Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Re: Spousal sponsorship processing time (Outland)

RJ1990 said:
Thanks for the response but I'm very confused at the same time.
Would you be able to explain why I my application will be processed in Manila?
Thanks!
Manila is the office responsible for Japanese citizens.

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hello guys,

I am a PR and my GF's(who is in india) vistor visa (TRV) is being processed by my sister(citizen).
we are getting married after 6 months in India.

If her visitor visa got rejected, will it be a bad impact on her spousal sponsorship after our marriage.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Saby

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
satbsi said:
Hello guys,

I am a PR and my GF's(who is in india) vistor visa (TRV) is being processed by my sister(citizen).
we are getting married after 6 months in India.

If her visitor visa got rejected, will it be a bad impact on her spousal sponsorship after our marriage.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Saby
NO

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Spousal sponsorship processing time (Outland)

RJ1990 said:
Thanks for the response but I'm very confused at the same time.
Would you be able to explain why I my application will be processed in Manila?
Thanks!
IRCC can choose between the VO of nationality or the VO of residency. The vast majority of the time, they choose the VO of nationality. There is a small chance it will go to Ottawa but most likely, it will be Manila.

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
BonManush said:
Thanks. Can you please expalin a bit! I m confused here.
Also can you please advise what is the probability of getting visitor visa for her?
She is having job back there in india!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
satbsi said:
Thanks. Can you please expalin a bit! I m confused here.
Also can you please advise what is the probability of getting visitor visa for her?
She is having job back there in india!!
A TRV refusal would not effect the PR app. There's not really anything else that can be explained about it...

Chances are low. She has a PR spouse in Canada and wants to immigrate, so she is a high risk to overstay.

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
So my husband received an email from cpc ottawa for change in status from single to married and also received his medical exam letter.

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:

Along with a list of forms and details.
Now my question is:

1. Since my husband has got his medical request letter from cic and is about to undergo his medical exam in two days, when we submit my pr details online how long will it take for me to receive my pr??

2. We were thinking about applying for a spousal open work permit aswell but since we have been asked to email all the spousal pr details to an email address of cpc cdc ottawa ,how do we submit our sowp application? Should we send along with the spousal pr file or should we apply separately online?

Many thanks.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Samzzk said:
So my husband received an email from cpc ottawa for change in status from single to married and also received his medical exam letter.
As you've been told before, you are posting in the wrong section of the forum. This section is for Canadian citizens/PRs sponsoring family members. Post in the PNP or EE sections of the forum.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
taniam00 said:
does anyone know is the background check handled by the VO or CIC?

what are the things that are being checked in background check? is travel checked? how long has this part of the process taken for some of you?
The vo and cic are the same but I think the check is done initially with CSIS and then your home country if they have more questions.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
In CSE in Enquirer Information i made mistake and put sponsor instead of aplicant.Its not gonna be problem to do another with corect information? Thanks

gary3537

Oct 7, 2016
hello! here`s my situation! i am a canadien citizen (born in Canada) i now live in Greece with my wife. We were married july 2014. my wife is russian, has a russian passport. she also has a permanet visa for greece (shengen) as my wife! i own a small business here in greece and due to the economic situation we are planing to move to canada where i have many close good relatives. Because the sponsoring application takes much time i was thinking to go to canada (toronto) with a tourist visa for my wife probably 6 months and as soon as possible apply for sponsoring and permanent visa for my wife. will i be able to get an extension for a decision waiting? is this possible? or am i in the wrong path? i am also planing to go to canada for 15 days end of october to take care about my drivers license and look for housing. i will be working for uber. thank you in advance.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Sous02 said:
The vo and cic are the same but I think the check is done initially with CSIS and then your home country if they have more questions.
who is the csis? what does that stand for?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Security_Intelligence_Service

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS, /ˈsiːsɪs/; French: Service canadien du renseignement de sécurité, SCRS) is Canada's primary national intelligence service. It is responsible for collecting, analyzing, reporting and disseminating intelligence on threats to Canada's national security, and conducting operations, covert and overt, within Canada and abroad.[3] It also reports to and advises the government of Canada on national security issues and situations that threaten the security of the nation.

Its headquarters is located in Ottawa, Ontario, in a purpose-built facility completed in 1995.[4] CSIS is responsible to Parliament through the Minister of Public Safety, but is also overseen by the Federal Court and the Security Intelligence Review Committee.[5]

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
gary3537 said:
hello! here`s my situation! i am a canadien citizen (born in Canada) i now live in Greece with my wife. We were married july 2014. my wife is russian, has a russian passport. she also has a permanet visa for greece (shengen) as my wife! i own a small business here in greece and due to the economic situation we are planing to move to canada where i have many close good relatives. Because the sponsoring application takes much time i was thinking to go to canada (toronto) with a tourist visa for my wife probably 6 months and as soon as possible apply for sponsoring and permanent visa for my wife. will i be able to get an extension for a decision waiting? is this possible? or am i in the wrong path? i am also planing to go to canada for 15 days end of october to take care about my drivers license and look for housing. i will be working for uber. thank you in advance.
My own personal opinion, so may have different suggestions from other people.

Apply for tourist visa for your wife while you still have ties to Greece (your business, home, friends, etc.). You will have to demonstrate that in order to get the visitor visa anyway. After that's approved, apply for PR via OUTLAND package, and submit it. Then make your "visit" with 2-way return ticket. Ideally both of you, but at least your wife should have 2-way return ticket. Heck, 2-way tickets are usually cheaper than 1-way anyway. This is to make it credible that the intention is for you and/or your wife to return to Greece, and the visit is a vacation. If not, there is a chance that border officer will not let your wife enter even if she has a valid visitor visa.

After you arrive, extend your wife's visitor visa before it expires, so she would not have to leave and continue to stay in Canada legally. By this time, your spousal sponsorship would have been approved, making your reason to wait out the rest of the spousal sponsorship more logical and reasonable.

As for your sponsorship package, you as a Canadian citizen can sponsor her while you are not living in Canada. But you will need a very detailed plan to show CIC about your intention and plan to move back to Canada with her, for example, say you will be selling/closing your business, have a home already, bank accounts set up, etc., to satisfy CIC that you will actually be moving back.

If you have a straightforward marriage without any red flags, it is very likely there will be no interviews so staying in Canada while waiting this out should not cause any problems. It looks like most cases get approved in 10 (for Greeks) or 11 months (Russian nationals) from CIC latest update. Should your documents be complete and submitted upfront, it could be faster than that. Make sure you get all the required documents ready, including police reports from all the places she has lived continuously for more than 6 months, as once you head over to Canada, it may be very difficult to get them, even through the local consulates/embassies.

If your wife needs to work fairly soon and cannot wait the 9-10 months for PR, there is the INLAND option. Do read up on the issues regarding that route, as there are risks involved. It looks like for INLAND, getting approval in principal and the work permit can be a few months, but the whole PR can take almost 2 years, if not longer. Again, do read up on the details so you can make a proper decision.

Anyway, I would believe your first step in getting the visitor visa is still the same regardless of INLAND or OUTLAND. Get it before you make any PR application, as the visa may be denied because CIC would think the intention is to go to Canada and not leave.

Best of luck.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
prvc said:
Question regarding the SPONSORED SPOUSE/PARTNER QUESTIONNAIRE.

Under the First Meeting question, numbers 4 and 5 pertain to gift giving. Does it only ask whether we have given each other gifts during the first meeting only? My first understanding was that if gift giving happened all throughout the relationship, but then my hubby told me it only asks about the first ever meeting.

Thanks for the help.
You answered your own question: Under the FIRST MEETING section. So it refers to the first meeting.