already got the visa even they applied early of 2016. Anyone still have no progress who applied 2015...?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
sammanne said:
Dear Friends,

My family got re-medicals as their medicals were expired.

After completing the medicals where do I have to send the e-medical receipts.How can I submit the documents online??

Our Visa Office is NDVO.
e-mail it to go

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
MonzB said:
Paternity Leave is completely different from being on Welfare/Ontario Works, ODSP, OSAP Loans or any form of Government Assessment. Paternity leave is paid through EI (Employment Insurance) this is something that get's deducted from your pay cheque bi-weekly, monthly or whatever the case may be.
If it also matters, any type of tax benefit for income also doesn't count towards social assistance. My wife was getting some type of tax credit for about a year or two when we first dated and hasn't since, but we thought this may prevent her from being able to sponsor - NOT THE CASE!

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Avicon2016 said:
Is it fine if I validated the form again after changing/editing my answer?
Yes that is fine, you are supposed to validate every time you change your answer

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hello, I'm almost ready to submit my application. But im really really confused with which item i should check on the checklist coz I get different answers. Please see the following photos. Should I check the circled box or not? Even though I answered NO to the question?

korital

Jul 13, 2015
Hello,

I'm looking for some help with the required documents for the "Sponsor" section of the new application. I am sponsoring my wife whom is from China, we got married in Ontario, and she is currently living with me and my parents. We have no children so there are no dependents. We are also applying for PR inland.

Based on the new checklist, it states that "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)" as the only document needed to be submitted, it does not ask for any other documents like the option C, or Notice of assessment, or any other forms to be filled out. Am i missing something or are these now omitted from the new application? I was looking at some older threads and people were including these in their applications when they mailed them.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
korital said:
I'm looking for some help with the required documents for the "Sponsor" section of the new application. I am sponsoring my wife whom is from China, we got married in Ontario, and she is currently living with me and my parents. We have no children so there are no dependents. We are also applying for PR inland.

Based on the new checklist, it states that "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)" as the only document needed to be submitted, it does not ask for any other documents like the option C, or Notice of assessment, or any other forms to be filled out. Am i missing something or are these now omitted from the new application? I was looking at some older threads and people were including these in their applications when they mailed them.
You may want to try reading the rest of the checklist...

Page 3

Supporting Documents for Sponsor

5. Employment/Source of Support
Also submit your most recent Notice of Assessment

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi,

I am new here and applying for My Spouse Sponsor application hopefully by the end of this month. i am Naturalized Canadian Citizen living in Dubai after getting married from April 2016 with my husband. but we cant provide joint tenancy contract, Utility bill or other things because in UAE no rule for Joint tenancy contract, and from 9 months i am living in UAE as i dont need to obtain visa to stay in UAE for Canadian citizen its not required, i am going ever month Oman by road and come back within 3 hours to get 40 days extension. i am living with my Husband as House wife.

Kindly reply.