+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

qikques

Aug 7, 2016
Man, how long does it take to be able to link the application? I sent mine in the second week of September but I've heard nothing back. Makes me anxious :(

mmarkovs

Aug 24, 2015
Hi all,

My wife got passport request. However, trying to decide whether to send to Vienna or to send to Canada office. This is from the letter i received:

E. Report Back to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (CPC-O)
This option is only available to you if you and all of you accompanying dependents are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months with access to a Canadian residential address. Please follow these additional procedures:

a) First, you need to inform the Canadian Embassy in Vienna that you intend to submit your passport to the CPC-O. If you are required to pay the RPRF and haven’t done so already, you must provide the Canadian Embassy in Vienna a copy of your receipt before sending your passport to the CPC-O.

b) Add two passport-sized photos of yourself and any accompanying family member as per instructions at point “C” above.

c) Purchase a pre-paid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post (Regional type if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National type for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet or purchase a label online at http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field. Make a note of tracking numbers to monitor your envelope.

d) You are required to send your passport together along with a copy of the first page of this letter by mail or courier and all relevant document to one of the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1
Canada

My wife and I will be in Canada so is this a better option? When the say "you need to inform the Canadian Embassy in Vienna that you intend to submit your passport to the CPC-O", what does this mean? How do i notify them? Do i send an email?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

muh_elsayed

Jun 16, 2016
Hi,
I applied in 30/6/2016 to Sponsor my wife, I got an email requesting a proof of intent to return to Canada, Police clearance, 2 photos and Passport, VO: Cairo - Egypt.

regarding intent to return to Canada, I provided the following:
1. Opened bank account
2. Show that I have enough money to live with my family for one year
3. flat, jobs, medical insurance, shipping searches and communication
4. My B.Sc. degree accredited by WES (World Education Services)
5. My plan till travel
6. My plan after reaching Canada
7. Why I want to go to Canada

Do you thinks this is enough?
Is the request of photos and passport is a good sign?

Thanks

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
muh_elsayed said:
Hi,
I applied in 30/6/2016 to Sponsor my wife, I got an email requesting a proof of intent to return to Canada, Police clearance, 2 photos and Passport, VO: Cairo - Egypt.

regarding intent to return to Canada, I provided the following:
1. Opened bank account
2. Show that I have enough money to live with my family for one year
3. flat, jobs, medical insurance, shipping searches and communication
4. My B.Sc. degree accredited by WES (World Education Services)
5. My plan till travel
6. My plan after reaching Canada
7. Why I want to go to Canada

Do you thinks this is enough?
Is the request of photos and passport is a good sign?

Thanks
Yes, that's an excellent sign.
And IMHO, the proofs you provided seem largely sufficient. A friend of mine was accepted only by providing a letter of intent (explaining why he wants to go/come back to Canada), a proof of an opened bank account, and a couple of communications with a headhunter.

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi,

I am in the middle of gathering all the documents for Family Class Sponsorship Visa, outside of Canada. I am in Canada now on a work visa and will stay here during the process, my question is can I write my residential address as "the same as mailing address", which is our address here in Canada, or shall I write my address in my home country?

Cheers!
Annie

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Annjo89 said:
Hi,

I am in the middle of gathering all the documents for Family Class Sponsorship Visa, outside of Canada. I am in Canada now on a work visa and will stay here during the process, my question is can I write my residential address as "the same as mailing address", which is our address here in Canada, or shall I write my address in my home country?

Cheers!
Annie
you can write you canadian address for both. there is nothing wrong with this.

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hello,

Do I need a police certificate and a medical requirements when I apply for Sponsorship Visa?
I read I don't need a police certificate when I apply for Permanent Residence.
Did you have a police certificate when you applied? And medical requirements?

Thank yoU!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Annjo89 said:
Hello,

Do I need a police certificate and a medical requirements when I apply for Sponsorship Visa?
I read I don't need a police certificate when I apply for Permanent Residence.
Did you have a police certificate when you applied? And medical requirements?

Thank yoU!
Yes...you will need a medical exam from a CIC approved Panel Physician, as well as a PCC from each country where you have lived for 6 months, or more, since age 18.

Some Inland applicants choose not to have the medical until CIC requests it, since it isn't really required until the second stage of processing (same for the PCC), but Outland applicant's risk having their application returned if these are not provided with the application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Annjo89 said:
When applying for Sponsorship Visa (Common-law) outland, is there any way I can work during the process?

