Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
I am compiling a bunch of additional proof of relationship to send to VO. After we sent our application, we had lots of events that I believe are very important in normal relationship - going on honeymoon, sponsor meeting PA family and friends, etc.
Is it a good idea to do this in order to strengthen our application and hopefully increase the chance of getting the application processed faster? If so, should I include a note explaining why we're sending additional proof?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
just a square said:
I am compiling a bunch of additional proof of relationship to send to VO. After we sent our application, we had lots of events that I believe are very important in normal relationship - going on honeymoon, sponsor meeting PA family and friends, etc.
Is it a good idea to do this in order to strengthen our application and hopefully increase the chance of getting the application processed faster? If so, should I include a note explaining why we're sending additional proof?
Lithuania is a visa exempt country which makes the burden of proof lower. I would only suggest you send more proofs if you feel uncomfortable with what you included in the app.

If you do decide to send more you don't need to explain why, just include a cover sheet explaining what you're sending.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
just a square said:
it's usually not advised to send additional information unless it is specifically requested by the visa office. however, there are many people who do this without issue or delay in the application. it's not going to "increase the chance of getting the application processed faster". there is nothing that gets applications processed quicker. if anything, it would prompt the interview to be waived. it may also do nothing.

if you want to send in additional proofs, then you can either send a case specific enquiry through the cic website or follow the directions found on the sponsor approval letter or AOR2 from the visa office (if one has been received) for sending things.

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
there is nothing that gets applications processed quicker. if anything, it would prompt the interview to be waived.
I understand that, however correct me if I'm wrong - wouldn't waiving the interview make the process one step shorter?
Based on what I've read of others' experiences, I am very likely to get the interview. Even though I'm not worried about it, I'd rather save officer's time and my costs of traveling.

ImABule said:
I would only suggest you send more proofs if you feel uncomfortable with what you included in the app.
I wouldn't say I feel uncomfortable, I feel like so much had happened in recent months that we weren't able to provide at the time of filing the application.

lakwachero

Aug 23, 2016
Hi All,

Here’s to hoping you all can help! I’m sponsoring my spouse (from Spain) who is on a temporary work VISA (expiring Sept 01st, 2016). We just got married here in Toronto (we’ve both been living together since July 1st in Toronto) and I’m applying to sponsor him before his temporary status expires as advised by the IRCC. The great thing also is that he is entitled to apply for the open work permit to continue working while he waits for his Permanent Residency to be approved.

As many of you know, who’s been through this gruelling process, it can be quite confusing. Oh man!

Could anyone one with lived experience or insight comment on the following:

1. In the form IMM 5708 to ‘extend my status’ on the section “DETAILS OF MY VISIT TO CANADA” – question 3 states ‘funds available for my stay (CAD)'
Does my husband need proof (like a bank draft)? Is there a specific amount that he should have in the bank that is standard or favourable?

2. In the Temporary Resident Permit (In Canada Applicant). It asks to fill up the document "Statutory Declaration of Common Law Relationship, IF APPLICABLE". We are married, we’re assuming this form doesn’t need to be filled out anymore?

3. I just want to be clear on the fees as well
From what I gathered the breakdown is as follows:
o Sponsor application: $475
o Principal application: $475
o Work permit: $155
o Open work permit: $100

Is there anything above and beyond the costs above?

Thanks so much. We super appreciate it.

L

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakwachero said:
Hi All,

Here’s to hoping you all can help! I’m sponsoring my spouse (from Spain) who is on a temporary work VISA (expiring Sept 01st, 2016). We just got married here in Toronto (we’ve both been living together since July 1st in Toronto) and I’m applying to sponsor him before his temporary status expires as advised by the IRCC. The great thing also is that he is entitled to apply for the open work permit to continue working while he waits for his Permanent Residency to be approved.

As many of you know, who’s been through this gruelling process, it can be quite confusing. Oh man!

