4th June 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6th March 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th March 2017
Hi,

My sponsor called cic yesterday to inform dat ECAS is showing in progress for sponsor and PA however we hven't recd SA.
They said letter is ready however they are not aware about the decision made and we ll recv the letter soon.
Bite worried after hearing the response as many got to know about SA decision in the phone call itself :( :( :(

Misu111

Jul 20, 2016
vladikim said:
In order for us to register/log in to ecas, shall we use sponsor's information or applicant's?

Each will have unique information pertaining to sponsor and to applicant.

The applicants ecas updates will be more relavant once the sponsor is approved.

An important Caveat: ecas information will not reflect all the minutiae of your application.

Misu111

Jul 20, 2016
Hi all,

I am re-posting this to more trafficked thread. Hopefully someone here can answer.

I applied for spousal sponsorship for my wife who is in Dhaka on Dec 2015. Processing started on Jan 2016. They request some additional documents in July 2016 which were sent. This week we got request for her passport to be sent to Singapore via VFSglobal.

Based on reviewing the board posts, it appears to me most spousal applicants from BD are asked to interview. We were surprised to see the application processed relatively quickly and now the request for passport without interview.

Is it possible that there is a interview request after the request for passport?

( or is the interview not being requested a new trend in the Singapore office to clear up applicant back logs? )

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Misu111 said:
Hi all,

I am re-posting this to more trafficked thread. Hopefully someone here can answer.

I applied for spousal sponsorship for my wife who is in Dhaka on Dec 2015. Processing started on Jan 2016. They request some additional documents in July 2016 which were sent. This week we got request for her passport to be sent to Singapore via VFSglobal.

Based on reviewing the board posts, it appears to me most spousal applicants from BD are asked to interview. We were surprised to see the application processed relatively quickly and now the request for passport without interview.

Is it possible that there is a interview request after the request for passport?

( or is the interview not being requested a new trend in the Singapore office to clear up applicant back logs? )
Nope passport request is the final stage. Interviews very rarely happens after PPR ( unless criminality/ security concerns crop up ). How does ecas look like ?

Misu111

Jul 20, 2016
nartcr said:
Nope passport request is the final stage. Interviews very rarely happens after PPR ( unless criminality/ security concerns crop up ). How does ecas look like ?
Thank you for your reply.

Both applicant's and sponsor's ecas state for Permanent Residence Application Status: "Decision made"

The email/letter from CIC requesting the passport also states:

"Note: This letter is not a guarantee that a visa will be issued to you."

That is why I was wondering if a interview request may come up later.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
nartcr said:
Actually, I believe some visa offices request PPT early in the process (i.e. New Delhi, Manilla) and therefore this does not reflect the last step. Not sure if Singapore is one of them....our PPT request letter did not have the statement you refer to, ours had the statement at the top, "We are ready to issue you your visa"...and the only statement regarding change to this was if we didn't sent the requested documents.

C.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
nartcr said:
There have been cases where SVO returns passport without a visa and COPR and with an interview letter, though it is rare, it's happened several times.

It's even happened to someone who had DM on ECAS as posted in the Singapore thread a few weeks ago.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
chilkootcee said:
Actually, I believe some visa offices request PPT early in the process (i.e. New Delhi, Manilla) and therefore this does not reflect the last step. Not sure if Singapore is one of them....our PPT request letter did not have the statement you refer to, ours had the statement at the top, "We are ready to issue you your visa"...and the only statement regarding change to this was if we didn't sent the requested documents.

C.
SVO sends PPR at the final stage.

Misu111

Jul 20, 2016
chilkootcee said:

C.

That's odd that the passport request letters differ in language. I assumed the final phase of the process would be uniform across all visa offices. I should add that last month they sent us a letter requesting additional information which included a request to update applicant's Police verification and Health which we promptly did. They received those in the first week of August.

Now 2 weeks later the Singapore office has sent the request for Passport. With the passport they also asked for 2 photos and they have provided a PDF Appendix B form that has a barcode and the applicants File number.

The Appendix B was appended to their primary communication which begins with:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. The processing of your application is almost complete. Before a permanent resident visa can be issued to you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable), you will need to follow the steps below

Note: This letter is not a guarantee that a visa will be issued to you.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for no interview. Just want to be done with this process and move on with life.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Yeah...just saw another post and it looks like they don't have a consistent template...based on what others are saying as well.

Looks like this is it for you!! congrats!

c.

Libertyn

Aug 23, 2016
Good Morning Everyone,

I have a question regarding Cohabitation Proof for an in Canada sponsorship application. My girlfriend and i rented a flat in New Zealand (cash in hand lease no lease agreement) for 3 months 02/08/2015 to 01/11/2015 prior to finding appropriate accommodation 01/11/2015. The problem is that we require 1 full year proof of cohabitation to be eligible and our previous landlord was evading taxes and will not return my calls. We have a joint account confirmation 25/09/2015 confirming the address of the cash lease and multiple statutory declarations of those who can attest to the cohabitation. We have also have a Statutory Declaration of Common law Union stating our date of cohabitation 02/08/2015. my question to the individuals of this blog is, given the above information will CIC accept what we have provided and proceed with the application? can i submit without a lease agreement dating back 1 full year (please note i am 3 months short). What other forms of evidence can i provide that will suffice in this instance?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Misu111 said:
Thank you for your reply.

Both applicant's and sponsor's ecas state for Permanent Residence Application Status: "Decision made"

The email/letter from CIC requesting the passport also states:

"Note: This letter is not a guarantee that a visa will be issued to you."

That is why I was wondering if a interview request may come up later.
It is definitely visa issued no worries

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Libertyn said:
Good Morning Everyone,

I have a question regarding Cohabitation Proof for an in Canada sponsorship application. My girlfriend and i rented a flat in New Zealand (cash in hand lease no lease agreement) for 3 months 02/08/2015 to 01/11/2015 prior to finding appropriate accommodation 01/11/2015. The problem is that we require 1 full year proof of cohabitation to be eligible and our previous landlord was evading taxes and will not return my calls. We have a joint account confirmation 25/09/2015 confirming the address of the cash lease and multiple statutory declarations of those who can attest to the cohabitation. We have also have a Statutory Declaration of Common law Union stating our date of cohabitation 02/08/2015. my question to the individuals of this blog is, given the above information will CIC accept what we have provided and proceed with the application? can i submit without a lease agreement dating back 1 full year (please note i am 3 months short). What other forms of evidence can i provide that will suffice in this instance?
Dont worry about lease ....just give other proof u paid rent together

Valkriz

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2016 (second medicals)
Med's Done....
Upfront, second medicals 11-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
31-08-2016
Hello everybody i have question if someone was in the same position. So my husband did his upfront medicals last april which it shows on ecas as 'medical results receivd' on january 2016 they told him he needed arc to enter canada due to his exclusion order, now 3 weeks ago we got email that metions his arc approval and a letter asking to redo his medicals my question is because on ecas already says medical results received from first time will they add the forth line on there saying 'medical results received' again due to his second medicals or only the first one remains there? Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Libertyn said:
What other forms of evidence can i provide that will suffice in this instance?
You both must have received mail in the 3 months that you lived there. Do you have any phone bills, pay slips, government mail, etc. showing that address?