Not applicable
Passport Req..
23-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-04-2017
ames219 said:
Hey ! i was in the exact same situation as you. I don't think you have to do much but what I did was email CIC using the IRCC webform and let them know that my status had changed from PR to Citizen and i gave them my certificate number along with my new passport info( i applied for my passport as soon as the waiting time was up) and that was all!
Hey, Thanks a lot! I got my new passport, too. I will do the same as you did! Thanks a lot, I can't wait for my love be with me. I am so excited. Good luck everyone and God bless! :D :D :D

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hi. I have applied for PR through inland sponsorship in August 2016, expecting that the whole process my take around 12-18 months.
I would also like to apply for Express Entry at the same time? Can I have two applications at the same time? If yes, then would one application affect another?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vladikim said:
Hi. I have applied for PR through inland sponsorship in August 2016, expecting that the whole process my take around 12-18 months.
I would also like to apply for Express Entry at the same time? Can I have two applications at the same time? If yes, then would one application affect another?
Yes.

No.

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019
Hey, guys, I have a stupid question.. would it be considered living outside Canada, if I lived in Australia for 8 months as a tourist?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canaussie3014 said:
Hey, guys, I have a stupid question.. would it be considered living outside Canada, if I lived in Australia for 8 months as a tourist?
Didn't you just answer your own question? ;)

Dr M

Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
SA 21-12-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront. Received
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
another question
I landed in feb 2016 with proof of fund but now i m sponsoring my family & unemployed
i filed the application
Should i had included the amount of proof of fund in total net income instead of 0?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr M said:
another question
I landed in feb 2016 with proof of fund but now i m sponsoring my family & unemployed
i filed the application
Should i had included the amount of proof of fund in total net income instead of 0?
Only if it truly was income that you earned this year.

Who are you sponsoring?

Elohim

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hello guys..im kinda new here.. ijust recieved this email from Accra visa office concerning my wife's application. Can someone please explain what it means. Are they asking for more evidence to prove our marriage is genuine?

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

R117(9)(c.1) ) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, stipulates: A foreign national shall not be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if
(c.1) the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse and if at the time the marriage ceremony was conducted either one or both of the spouses were not physically present unless the foreign national was marrying a person who was not physically present at the ceremony as a result of their service as a member of the Canadian Forces and the marriage is valid both under the laws of the jurisdiction where it took place and under Canadian law;

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to address the above-mentioned concerns. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to address our concerns. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Elohim said:
Hello guys..im kinda new here.. ijust recieved this email from Accra visa office concerning my wife's application. Can someone please explain what it means. Are they asking for more evidence to prove our marriage is genuine?

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

R117(9)(c.1) ) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, stipulates: A foreign national shall not be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if
(c.1) the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse and if at the time the marriage ceremony was conducted either one or both of the spouses were not physically present unless the foreign national was marrying a person who was not physically present at the ceremony as a result of their service as a member of the Canadian Forces and the marriage is valid both under the laws of the jurisdiction where it took place and under Canadian law;

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to address the above-mentioned concerns. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to address our concerns. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.
Were both of you present when you got married? Any chance you were married by proxy or over the phone?

Elohim

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
No...I wasnt present because of work but I made my brother to stand in my place and I even explained when filing for the application. However, I went back this year to have the official marriage ceremony. the previous one was a traditional one

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Elohim said:
No...I wasnt present because of work but I made my brother to stand in my place and I even explained when filing for the application. However, I went back this year to have the official marriage ceremony. the previous one was a traditional one
CIC doesn't recognize the first ceremony since you weren't present. It's not legal / valid for Canadian immigration purposes. How much evidence did you submit for the official marriage ceremony? What overall evidence did you submit to demonstrate your relationship is genuine?

As I'm sure you can already see, CIC is concerned your relationship isn't genuine.

Elohim

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
I presented all of our chats, emails, money transfers, joint accounts and pictures we have together. Can i send additional documents( the pictures we took for this year's ceremony to them? I mean to the visa office in Accra.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Elohim said:
I presented all of our chats, emails, money transfers, joint accounts and pictures we have together. Can i send additional documents( the pictures we took for this year's ceremony to them? I mean to the visa office in Accra.
Edit: Oops, my original comment didn't take into account your other posts. Well this is a bit of a mess-up on your part. When you filled the documents, did you use the date your brother married your wife?? That's not at all acceptable. If I were you I'd withdraw the application and redo it all properly. I don't know if they will accept the further evidence, but if you go that route, resend all the documents with the proper information and proof, and write an explanation of what happened.

If you filled it out correctly it's not as bad, but yes you have to address this with as much proof as possible.

jaivikpatel

Oct 17, 2015
AHMEDABAD
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-NOV-15
Hey,

I am stucked in an unexpectedly horrible situation. i applied to sponsor my spouse. They refused my sponsorship stating i didnot declare my marriage during processing of my permanent residence application. However i did notify both offices twice regarding my marriage. Also since i selected to continue processing of my application even if i cannot sponsor thereby they are continuing the Spouse evaluation (Part II).

I have email communication as evidence that i notified them of my marriage. But i dont know how to resolve this. I send a case specific enquiry with attached evidences. Please advice if anyone faced this situation and how can i handle it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :'( :'( :'( :'(