Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr M said:
i m sponsoring my wife & she is filling the applications of principal applicant
Do i need to fill Schedule A?
will i be included in generic form of my wife im0008 asd a spouse or not?
You only need to complete the forms that are listed on the Document Checklist for the sponsor. The 5669 Schedule A form is for the applicant, not the sponsor.

No, you will not be included on her form, even though you are her spouse. This would apply only if you were also being sponsored. Since you are the sponsor, you cannot sponsor yourself. ;)

You should be listed as her spouse on the 5406 form (Additional Family Members).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
diding said:
I am just curious. we're sending our application this November. I am a legal resident here in USA. My extended visa will be expiring next September 2017 and my US permanent resident visa application is still pending for the last 17months now. If my Canadian spouse sponsors me, will it affect my canadian sponsorship application if I have a pending visa application here in the US?
No, it will not have any effect on a sponsorship app.

ZheilaG said:
Based on the documents you submitted, I am not satisfied that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada once you obtain your status as a permanent resident.

He was already approved as a sponsor and my file was already transferred to the Visa Office here in Manila. We are both in Manila and he has been living here for 4 yrs already.
What did he submit with the app? He can show plane tickets, letters from family/friends, proof of looking for a job/house in Canada, proof he's moving his life to Canada (shipping stuff, transferring money etc.).

KamKam said:
Will a student visa be a good option.

Bearing in mind that my PR card has expired and I will meet RO only in 2018.
She will need to declare that her PR husband is living in Canada. This will lower the chance of being approved for a study permit, as it shows stronger ties to Canada than to her home country.

She may be approved but you should also be prepared to be apart for the next 2 years if she is refused.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
KamKam said:
My fear is she trying to get a student Visa might cause me trouble with my expired PR and RO not met yet ???
her application for a student permit has no reflection on your pr status, they are completely separate matters. no matter what, the fact remains you haven't met RO yet, so it's your responsibility to fix that or wait for CIC to find out.

KamKam

Oct 24, 2016
Agree with you..

And only time will let me do it.

But i am relieved that I can apply her Student Visa without to worry on implications on my side.

kam

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
KamKam said:
Agree with you..

And only time will let me do it.

But i am relieved that I can apply her Student Visa without to worry on implications on my side.

kam
Student VISA seems to be the best possible VISA for you. Make sure you don't show any relation to you while applying the student VISA.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sadcanadianpr said:
Student VISA seems to be the best possible VISA for you. Make sure you don't show any relation to you while applying the student VISA.
Very BAD advice. This is misrepresentation and would result in the app being refused and the applicant being banned from Canada for 5 years.

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
canuck_in_uk said:
Very BAD advice. This is misrepresentation and would result in the app being refused and the applicant being banned from Canada for 5 years.
Hey buddy.. You seems to be a way more experienced person. Sorry if it looks like a bad advice. But if he shows the relationship it might make her application to reject. Had experienced the same before in my case but I was applying a TRV. But my PR is not expired or anything.

alb01

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016 AOR 2: May 13,2016
Med's Done....
January 15,2016
Interview........
Sept. 13.2016
Hey guys, my husband did interview and its been now 7 weeks no news
from Rome Vo. Do you think its a good idea to either email Rome or talk to MP in this case would be the Misssiauga one i guess??? I am eagerly waiting for him to get a response just cuz I am back home with him and I dont wanna go back to Canada without him. What should I do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
alb01 said:
Hey guys, my husband did interview and its been now 7 weeks no news
from Rome Vo. Do you think its a good idea to either email Rome or talk to MP in this case would be the Misssiauga one i guess??? I am eagerly waiting for him to get a response just cuz I am back home with him and I dont wanna go back to Canada without him. What should I do?
There's nothing you can do but wait. It can take several months for a decision to be made after the interview. You haven't been waiting very long since the interview and it's too early to ask your MP for help. And no - you would not ask the Mississauga MP for help. You would ask YOUR MP for help (i.e. the MP for the area where you live).

Nazali

Oct 12, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You need to contact the VO by CSE and request your documents. As it's been several years, it's possible that IRCC may not be able to locate your documents.
Hi, thanks for the reply but what is CSE?

podaSK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Passport Req..
16-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2016
LANDED..........
04-12-2016
I have a question regarding the RCMP criminal record check. The Hong Kong visa office requested that my wife complete an RCMP criminal record check, scan it and upload it using myCIC account. She went to a Commissionaires office yesterday to get this done and the officer there was very insistent that it should be mailed directly to the Hong Kong visa office directly and my wife believed that he knew what he was talking about and agreed to do that. I guess she didn't understand the part of the letter about uploading it on the website, which is partially my fault for not making that clear. Would this be a problem if the visa office received this document in the mail instead of online? Is it worth redoing it so we can get the criminal record check to scan and upload? I am going to try to contact CIC about this, but I usually find them to be unhelpful.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
podaSK said:
I have a question regarding the RCMP criminal record check. The Hong Kong visa office requested that my wife complete an RCMP criminal record check, scan it and upload it using myCIC account. She went to a Commissionaires office yesterday to get this done and the officer there was very insistent that it should be mailed directly to the Hong Kong visa office directly and my wife believed that he knew what he was talking about and agreed to do that. I guess she didn't understand the part of the letter about uploading it on the website, which is partially my fault for not making that clear. Would this be a problem if the visa office received this document in the mail instead of online? Is it worth redoing it so we can get the criminal record check to scan and upload? I am going to try to contact CIC about this, but I usually find them to be unhelpful.
Your message is a bit confusing , you need an RCMP record check but instead you sent to the embassy your wife's fingerprints unprocessed by the RCMP ? Commissionaires are not officers and they are not part of the RCMP , they can only perform fingerprinting and send it electronically to the RCMP .
Or you mean the embassy only needed the fingerprints ?

as for your question , yes you can retake the fingerprints , Commissionaires will be more than happy to charge you another fee .

podaSK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Passport Req..
16-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2016
LANDED..........
04-12-2016
TANMEX said:
Your message is a bit confusing , you need an RCMP record check but instead you sent to the embassy your wife's fingerprints unprocessed by the RCMP ? Commissionaires are not officers and they are not part of the RCMP , they can only perform fingerprinting and send it electronically to the RCMP .
Or you mean the embassy only needed the fingerprints ?

as for your question , yes you can retake the fingerprints , Commissionaires will be more than happy to charge you another fee .
Sorry if I was unclear. I meant the Commissionaires sent it to the visa office instead of sending it to us as they were supposed to. I am not sure if the visa office will accept this since they requested it be sent online. So my worry is that it was sent by the improper manner. Even if we get it redone at the Commissionaires, I am worried it might cause confusion if it is uploaded online and later arrives in the mail.

Commissionaires are authorized to make a submission for a RCMP criminal record check, as noted on the RCMP website. We went to them since they are closer. The criminal record check still comes from the RCMP in the end. I am aware they are not RCMP officers - the paperwork from the Commissionaires office referred to their employee as an officer so I used that term.