VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Spousal pr request from cpc cdc

Samzzk said:
So my husband received an email from cpc ottawa for change in status from single to married and also received his medical exam letter.
This thread is for Canadian citizens/PRs sponsoring their spouses. Post your query in the EE or PNP section of the forum.

r2rlanes said:
Hi, as you suggested we are paying $490CAD for RPRF, I just wanna ask where am I gonna send the $490 receipt? Should I send it to through postal mail like the application or email? Thank you for helping us out. :) :) :)

...no good news yet, sill waiting for CIC's update, SA please come in...:)
Mail a copy to Mississauga and once your app is transferred to Manila, send a CSE with a copy.

RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

r2rlanes

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
20-09-2016 AOR2 ..........: 20-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront | Passed
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
23-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-04-2017
Re: Spousal pr request from cpc cdc

canuck_in_uk said:
Mail a copy to Mississauga and once your app is transferred to Manila, send a CSE with a copy.

RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
Thanks a lot, big big help!:) :D :D :D

Chachatsina

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 28, 2017
AOR Received.
Application received: February 10, 2017 AOR 1: March 4, 2017. SA received: March 13, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront medical done November 17, 2016
Hi im currently working here in singapore im ending my contract until february 2016. is it better to start my spousal application here in Singapore or in Philippines?

-Also someone advise me to do upfront medical together with my appliction before i pass it. I hope someone can help me here. Thankyou

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
you are worrying over something that isn't an issue.

whether he changes his address with CIC for his application has nothing to do with his entry into canada and is not your issue. one thing has nothing to do with the other. CBSA isn't going to know he changed his address with CIC and they aren't going to care. if they find out by some miracle, then all he has to say is, he is planning to visit you while the application processes and wants to be sure he doesn't miss any letters from CIC. it's not even going to come up, because CBSA isn't going to care about the details of his application. All CBSA cares about is if he is following the rules. The fact he has submitted a PR application shows them he is.

he is going to be asked the standard questions everyone else is asked. if he gives the primary officer a reason for him to need further investigation, he will be sent into secondary. all he has to say when entering is "i'm here to visit my wife. my application for PR is submitted." generally he's not going to be sent into secondary unless he sounds or looks like he's doing something wrong. visiting his wife while his application processes is not wrong. leaving your apt behind and trying to enter canada with all your worldly posessions is probably going to be suspicious.

your issue is whether he looks and acts like a visitor or acts like someone who is moving before they are allowed to. since he's visiting, he should be able to maintain some ties to the us when visiting canada, no? what was he planning to do with his apartment and belongings? when someone goes on a trip, they typically don't give up their apt and belongings, right? just because he wants to stay for longer, doesn't mean the same doesn't apply. yes, if he gave that up and tried to cross the border with all his belongings, that would probably lead to an issue. that's not visiting, that is moving. so, he can certainly keep his stuff in tennessee, come visit you, get approved, then go back to "pack up".

unless he gives CBSA a reason to be suspicious, a majority of people breeze through the border. he needs to be prepared. that is all. being prepared means being able to show ties to the us, proof of his application and knowing not to say "moving" or "living", and not showing up with all his belongings. if he plans to give up his apartment while he's visiting you, it's best for him to do that after he's already gotten to canada. it's not recommended to get rid of anything before being approved as pr. there is no reason he can't visit, unless the "all or nothing" scenario suggested is financially motivated.

be prepared, know what to say and act as a visitor. there is absolutely no issue and a very slim to no chance he will face issue at the border.
I'm a pretty big worrywart, I apologize, lol.
Yeah, the reason he'd have to give up his apartment is because we would not be able to keep paying the rent with him not living there and working. Most of his belongings he is leaving behind anyways since he doesn't need most of it, so we aren't worried about that looking suspicious. :)
And definitely would just say visiting wife and have a copy of the application proof.

We will figure this all out when he is here visiting next week, but I thank you very much for all this information! And your patience!

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
Chachatsina said:
Hi im currently working here in singapore im ending my contract until february 2016. is it better to start my spousal application here in Singapore or in Philippines?

-Also someone advise me to do upfront medical together with my appliction before i pass it. I hope someone can help me here. Thankyou
It doesn't matter where you start your application, it still gets sent to the same place for initial processing. However, you must alert CIC of any change of address so the ball's in your court really.