1. In the form IMM 5708 to ‘extend my status’ on the section “DETAILS OF MY VISIT TO CANADA” – question 3 states ‘funds available for my stay (CAD)'
Does my husband need proof (like a bank draft)? Is there a specific amount that he should have in the bank that is standard or favourable?

2. In the Temporary Resident Permit (In Canada Applicant). It asks to fill up the document "Statutory Declaration of Common Law Relationship, IF APPLICABLE". We are married, we’re assuming this form doesn’t need to be filled out anymore?

L
I'm just passing through right now, but I'll offer some help:

1. If he submits an Inland application and the OWP, he really doesn't need to extend his visitor status as the OWP gives him `Implied Status' throughout the process. The caveat is that if there is an error on your part with the application (missing or outdated form(s), or missing signature(s), or incomplete payment for the OWP [ $255 total]), he could lose the Implied Status. Most people see faster processing times with an Outland application, which can be submitted from within Canada, but since he needs to continue working the Inland makes sense...I guess.

2. No. This is not needed for a married applicant.

3. Total is $1040 for the sponsorship and PR application, plus $255 ($155 for the OWP and $100 for the Holder Fee [price grab]):

$75 Fee for sponsor assessment
$475 Fee for PR applicant
$490 RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee)*

$255 OWP

Of this, the RPRF* can be deferred until it is requested by CIC, but may add to the overall processing time.

Good luck!

*EDIT*

If he holds an IEC or PGWP, he may not be able to continue working. He would need to wait until the OWP arrives (~4 months).

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
lakwachero said:
Hi All,

L
Hi

Apply to extend status as a visitor. TRP is for individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada. Your husband is Spanish and is visa exempt. He does not need a TRV. Just extend the stay as a visitor and send the OWP and PR app in. Extensions for exempt individuals with pending PR app is usually easily approved. You could include the receipt for the fees of the PR app to show intention to apply.

The fees

75 sponsor
475 applicant
490 RPRF
255 OWP
100 visitor extension

As mentioned above he won't need the visitor extension if you get the app submitted before his current permit expires

lakwachero

Aug 23, 2016
Ponga said:
I'm just passing through right now, but I'll offer some help:

1. If he submits an Inland application and the OWP, he really doesn't need to extend his visitor status as the OWP gives him `Implied Status' throughout the process. The caveat is that if there is an error on your part with the application (missing or outdated form(s), or missing signature(s), or incomplete payment for the OWP [ $255 total]), he could lose the Implied Status. Most people see faster processing times with an Outland application, which can be submitted from within Canada, but since he needs to continue working the Inland makes sense...I guess.

2. No. This is not needed for a married applicant.

3. Total is $1040 for the sponsorship and PR application, plus $255 ($155 for the OWP and $100 for the Holder Fee [price grab]):

$75 Fee for sponsor assessment
$475 Fee for PR applicant
$490 RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee)*

$255 OWP

Of this, the RPRF* can be deferred until it is requested by CIC, but may add to the overall processing time.

Good luck!

*EDIT*

If he holds an IEC or PGWP, he may not be able to continue working. He would need to wait until the OWP arrives (~4 months).
Thanks so much Ponga for the insight and help! We're so appreciative. Lastly, in the application 'Extend my stay' it ask for 'Available funds for my stay' – we just want to confirm if there a minimum amount for this? Are bank statements mandatory/helpful? We don't have much savings but we're both employed full-time. I'm just worried that'll be a deterrent if he only has $800 in his bank account. We just have enough money to pay for the application.

lakwachero

Aug 23, 2016
ImABule said:
Hi

Apply to extend status as a visitor. TRP is for individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada. Your husband is Spanish and is visa exempt. He does not need a TRV. Just extend the stay as a visitor and send the OWP and PR app in. Extensions for exempt individuals with pending PR app is usually easily approved. You could include the receipt for the fees of the PR app to show intention to apply.

