LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
Hello there.

I have a question for this scenerio.

A person arrested 2 years ago
Released the next day.
Charges were dropped.
Expungement was granted.
FBI back ground check does not show anything related to the crime.
First offense and only offense.

When doing the application what should i answer for the next questions.

1) been convicted of a crime or an offense in Canada or any other country
2) been charged or may be charged for a crime or offense in Canada or any other country.
3) been detained or incarcerated.
4) been arrested in Canada or any other country.

Thank you very much for your time.

silvershani

May 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kindly let me know how Can I add my wife in my application I have already applied for immigration.

I just got married 2 weeks before..

My Visa office is London. please suggest me which forms should I fill ??

Thanks

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Thanks Leon for ur time and answer!!!

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Hi Leon Sorry another Q came up..If u donnt mind perhaps u have an answer here too...Can u have a spousal sponsorship outland applic and an outland PR skilled labour applic running together???They are both with the ND embassy. Well actually i doubt the PR skilled labour applic has started processing yet. The spousal one will start processing soon. We were told by embassy it cold take yrs for the skilled labour one.

james79

Jan 4, 2011
Leon we are all included in her application when she applied as a caregiver, so in her application also for PR on april 2011 we are included as outland so if she gets the PR and so are we... She is just asking what are the problems we might encounter. your a really big help leon thanks a lot so much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silvershani said:
Kindly let me know how Can I add my wife in my application I have already applied for immigration.

I just got married 2 weeks before..

My Visa office is London. please suggest me which forms should I fill ??
You must add your wife to your application. Re-do all the forms that have changed because you now have a wife. Your wife also has to fill out her background history etc. Send this in with a marriage certificate and fee for your wife and a letter stating you want to add your wife to your application.

missinghim said:
Can u have a spousal sponsorship outland applic and an outland PR skilled labour applic running together???They are both with the ND embassy.
If it is a fairly new skilled worker application, it is not supposed to take years but sponsorship will most likely be faster. There is no rule saying you can not have more than one application going at the same time. When the visa office is well underway with one of them, they may ask you to withdraw the other one or you can do it yourself when you know which one is coming through for you.

james79 said:
Leon we are all included in her application when she applied as a caregiver, so in her application also for PR on april 2011 we are included as outland so if she gets the PR and so are we... She is just asking what are the problems we might encounter. your a really big help leon thanks a lot so much.
There shouldn't be any problems. Better to all get the PR together than for her to list you as not accompanying and then you wait another 6 months to a year for her to sponsor you.

Cynthia2011

Jan 6, 2011
Happy New Year, first of all! Leon, you seem to be the resident "Answer Man," and I have read your concise response regarding spousal sponsorship (several times). However, my intended and I have what would seem to be a couple of unusual circumstances. I am almost 58 and do not work (divorced, living on spousal support--but I own a home with a mortgage in Michigan which is currently rented and own a loft outright in Hillsboro, OR plus have investments and savings and have no outstanding debt). He is 59 and is a missionary consultant to 5 Asian countries (Indonesia, China, Singapore, Philippines, and Malaysia) which translates into him being gone frequently and for quite a bit longer than 2 weeks. Since it is his job, I am not certain this qualifies as "vacation" and so, therefore, should not be held against us regarding his status of residency. He does have dual citizenship: Indonesia and Canada (lives in BC in a condo he owns outright). I am an American citizen (living in Oregon), born and bred, and have never lived anywhere else. I have a clean record without as much as a traffic ticket ever in my life.

Currently, we visit back and forth with me taking a train to Bellingham, WA and then he picks me up there or he drives down here to the Portland area. The last time he drove me to the train station (from Abbotsford, BC), we were asked many more questions at the border than we have been asked in the past. He is also considered a "pastor" although he is really more of an itinerant preacher since he is away so much (he speaks in many different churches throughout BC and the State of Washington, mostly). My "job" will be to support him in his mission efforts.

I have four children and (almost...in February) 5 grandchildren here in the States. My eldest (almost 38) son living in Texas will more than likely require a heart transplant some time in his early 40's (we have known this since he was 2 years old). My concern is that I will be in the middle of all this and will not be able to get back to the States should his medical condition escalate to critical. He has two small children (5 and 8) and a wife and I would not want to have to abandon them at such a time, especially since there are no guarantees, if you know what I mean. I would also like to be able to visit all my children and grandchildren without jumping through hoops.

Another question: Assuming we are able to get married within the next year, would I be allowed to join him right away on his missionary assignments or would there be a waiting period for that? Would I be able to join him on one of his missionary trips to Indonesia (his family of origin lives there) during the process (I do have a valid and current passport)?

