+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys... Just a small question... When does the medical results are assessed of shows as passed..Huh Is it before transferring the file to NDVO or afterwords??? Any idea???

Valkriz

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2016 (second medicals)
Med's Done....
Upfront, second medicals 11-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
31-08-2016
Just wanted to share with everyone that my husband received his passport request this morning!! We are so happy and it's so surreal! We have been waiting since last year. He left March 19, 2015 under 1 yr exclusion order and we submitted our sponsorship app June 1, 2015.

We wish everyone the best and just don't give up!

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
Valkriz said:
Just wanted to share with everyone that my husband received his passport request this morning!! We are so happy and it's so surreal! We have been waiting since last year. He left March 19, 2015 under 1 yr exclusion order and we submitted our sponsorship app June 1, 2015.

Congratulations :D

Rashu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th June 2016
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approval : 23rd August 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 19th July 2016, AOR2: 24th August 2016
File Transfer...
23rd August 2016... 3rd line added on 24th August 2016
Med's Done....
4th June 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6th March 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th March 2017
Valkriz said:

Congratulations !!!

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hi, I am a Filipino workinf here in Singapore for a six-month contract til December 2016. My husband (sponsor) is a Canadian citizen and just got the job last August. We would like send our application soon. Is it fine if we apply if our condition are as follows:
- the sponsor is still on probationary at work. He was unemployed for 2 years before that.
- At the time of submission I am in Singapore but I worried once they investigate, I'd be back home coz my work contract ends in December.
- I haven't updated my passport with the new family name. (Is this urgent or I can do this once the sponsor is approved?

Thanks in advance

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
Avicon2016 said:
Hi, I am a Filipino workinf here in Singapore for a six-month contract til December 2016. My husband (sponsor) is a Canadian citizen and just got the job last August. We would like send our application soon. Is it fine if we apply if our condition are as follows:
- the sponsor is still on probationary at work. He was unemployed for 2 years before that.
- At the time of submission I am in Singapore but I worried once they investigate, I'd be back home coz my work contract ends in December.
- I haven't updated my passport with the new family name. (Is this urgent or I can do this once the sponsor is approved?

Thanks in advance
*ensure that he is not anymore under social welfare.
* get PCC before you left singapore.
* you can submit passport even if your surname hasnt change, but if you want to change your last name, you can change this before getting PCC, and apply for new passport while you are in SG. Ensure that all documents will have your name change for all of them.
* You can update CIC of your residence if you move out of singapore.
* I'm not sure if which visa office you will be transferred,SG or PH, incase just SG, (one of the lowest rating of approval for sponsorship as per this link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-approval-rates-in-2011-by-visa-office-t102205.0.html

In my own application: We are now on our 7th month, waiting for PPR soon. I did not change my passport last name and all id were established fairly, so there was no problem with using old last name. My significant half agreed that once I got my PR, we will file in Canada for change of last name. Also Im residing in Doha but no visa office for immigration for family, nearest was abu dhabi but Visa officer transferred our file in Manila Visa Office.

Enjoy tidying up your application :) God bless.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Engineered_by_God said:
*ensure that he is not anymore under social welfare.
* get PCC before you left singapore.
* you can submit passport even if your surname hasnt change, but if you want to change your last name, you can change this before getting PCC, and apply for new passport while you are in SG. Ensure that all documents will have your name change for all of them.
* You can update CIC of your residence if you move out of singapore.
* I'm not sure if which visa office you will be transferred,SG or PH, incase just SG, (one of the lowest rating of approval for sponsorship as per this link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-approval-rates-in-2011-by-visa-office-t102205.0.html

In my own application: We are now on our 7th month, waiting for PPR soon. I did not change my passport last name and all id were established fairly, so there was no problem with using old last name. My significant half agreed that once I got my PR, we will file in Canada for change of last name. Also Im residing in Doha but no visa office for immigration for family, nearest was abu dhabi but Visa officer transferred our file in Manila Visa Office.

Enjoy tidying up your application :) God bless.
Thanks for the prompt reply. If I wouldn't want my application to be processed in Singapore, is there any tip you can give me since I am just on contractual work here? Maybe have my medical done in the Philippines? Do I have the options where can they forward the paper?

Whats PCC?