The fees

75 sponsor
475 applicant
490 RPRF
255 OWP
100 visitor extension

As mentioned above he won't need the visitor extension if you get the app submitted before his current permit expires
Thanks so much ImABule that's so helpful :)

anurag1861

Aug 24, 2016
Hi Everyone,

A quick question.

I am getting married to my girlfriend who is a PR of Canada.

I am planning this way: Applying for a visitor visa after marriage and then after reaching Canada I'll apply for Open work Permit & PR (under in Canada Class).

Is this the right way?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
anurag1861 said:
I am planning this way: Applying for a visitor visa after marriage and then after reaching Canada I'll apply for Open work Permit & PR (under in Canada Class).

Is this the right way?
You can try for a TRV. However, most people are not approved for TRVs when they have a Canadian citizen/PR spouse living in Canada. There is a very good chance that you will have to file an outland application and wait in your home country.

Kara123

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hi we applied on July 11th and they started processing on July 28th,I was able to see my application as a sponsored person and it says they received it on July 11th and they also received my medical, in my wife's case it says that application in process,does it mean that we get SA soon? Because before I wasn't able to open my application. Please explain... Also anyone from the same dates that got their SA?
Thank you

Valkriz

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2016 (second medicals)
Med's Done....
Upfront, second medicals 11-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
31-08-2016
Hi everyone,

My husband completed his medicals upfront back in April 2015, he was under 1 yr exclusion order which expired this past March 19, 2016. They requested ARC back in Jan and just last month we received correspondence for a second medicals as well as a letter stating that he does not need ARC after all (which was really frustrating after having done the application). Anyways, they requested for his second medicals which he completed almost 2 weeks ago now, which they should have received by now. And from reading on here that once they ask for a second medical, the passport request is just around the corner. We checked our status and they have not added "medicals received" or anything similar, only since the first one he did upfront when we first applied. Should there be a second line appearing in the ecas for the second medicals? Or is it common or normal for them not to even write "second medicals" received since we already had one and it's just a request to update the expired one? We want the peace of mind knowing that if we should expect them to or not to update our status with the second medicals.

Thank you for any response! :)

anurag1861

Aug 24, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You can try for a TRV. However, most people are not approved for TRVs when they have a Canadian citizen/PR spouse living in Canada. There is a very good chance that you will have to file an outland application and wait in your home country.
Thank u so much for answering! So, can applying for TRV before wedding help anyway?

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Valkriz said:
Hi everyone,

My husband completed his medicals upfront back in April 2015, he was under 1 yr exclusion order which expired this past March 19, 2016. They requested ARC back in Jan and just last month we received correspondence for a second medicals as well as a letter stating that he does not need ARC after all (which was really frustrating after having done the application). Anyways, they requested for his second medicals which he completed almost 2 weeks ago now, which they should have received by now. And from reading on here that once they ask for a second medical, the passport request is just around the corner. We checked our status and they have not added "medicals received" or anything similar, only since the first one he did upfront when we first applied. Should there be a second line appearing in the ecas for the second medicals? Or is it common or normal for them not to even write "second medicals" received since we already had one and it's just a request to update the expired one? We want the peace of mind knowing that if we should expect them to or not to update our status with the second medicals.

Thank you for any response!

When my husband did his second medical the letter we received contained a time limit to submit the medical...it was 30 days, they did not touch it until the 29th ( as per the case notes)...we received a third request for medical after the 30 days and contacted the doctors office and even the doctors office could not figure out what CIC wanted because we with the help of the doctors office submitted everything they needed...after 3.5 months from the third request with the help of the doctors office, emails, phone calls and help from CIC call centre we found out that the person that at CIC could not figure out how to open the emedical file...in the end with the help of the doctors office we had to overnight the medical info and they reviewed it within a week..CIC does what it wants...Our case on line was a mess...went from no lines to 5 lines to three lines...the medical was not updated on line until after we had completed the interview and knew that he was approved....