He is going to Surrey tomorrow with my legal documents and his to investigate all of this, but I am not sure how much information he will glean in one meeting. We have tons of emails, phone records, cards, etc. to legitimize our relationship, by the way.

I've read about the "inland" and "outland" applications but am, to be quite honest, at a total loss as to which would be preferable. I think my biggest concern is not being able to get into the U.S. for the reasons I stated earlier.

I've actually had a discussion with him about (me) moving to Linden or Sumas, WA (or even Bellingham) since he frequently crosses the border to do business in Sumas. Would it be advantageous for us to just get married and then for me to live in Sumas, WA and just have him cross the border (as he's been doing for his own personal business) while we wait for my application for permanent residency to go through?

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cynthia

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cynthia, it sounds to me like you should be doing outland. This will not prevent you from living with your husband to be in Canada although you can not officially move until you have your PR, i.e. do not show up at the border with a u-haul full of your belongings. You would have visit status in Canada and would not be allowed to work nor would you qualify for health care. Like any visitor, you can go back to the US any time. Make sure that immigration has your address where you are or if you are travelling that you have someone pick up your mail and check your messages so you don't miss any attempts to contact you.

I see no reason why you couldn't immediately join your husband on his travels as long as you make sure that if you go to a country where a US citizen needs a visit visa that you would get that first.

J

jani99

We should keep sending emails to the ministers offices and we have to let them know that CIC-Islamabad has the highest processing time as oppose to all Canadian embassies in the world. We must ask following questions to all the ministers:

Why does CIC-Islamabad takes forever to process even a smaller task?
Why spouse process takes 16 months?
Why embassy officials wait for the expiry of medical and PCC and send a letter through Pakistan post that your medical has been expired, please go for another one?
Why Parents sponsorship is taking 40 months (Step 2)? (Step 1 also takes 40 months, means it will take 80 months to bring your parents here)

It used to take 4 weeks to apply for a work permit back in 2007, but now it takes 10 months. If a person is applying for a work permit, he has to wait 6 months to get an LMO and then 10 months to get the visa.

It used to take 28 working days for the visitor visa, but now it takes 49 working days.

It used to take 4 weeks for the student visa, but now it takes 9 weeks.

WHY?

If ministers cannot answer these questions or if they try to fool us around then we should keep posting these kind of comments on all the forums and we should keep trying whatever we can rather than waiting to see our loved ones. Even waiting is not a problem, but it has to be realistic. Embassy must not reply with a general statement: "Your application is in queue for an initial review".

If there are lack of resources or if we have too much population in Pakistan and poor CIC-Islamabad deals with Afghanistan applications too then Minister Jason kenney should send some people over to speed up the process. I know that Canada is been helping Pakistani flood victims, but did you guys see the situation in Pakistan. Our Government is corrupt, people are not getting any relief, government officials are ready to destroy Pakistan they don't care about Pakistanis.

In the end, I would suggest everyone that we should keep sending emails to the ministers, send email to CIC-Islamabad and tell them that I do not want a general statement but an authentic answer. If the Canadian Government can not deal with CIC-Islamabad issues then they should close CIC-Islamabad office and transfer our files to some other embassy.

Call them, fax them, email them. Ask questions, it is your right to ask questions. Everyone knows that they are wasting time and not doing their job. More than 50% of the staff at CIC-Islamabad is Pakistani. If your cases are genuine and you think that you have provided everything according to the requirements then you should step up and raise your voice.

Life is short and I do not want to waste my short life without my family and without my loved ones. No one can separate your parents, wife and kids from you.

Good Luck...

P.S: I am watching the applications process time for last 5 years, it is going up rather than going down. We need to change the system and we need to change it now.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jani99 said:
We should
...snip....
Double posting the same text here doesn't help at all.

FWIW, the governments of many countries ignore their citizens until an election is imminent, did you really expect a positive reply from Mr Harper or Mr Kenney?
Canada is currently working on cutting budgets and costs, so the chances of getting more spending on immigration is highly unlikely.

Closing Islamabad would only increase delays, I suspect that receiving a mass of emails would also cause delays - or provide an excuse for more delays.

No one can separate your parents, wife and kids from you.
I agree that they should not, but they most certainly can.

The choice to come to Canada is a personal one, but if we want to enter Canada it is on Canada's terms, not ours. So we need to follow the process, however unjust.
The only other choices are, stay in our land of birth or immigrate to another country.