As for your medical, it must be done up front.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PandaChan said:
Yeah, the reason he'd have to give up his apartment is because we would not be able to keep paying the rent with him not living there and working. Most of his belongings he is leaving behind anyways since he doesn't need most of it, so we aren't worried about that looking suspicious. :)
And definitely would just say visiting wife and have a copy of the application proof.
He'll be fine. CBSA is very lenient with those who have applied for sponsorship because they know that the person is following the rules to live in Canada legally.

mann0001

Oct 5, 2016
wrong DOB in MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY form (IMM1017 E)

I have received the MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY form (IMM1017 E) for medical. but unfortunately, there is mistake in DOB. What should I do. As I am not able to contact with CIC directly. Should I fix the appointment with Doctor with the same medical form???
DR. is required to fill two things one is about the health issues second is about the identity concerns.

Is it Dr. right to comment regarding the identity issues to CIC. Or there is second way to contact with CIC and ask them for corrected MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY form.

Please suggest me
Thank you in advance.

waiting for the response.

RJ1990

Oct 3, 2016
United States
Processing time of Spousal sponsorship (OUTLAND)

My husband and I are currently living in the US and we would like to move to Canada eventually (within 2-3 years).
My husband will be applying for outland spouse sponsorship.

I have checked CIC website for processing time and it says it will take 14 months to process.
As I was reading through this forum, I have noticed that some people have got their spouse sponsorship approved within 1-2 months.
I was wondering if my husband should only apply for the sponsorship, when we are actually ready to move back to Canada?

Thanks!

r2rlanes

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
20-09-2016 AOR2 ..........: 20-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront | Passed
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
23-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-04-2017
Good day everyone, Did anyone in here received a refund letter 2 times from CIC? On September 23rd we received $75CAD refund letter and now that I thought its our SA, unfortunately not, I again received the same email indicating of our $75CAD refund. Is it really normal or there's another agent handling our application? Any idea anyone? Thanks in advance! :D :-X

Can't wait to see an update with our application. Good luck everyone. :) :) :)

bilabongster

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

There is little chance of an outland app being processed through Sydney (the NZ visa office), especially if she is not even in NZ when she applies. The app will most lily be sent to NDVO.

It is not advised to apply inland when a person needs to leave Canada during the process.
Thanks, but she would be going to NZ for a couple months during the process. I really do not understand why the application would go to NDVO. We would provide her residence address as a NZ address. She's been there for more than 3 years now. Application going to NDVO does not also makes sense. Outland applications for NZ are much faster than India and thats why I need to apply through NZ

tariq11

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26 Oct-15
Med's Done....
04 Nov-15
Hello

I am not sure if some came across this kind of situation. I have applied for my wife and child who resides in India and I m PR working full time. After a month completion I have received a letter from CIC o refund $415.00 NO reason mentioned

I will appreciate if people can share some view, originally i paid $1115.00 and refund of $415 doesn't make sense to me .

Please help

Thank you!!

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Hello,

For the principle applicant, on IMM 5669, question 5 wants the family name of the applicant's mother "at birth". And in other places, for example, in IMM 5406, it doesn't specify whether they want her name at birth or after she got married.

I assume that since 5669 specifies last name at birth, it should be her last name before she got married but on 5406, where it doesnt specify anything, the last name should be her current last name (after getting married) but can someone please shed some light on this?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
married_ind said:
Hello,

For the principle applicant, on IMM 5669, question 5 wants the family name of the applicant's mother "at birth". And in other places, for example, in IMM 5406, it doesn't specify whether they want her name at birth or after she got married.

I assume that since 5669 specifies last name at birth, it should be her last name before she got married but on 5406, where it doesnt specify anything, the last name should be her current last name (after getting married) but can someone please shed some light on this?
It meant the mother's "maiden" name, which is her last name before she got married and took up her husband's last name. In North America, it is very common for wive's to take up their husband's name, while my experience in the rest of the world is that many countries do not bother. As such, it is perceived to be a secret in North American culture, and besides information collection and documentation purposes, it is actually used as a security question. For example, it is assumed that very few people would know your mother's maiden name, and that's a very typical question being asked when a person calls government agencies, and is asked some questions to confirm who he or she is.

For the rest of the forms where mother's name needs to be provided, it would be the "current" legal name, which would be typically the same as on her passport. If the mother has changed her last name, and is now legally using that name, yeah.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tariq11 said:
I will appreciate if people can share some view, originally i paid $1115.00 and refund of $415 doesn't make sense to me .
Your PR fees should have been:

Sponsorship application $75
Principal applicant fee $475
Dependent fee $150
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490

Total $1190

You paid something wrong. They refunded the incorrect $415 and retained $700 for the first 3 fees. You still need to pay $490 for the RPRF; I suggest you pay it now to avoid any delays.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
tariq11 said:
Hello

I am not sure if some came across this kind of situation. I have applied for my wife and child who resides in India and I m PR working full time. After a month completion I have received a letter from CIC o refund $415.00 NO reason mentioned

Please help

Thank you!!
Please check my response on the other thread.