Thanks!
1. Find an employer that is willing to complete the LMIA process to hire you, which is not likely in most cases.

2. Find a way to work remotely (via the internet) for a company or individual that is outside of Canada. This would not require you to have a work permit.

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
Our application just changed yesterday to, decision: application has been approved
Our account is linked to cic so will we get our letter by email and how long does it take?
What happens next after the application has been approved?
How long before he can move h Canada?
What will they send him to bring with him to Canada so they know that he has been approved?
Want to book him a flight to Canada right away but not sure what it is that we are waiting for now after he was approved.
Sorry for so many questions but just don't know what happens next.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
PandaChan said:
Our application just changed yesterday to, decision: application has been approved
Our account is linked to cic so will we get our letter by email and how long does it take?
What happens next after the application has been approved?
How long before he can move h Canada?
What will they send him to bring with him to Canada so they know that he has been approved?
Want to book him a flight to Canada right away but not sure what it is that we are waiting for now after he was approved.
Sorry for so many questions but just don't know what happens next.
If applicant is from visa-exempt country, then COPR will be mailed out to the mailing address. Watch out for it, and if it takes too long, you need to chase CIC down. It could be lost because it is not sent by courier, just regular mail in many countries. (Yes, some places send them out by courier, but HK, Taiwan and perhaps quite a few other places get it via regular mail). Time to arrive varies. I would say if applicant does not get in by 1 month, something is wrong.

If visa is required, VO will ask for passport. Some countries ask for passport upfront. If not, passport gets sent in, then have to wait for it to come back.

Assuming the 1st case, once COPR comes, check if everything is ok (name, date of birth, passport number, accompanying dependents list if there are dependants coming along, etc.). If everything is ok, then applicant is good to go. Have to land before COPR expiry, which would be 12 months from the date of the medical report.

Then prepare for the trip. If bringing in goods which do not follow the trip (like in cargo later), applicant will need to fill out B4 form and get border officer to stamp it during landing. Must do this or else the goods may incur import duties. Some say goods which accompany the applicant also needs B4. In our case, didn't care at all. Only thing was that the jewelry (of course we did not have jewelry sent via cargo boxes) did not have official appraisal. Border officer made some confusing comments saying the B4 is useless. What she meant was that we can bring the things in, but if we bring them out again, they may not be able to come in again without being taxed.

That's it.

xtreemboarder

Jul 2, 2015
Hey guys,

quick question regarding form IMM1344E.

To briefly explain my situation; I moved to Israel a little over a year ago to live with my partner after being in a long distance relationship for about a year. Upon arrival we submitted a request to get a work permit for myself while living in Israel. A year later it is still being processed and we don't care to wait any longer.

In filing out IMM1344E there is a question that states "Are you a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada?" Seems to me that I should put yes, even though I am still the owner of the property I used to live in I am not "maintaining" (sister will be living there permanently) it and only maintain one residence which is in Israel. I have been living in Israel on a tourist visa. I'm going by whatever I can find on this question including the IP2 manual section 13.2

Any insight?

Thank you

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
cheng9999 said:
If applicant is from visa-exempt country, then COPR will be mailed out to the mailing address. Watch out for it, and if it takes too long, you need to chase CIC down. It could be lost because it is not sent by courier, just regular mail in many countries. (Yes, some places send them out by courier, but HK, Taiwan and perhaps quite a few other places get it via regular mail). Time to arrive varies. I would say if applicant does not get in by 1 month, something is wrong.

If visa is required, VO will ask for passport. Some countries ask for passport upfront. If not, passport gets sent in, then have to wait for it to come back.

Assuming the 1st case, once COPR comes, check if everything is ok (name, date of birth, passport number, accompanying dependents list if there are dependants coming along, etc.). If everything is ok, then applicant is good to go. Have to land before COPR expiry, which would be 12 months from the date of the medical report.

Then prepare for the trip. If bringing in goods which do not follow the trip (like in cargo later), applicant will need to fill out B4 form and get border officer to stamp it during landing. Must do this or else the goods may incur import duties. Some say goods which accompany the applicant also needs B4. In our case, didn't care at all. Only thing was that the jewelry (of course we did not have jewelry sent via cargo boxes) did not have official appraisal. Border officer made some confusing comments saying the B4 is useless. What she meant was that we can bring the things in, but if we bring them out again, they may not be able to come in again without being taxed.

That's it.
Oh wow, was not aware it could take that long. Would we be able to change the mailing address to have it mailed to my address here in Canada so my husband could move here and wait for it with me?