Cynthia2011

Jan 6, 2011
Leon said:
Cynthia, it sounds to me like you should be doing outland. This will not prevent you from living with your husband to be in Canada although you can not officially move until you have your PR, i.e. do not show up at the border with a u-haul full of your belongings. You would have visit status in Canada and would not be allowed to work nor would you qualify for health care. Like any visitor, you can go back to the US any time. Make sure that immigration has your address where you are or if you are travelling that you have someone pick up your mail and check your messages so you don't miss any attempts to contact you.

I see no reason why you couldn't immediately join your husband on his travels as long as you make sure that if you go to a country where a US citizen needs a visit visa that you would get that first.
Thank you very much, Leon! I will let my intended know. I was thinking "outland," but truly, this is about as confusing and tedious as it can be. And when a person reads all the different posts and the problems everyone is encountering, it is easy to understand why they get so discouraged.

One question, though: Should my address (to let immigration know) be a US location or can it be my fiance's/husband's address (since he has people who pick up his mail and listens to messages)?

Thank you, again! This must be a full time (plus!) job for you!
Cynthia

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cynthia2011 said:
Thank you very much, Leon! I will let my intended know. I was thinking "outland," but truly, this is about as confusing and tedious as it can be. And when a person reads all the different posts and the problems everyone is encountering, it is easy to understand why they get so discouraged.

One question, though: Should my address (to let immigration know) be a US location or can it be my fiance's/husband's address (since he has people who pick up his mail and listens to messages)?

Thank you, again! This must be a full time (plus!) job for you!
Cynthia
I agree with Leon that outland is the right choice for you. Regarding addresses, you can have a "residential" address and "mailing" address on the application. If you feel your husband's address is better then use that as your mailing address.

J

jani99

Baloo said:
Double posting the same text here doesn't help at all.

FWIW, the governments of many countries ignore their citizens until an election is imminent, did you really expect a positive reply from Mr Harper or Mr Kenney?
Canada is currently working on cutting budgets and costs, so the chances of getting more spending on immigration is highly unlikely.

Closing Islamabad would only increase delays, I suspect that receiving a mass of emails would also cause delays - or provide an excuse for more delays.
I agree that they should not, but they most certainly can.

The choice to come to Canada is a personal one, but if we want to enter Canada it is on Canada's terms, not ours. So we need to follow the process, however unjust.
The only other choices are, stay in our land of birth or immigrate to another country.
You have decided to keep quite and people like you allow Governments to do whatever they want. If we have submitted everything, medical has been done, PCC is provided then why do they ask for re medical and PCC again? It does not make any sense to me, I have been living in Canada for last 3 years and I want my family here ASAP... I am not ready to follow CIC-Islamabad rules...

It should not take forever to get any visa for any country, if Canada is taking forever to grant visas then they have to change their rules because this stupid wait is just for Pakistanis...

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jani99 said:
You have decided to keep quite and people like you allow Governments to do whatever they want. If we have submitted everything, medical has been done, PCC is provided then why do they ask for re medical and PCC again? It does not make any sense to me, I have been living in Canada for last 3 years and I want my family here ASAP... I am not ready to follow CIC-Islamabad rules...

It should not take forever to get any visa for any country, if Canada is taking forever to grant visas then they have to change their rules because this stupid wait is just for Pakistanis...
You have very little idea what I do, or what I stand for, we have never met.
I have not "decided to keep quiet", I have both written to, and met with quite a few politicians - federal and municipal (I live in Ottawa). I have raised lots of issues on a variety of topics (not all are related to immigration). Unlike many countries in the world, in Canada you can get to meet politicians if you are persistent.

I would suggest that the reason that there are time limits on medicals (and therefore retests) is that personal health changes over time.
Obviously Canada has good reasons to demand a medical, why would you expect that the medical should not be current?
I assume that a updated PCC may be required for the same sort of reason.

You say that you will not follow CIC-Islamabad rules; can I ask, is your approach the same in Canada, I doubt it?

No doubt there are people who have waited more than three years.
Your assertion that this is only for Pakistanis appears incorrect, there are quite a few other offices that have longer processing times for spousal and parental processing.

What I said was "The choice to come to Canada is a personal one, but if we want to enter Canada it is on Canada's terms, not ours." clearly that is the case.
I would respectfully suggest that you try and relax; In my experience if someone puts forward a concise, coherent and convincing argument, others (even politicians) are more likely to listen.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Here is a question that I have, which may seem a little silly, but my fiance and I would just like clarification...Once all is said and done with our application, and he is approved and granted the permission to live here - is he able to work?

We will be applying outland, since I'm here in Ontario, and he's in Florida.

We're just trying to get our heads around the things that are to come in the near future....

Also, I have read conflicting info, can I be rejected based on income?