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
Avicon2016 said:
Thanks for the prompt reply. If I wouldn't want my application to be processed in Singapore, is there any tip you can give me since I am just on contractual work here? Maybe have my medical done in the Philippines? Do I have the options where can they forward the paper?

Whats PCC?
I really have no idea how the visa officers handles each application but based on my circumstance, the email they sent for the sponsorship approval mentioned that my nationality was from Philippines as such, they will forward my papers to Manila Visa Office. Usually the medical is done upfront for spousal so where you are located at the time of application will be the best place to apply for it. PCC is, Police Clearance Certificate for your stay in singapore and the rest of countries that you stayed for more than 6 months for the last 10 years of your existence.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Engineered_by_God said:
I really have no idea how the visa officers handles each application but based on my circumstance, the email they sent for the sponsorship approval mentioned that my nationality was from Philippines as such, they will forward my papers to Manila Visa Office. Usually the medical is done upfront for spousal so where you are located at the time of application will be the best place to apply for it. PCC is, Police Clearance Certificate for your stay in singapore and the rest of countries that you stayed for more than 6 months for the last 10 years of your existence.
Super thank you. I actually prefer not to update my passport with my new family name while I am here in SG (or not at all till i arrive in Canada) So it's still fine to get PCC before leaving SG? I think I would do the same thing like you did - not update ID's til i get to Canada.

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
Avicon2016 said:
Super thank you. I actually prefer not to update my passport with my new family name while I am here in SG (or not at all till i arrive in Canada) So it's still fine to get PCC before leaving SG? I think I would do the same thing like you did - not update ID's til i get to Canada.
Super welcome. good thinking sister. :) It's kinda easier sissy if you change last name when you are in canada :)

Bluesky2016

Jul 4, 2016
OHIP

Hello All,

I just sent my spousal app. I have been Canada for four years and working as a part time professor at college. I have a question that is there any possibility to apply for OHIP by this situation? as I have work permit along with study permit so it has limited hours which means is not full time job. I wonder is there any possibility to have OHIP?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Re: OHIP

Bluesky2016 said:
Hello All,

I just sent my spousal app. I have been Canada for four years and working as a part time professor at college. I have a question that is there any possibility to apply for OHIP by this situation? as I have work permit along with study permit so it has limited hours which means is not full time job. I wonder is there any possibility to have OHIP?
it doesn't appear you are eligible with only part time work status or a study permit. the rules suggest you must be employed full time for at least 6 mo and there is no mention of international students being eligible at all.

If you applied inland, you'll become eligible once you receive AIP. If you applied outland, you'll be eligible when you land as a PR. It might be good to consider travel insurance to cover basics if there is concern about out of pocket costs.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx

Cheshire

Jun 15, 2016
IMM5540

Hi all! Thanks again, for amazing work you all doing here. I have quick question.
Seems like forgot to fill one form, IMM5540E. Stuck on a question 9
"Which Canadian visa office issued your immigrant visa or confirmation of permanent residence?"
In my confirmation of PR I have only number - 3712 and can't find anywhere online info about offices.
I landed in Toronto Pearson. Should i just write Toronto pearson? Thanks in advance!

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: IMM5540

Cheshire said:
Hi all! Thanks again, for amazing work you all doing here. I have quick question.
"Which Canadian visa office issued your immigrant visa or confirmation of permanent residence?"
In my confirmation of PR I have only number - 3712 and can't find anywhere online info about offices.
I landed in Toronto Pearson. Should i just write Toronto pearson? Thanks in advance!
Seriously !!!! you don't know what visa office processed your application and gave you confirmation of PR and Visa ?!!!!!!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Re: IMM5540

TANMEX said:
Seriously !!!! you don't know what visa office processed your application and gave you confirmation of PR and Visa ?!!!!!!
this is really not necessary. there are multiple reasons people don't have this information or perhaps they don't understand the question. one possible reason is the person was a minor when they landed and are not sure of the answer. also, if you haven't noticed in your own process, IQ tends to drop multiple points when filling out the forms due to stress, anxiety and the sheer confusion that is CIC.
how about providing a response that is useful instead of judgemental?

Cheshire said:
the canadian visa office is usually the country of citizenship of the applicant. so if you are from the UK, it would be London, if you're from France, it would be Paris, etc...