Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
r2rlanes said:
what does it mean when you received an application number? Does it mean the application has been checked, complete and waiting for approval? Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thank you so much and good luck to all applicants. :) :) :)
if you received your application number on your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) from CIC, generally that means your application has been been deemed complete by cic. If you are applying outland, then the sponsor's application will be reviewed for approval next. once sponsor approval is confirmed, the applicant's application will be sent to the visa office and wait in queue for processing.

r2rlanes

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
20-09-2016 AOR2 ..........: 20-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront | Passed
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
23-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-04-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
if you received your application number on your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) from CIC, generally that means your application has been been deemed complete by cic. If you are applying outland, then the sponsor's application will be reviewed for approval next. once sponsor approval is confirmed, the applicant's application will be sent to the visa office and wait in queue for processing.
;D Thank you so much CDNPR2014 for that great information. you made me feel good as I am a little nervous with our application, with this, I will be waiting for CIC about the next step to do. Again, thank you and good luck everyone.

scooby707

Nov 20, 2014
Hai everyone ..
I applied for sponsoring my wife from india through family sponsorship on august 9th. Sponsorship eligibility came and her application is been sent to India and she got a confirmation email from delhi, india that they recieved it. How long it is gonna take from now? I know it is 19 months as per the cic website. But i heard some got approval in 3.5 months. Anyone have any information about quick approval for spouse sponsorship? or is that just a rumour? because i see som news in cic website about quick processing of spousal sponsorship...Please reply..thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
scooby707 said:
Hai everyone ..
I applied for sponsoring my wife from india through family sponsorship on august 9th. Sponsorship eligibility came and her application is been sent to India and she got a confirmation email from delhi, india that they recieved it. How long it is gonna take from now? I know it is 19 months as per the cic website. But i heard some got approval in 3.5 months. Anyone have any information about quick approval for spouse sponsorship? or is that just a rumour? because i see som news in cic website about quick processing of spousal sponsorship...Please reply..thanks
3.5 months is generally for application sent to the ottawa visa office. to find out what the trends are for New Delhi, then you will want to find the thread specific to that visa office and ask there.

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
Hi seniors,

I have one inquiry for those that will be sending passport to nearest VAC, for this case the person who was requested reside in a country(DOHA) other than country of birth(MANILA). The paper processed in MANILA,here's the catch, the nearest VAC is also in DOHA but the embassy where they will send the passport will be in Abu Dhabi and not the Manila where the embassy that process the PR.Is it right to follow email since as per email nearest VAC is Qatar? Or send in Manila VAC( miles far away from the PR residence).

Will it affect the application processing time?

TIA

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
scooby707 said:
Hai everyone ..
Quick processing isn't unheard of though very rare. There were several Bangladeshi applicants processed through Singapore (one of the toughest/longest processing VOs) who were processed within 3 months in the past 12 months. I wouldn't be surprised if NDVO has had same results. But that isn't the norm and shouldn't be the expectation. General statistics is anywhere between 6-12 months for straightforward cases. Every case is different and handled as such.

Andre_Beth

May 1, 2016
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2017
AOR Received.
27-09-2016; AOR2 04-11-2016
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
May 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Thank you for posting that information!

polaris1

Sep 8, 2016
podaSK said:
On MyCIC, the "Review of medical results" line changed from "Passed" to "Review in Progress" This was shortly after received AOR2. Is this something I should be concerned about?
hi i try to link my application to mycic to get the very detailed status of my application ...but still im not able to do it right can someone enlighten me pls...oct 2015 applicant here ...and no gud news yet

haelim75

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
25-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Hmmm.. since no one answered my questions I posted earlier, I am re-posting it hoping someone can help me. Please and thank you!

haelim75 said:
Hello all,

Hope someone can answer my question:
I (PR) am gathering documents to sponsor my husband in-land. We've been together for 4 years and lived together for over 2.5years (since Dec 2013). We recently got married in Canada in June, 2016. Should we mention on the applications that we were previously in a common-law relationship with each other? But no longer in common-law relationship due to marriage?

Many thanks in advance! :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
haelim75 said:
I (PR) am gathering documents to sponsor my husband in-land. We've been together for 4 years and lived together for over 2.5years (since Dec 2013). We recently got married in Canada in June, 2016. Should we mention on the applications that we were previously in a common-law relationship with each other? But no longer in common-law relationship due to marriage?
No, you don't need to mention that.

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
Help help help

Hi everyone
Yesterday cic send me my file and attach
A latter your representative is not authorised in Canada
Apply without representative or appoint authorised representative
Now please tell me can I send this file to without representative?
Can I removed both of representative form from my file ?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Lookfast said:
Help help help

Hi everyone
Yesterday cic send me my file and attach
A latter your representative is not authorised in Canada
Apply without representative or appoint authorised representative
Now please tell me can I send this file to without representative?
Can I removed both of representative form from my file ?
in order to remove the old representative form, you need to fill out a new one, and remove them as your representative. you can send it by using the instructions provided in the letter or by sending a case specific inquiry on the cic website.

Gvince

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sidney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2015
Doc's Request.
20-03-2016
Med's Done....
March 4
Passport Req..
Waiting
Anyone added spouse after applyung to ircc? I am gettin married in oct. What kind of document i need to prepare ? She works in saudi and i am from india? Plz advice. How to a7dd her to my application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Gvince said:
Anyone added spouse after applyung to ircc? I am gettin married in oct. What kind of document i need to prepare ? She works in saudi and i am from india? Plz advice. How to a7dd her to my application?
This thread is for Canadian citizens/PRs sponsoring their spouses. Post your query on the PNP or EE section of the forum.