canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
xtreemboarder said:
Is that all that is required to fulfill the statutory declaration requirement? Just notarized English letters? I was going to get affidavits from some people.

If we have the "non-official" documents translated, would they need to be notarized as well or is it safe to send them in translated with a note saying by whom it was translated?

Thank you
Yes, the letters just need to be notarized.

You don't need to notarize the non-official stuff.

graham_crackers

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Doc's Request.
02-02-2017|21-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Interview........
None Needed
Passport Req..
05-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hello,

I am just beginning this process. My husband is American and we are doing outland spousal sponsorship but from Quebec (where I currently reside). I'm very confused by the guides and at the moment the Canada immigration official site is down so I can't even read what's there :mad: We're just about ready to send off our packet but I'm doing a thorough once-over on everything to make sure it is ok. I have a few questions, and if this is the wrong place please correct me and tell me where to go, I'm just lost:

• Do I send all documents (mine the sponsor's AND his the immigrant's) in one package? Or should I send them separately?
  • Am I correct in that I don't have to do anything special about Quebec yet until we get further notice after we send in the documents?
  • What is the best way to provide proof of relationship? We have our marriage certificate from Canada seven years ago, photos from that day, deed from our former house, title of dual ownership of our current vehicle, his name is on my current Quebec lease (is that bad? good?), and photos galore. We don't have a lot of recent trip tickets, phone call logs, etc. though because we had been living together in the US for the past six years. We have old (2010) affidavits from friends/family members stating we're in a true relationship that we used when I immigrated to the US, are those helpful? What about old bills that share our name?
  • We're still waiting on his FBI clearance and will be sending that later. Is adding a cover letter explaining that and other things helpful? Has anyone come across a good template?
  • Is sending photocopies of photos and cards ok? Those items are precious to me and I would hate to lose them.

I'm so sorry for all the questions, I just really want to get this right. Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
graham_crackers said:
Hello,

I am just beginning this process. My husband is American and we are doing outland spousal sponsorship but from Quebec (where I currently reside). I'm very confused by the guides and at the moment the Canada immigration official site is down so I can't even read what's there :mad: We're just about ready to send off our packet but I'm doing a thorough once-over on everything to make sure it is ok. I have a few questions, and if this is the wrong place please correct me and tell me where to go, I'm just lost:

• Do I send all documents (mine the sponsor's AND his the immigrant's) in one package? Or should I send them separately?
  • Am I correct in that I don't have to do anything special about Quebec yet until we get further notice after we send in the documents?
  • What is the best way to provide proof of relationship? We have our marriage certificate from Canada seven years ago, photos from that day, deed from our former house, title of dual ownership of our current vehicle, his name is on my current Quebec lease (is that bad? good?), and photos galore. We don't have a lot of recent trip tickets, phone call logs, etc. though because we had been living together in the US for the past six years. We have old (2010) affidavits from friends/family members stating we're in a true relationship that we used when I immigrated to the US, are those helpful? What about old bills that share our name?
  • We're still waiting on his FBI clearance and will be sending that later. Is adding a cover letter explaining that and other things helpful? Has anyone come across a good template?
  • Is sending photocopies of photos and cards ok? Those items are precious to me and I would hate to lose them.

I'm so sorry for all the questions, I just really want to get this right. Thank you in advance!
I'll help with a few:

- Everything has to be send as one application package.
- Yes, you can submit the FBI cert later. Better to do up front if you have it. But later is fine.
- Yes, photocopies of cards and photos are fine. Evidence isn't always returned.
- Yes, all of the evidence you've mentioned sounds good.

graham_crackers

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Doc's Request.
02-02-2017|21-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Interview........
None Needed
Passport Req..
05-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :( we were really upset when we learned how long the FBI clearance takes but found where someone said we could send it later. Have you sent it yet? If not, I hope I saved you a little time!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
graham_crackers said:
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :( we were really upset when we learned how long the FBI clearance takes but found where someone said we could send it later. Have you sent it yet? If not, I hope I saved you a little time!
As an American citizen, you can apply for the FBI cert through an approved channeler. I believe it takes only a week or two.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
As an American citizen, you can apply for the FBI cert through an approved channeler. I believe it takes only a week or two.
I was going to make the same suggestion, but since the OP stated that they're "still waiting for it"...why incur the added expense of using a channeler now?

New fingerprints, plus channeler's fees, could be ~ $100.

