+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do. Did you apply to sponsor the mother and son or just the mother? You can try applying for his visit visa but like you said, it is likely that it will be denied.

scarberia

Jan 11, 2011
Hi Friends,

Buffalio visa office has returned my application because they were not sure that I am legally living in USA.I have been asked to resubmit my complete application with the following information:-

As per appendix C

1)current or expired status of documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity.
2)I-20(For F1 Status)

All of my application forms have been returned.I have got 3 page computer print out from the buffalo office .On the 2nd page they have asked me to provide the proof of my legality in USA. and have asked to return the this correspondence letter when i resubmit the application.

My question:
1)If I submit my application where should I submit my application.Shall I submit my application to Buffalo visa office or to CPC Mississauga
2) Do i need Start a new application I.E fill up all the forms again or should i just resend the returned application with the requested information

I would really appreciate if somebody who has been in the same situation answer this question as well as other senior members

Please help.....thanks

kad14

Jan 9, 2011
scylla said:
kad14 -ok thx scylla to ur help, let me tell you when i become permanant, i became permanant in 02/06, but my son didn born ate that time he born in september 06, so what do u think about this. thx again

We'll need more information to be able to help you.

When (month/year) did you obtain permanent residence status in Canada. And how did you obtain it?

kad14

Jan 9, 2011
and i came here with my family and i get sponsored by my oncl
scylla said:
kad14 -

We'll need more information to be able to help you.

When (month/year) did you obtain permanent residence status in Canada. And how did you obtain it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kad14 -

I believe the following is correct based on the information you have provided:

Feb 06 - you land in Canada and become a PR
Sept 06 - your son is born

When did you marry your wife?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scarberia said:
1)If I submit my application where should I submit my application.Shall I submit my application to Buffalo visa office or to CPC Mississauga
2) Do i need Start a new application I.E fill up all the forms again or should i just resend the returned application with the requested information
1. Buffalo
2. No, just return the application providing the requested information

kad14

Jan 9, 2011
july 06 soon is i hear that she was pregnant i marry her over the phone , cuz in my country is legal and the know that.
scylla said:
kad14 -

I believe the following is correct based on the information you have provided:

Feb 06 - you land in Canada and become a PR
Sept 06 - your son is born

When did you marry your wife?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kad14 said:
july 06 soon is i hear that she was pregnant i marry her over the phone , cuz in my country is legal and the know that.
Since you got married and had your child after your landing date in Canada, you are able to sponsor your wife and son.

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
Hi Leon
my question is this: my husband is a canadian citizen. can he take me and my son to canada with a tourism visa and once we get there, he can begin the immigration process??? the reason is here we are not safe and im living only with my child and he is worried, cause if he starts now the process,that will take some time before he can get us there, plus hes working and cant come to visit us that often. please help me thanks a lot.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are not visa exempt, you can apply for a tourist visa but there is no guarantee that you will get it. If you don't get it, your husband will have to start the sponsorship process while you are outside Canada and it will take some time to go through.

kad14

Jan 9, 2011
rajessom i really i apreciat it i will try and i hop evry thing goes well man wish me luck i will share with you guys how evry thing will go
rjessome said:
Since you got married and had your child after your landing date in Canada, you are able to sponsor your wife and son.

POAN

Oct 18, 2010
Hi Leon,

I inquired about my application of PR status via email and they replied - Please note that your application is still under active review...i needed to enquire what this means..i will really appreciate.thanks

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
POAN said:
...they replied - Please note that your application is still under active review...
It means that they are still working on it and they don't have a decision yet.

J

jani99

A facebook group has been created "Protest against Canadian High Commission in Islamabad"...
I would encourage everyone to join this group and discuss all your matters there, and then we should make a plan to approach top Government officials and news channels and start complaining about the stupid system...

Let your voice be heard...

J

jani99

We have to make a strategy to approach media and ministers... We need to add as many people as we can in our facebook group then we can plan something to visit jason kenny's office. We will write a letter collectively to ministers, a copy which will be sent to Prime minister and to all news channels...

We will forward minister replies to news channels...

I will also write an email to Jim Brown Host of Calgary Eyeopener show at cbc radio... I will request him to broadcast this issue on the radio...

I also have the contact details of minister of foreign affairs and his office is in Calgary...

I will do whatever I can no matter what happens...