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
Parry_k said:
Hello

I am going to Canada on study permit and then my husband (who is a PR) is going to file an Inland Spouse sponsorship for me along with an Open Work Permit application.
My doubt is that is there any chance of getting refusal for the Open Work permit in the sense that it may conflict with my Study permit?
My diploma is a part time program and as such it is quite less demanding compared to a full time program. So I do wish to join full time work while continuing the part time evening course.

Will my study permit get cancelled once I get the open work permit or can I retain both?

thanks in advance!
I guess they might not allow you to have 2 different VISA at the same time. But as a student you can work. You might not be eligible for the full time job though.

jul2014

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Somehow medical result is valid until 4th Apr 2017
Interview........
NA, BGC - 6th Dec, Decision made - 7th Dec
Passport Req..
11-12-2016
Hi All,

My wife is 25th Feb 2016 applicant. NDVO send email today asking for additional documents.

Note ours is 2nd marriage and we did court marriage no religious ceremony with large family gathering. However we had reception.

Below is email snippet:

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following information and documents:

Please clarify when and where was the actual wedding ceremony held; if there was a religious wedding ceremony or a civil marriage or both. Please provide details on date, location, number of attendees at the wedding. Who all were present for the wedding; if your sponsor’s family members / relatives and your family members attended and if not, why not. How many guests were present during the wedding. Specify what religion you and your sponsor belong to, if any.
Please provide additional photographs of the actual religious / civil wedding ceremony; of rituals like circulation around the holy fire / photographs of the civil wedding.

NOTE: Please be advised that CDs and photocopies are not acceptable.

The requested document must be mailed to us within 30 days of the date of this mail. Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below

Please share your experience, views and opinions.

Thanks...

jryan

Sep 19, 2016
hey guys...i just received my letter from immigration saying i have met the requirements as a sponsor. i was wondering how do i link my application to my cic account? everytime i try to do it it says application not found but i have typed in the UCI, the application number, even my passport number. can anyone help me with this?

thanks!

icy116

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016
Passport Req..
07-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
nekeol said:
yes but it will be useless, read VO instructions at PP request, they have clear mentioned regarding your trips or visits to postpone till your visa is issued
I read it thrice. No mention regarding trips or visits. :'(

alb01

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016 AOR 2: May 13,2016
Med's Done....
January 15,2016
Interview........
Sept. 13.2016
hey guys how long does it take to receive an answer after the interview is done?
The officer told me couple of weeks
but its 5 weeks now and no news

diding

Oct 14, 2016
Hi everyone, my first time to post here about Family Class Sponsorship.
I really have a "somewhat" complicated case here. I am a legal resident in USA with extension visa until September 2017. I got divorced with my American Ex-husband and now I just got married with my childhood love. Hes a Canadian Citizen and now active in the Canadian Arm Forces. We have been gathering all the requirements needed for family class and the only thing I am missing is my Police Clearance and Medical. I didn't know that FBI will be taking 9-12wks to process a background check, so my questions here are; 1) Can we send our application now and just send the police clearance to follow? 2) Do I have to do my medical first before sending the application? 3) Do they give priority process to those in active Canadian Arm Forces?
Thank you all for all your answers!! ;)[/b]

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
alb01 said:
hey guys how long does it take to receive an answer after the interview is done?
The officer told me couple of weeks
but its 5 weeks now and no news
There's no standard processing time. It can take anywhere from a few days to several months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
diding said:
Hi everyone, my first time to post here about Family Class Sponsorship.
I really have a "somewhat" complicated case here. I am a legal resident in USA with extension visa until September 2017. I got divorced with my American Ex-husband and now I just got married with my childhood love. Hes a Canadian Citizen and now active in the Canadian Arm Forces. We have been gathering all the requirements needed for family class and the only thing I am missing is my Police Clearance and Medical. I didn't know that FBI will be taking 9-12wks to process a background check, so my questions here are; 1) Can we send our application now and just send the police clearance to follow? 2) Do I have to do my medical first before sending the application? 3) Do they give priority process to those in active Canadian Arm Forces?
Thank you all for all your answers!! ;)[/b]
1) You can send the application without the FBI cert and include a note stating you'll provide it later.
2) Do the medical before you send the application.
3) No preference.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Re: IMM 5490, Question #11.

Would it make sense to have a separate sheet and add more names or filling out the rows available on the form itself is good enough?

Replies will be much appreciated :)