Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
kiwiblair said:
hi guys , just got my UCI number , and my application says "in progress" , does anyone know the average wait on outland apps from new zealand /australia
cheers blair
Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada
Australia
11 month(s)
Includes assessment of sponsor: 43 days

New Zealand
10 month(s)

Pls check the link for further reference http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Mariechan said:
Australia
11 month(s)

New Zealand
10 month(s)

Pls check the link for further reference http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Processing times on the website are very inaccurate. If I remember correctly, New Zealand and Australia applications tend to take 4-6 months, but I haven't heard anything that recent. It also depends more on what visa office the application is sent to rather than what country the person is from, despite the fact that's how it's shown on the CIC website.

MKayes

Jan 14, 2015
*** Want to withdraw my spousal application ***

Hello Everyone,

My situation is pretty much critical and I'm seeking supports from seniors and experts.

I got married on February 2016 and files my Outbound Spousal Application on June 09, 2016.

Unfortunately, the relationship with my spouse is not working out.

At this point I am in my way to withdraw the application.

Could any one please advise me the process of withdrawing the application?

I have not received the SA yet. Is there any problem if I withdraw the application after file transfer to VO?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and responses.

Regards,

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
MKayes said:

Hello Everyone,

My situation is pretty much critical and I'm seeking supports from seniors and experts.

I got married on February 2016 and files my Outbound Spousal Application on June 09, 2016.

I have not received the SA yet. Is there any problem if I withdraw the application after file transfer to VO?

Regards,
You filed on June 9th and you want to withdraw?...you may want to have a look around this site...there are a lot of people that get angry at their partner, spouse, etc withdraw and then have a huge mess because they reconnect...this whole process is incredibly stressful...now I do not know your details and I don't need to but have a look around...

Mariechan

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
19-08-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:23-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:27-06-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
MKayes said:

Hello Everyone,

Regards,
I dont know what youve been tru but pls reconsider and think about it multiple times but if you really really really need to do this hope it can help you,,

How do I cancel my application for family sponsorship?
Send us your request using this Web form. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

In the text field, include the following information:

Your name,
Your date of birth,
Your complete address,
The date the application was sent,
Your client ID number (if available),
The type of application (for example, sponsorship of my spouse),
The reason for the withdrawal.
To this webform, you must upload:

A copy of the electronic payment receipt,
or
a copy of both sides of the payment receipt (Form IMM 5401).
Note: If your application is approved before we get your cancellation request, we cannot cancel your application. You will have to respect your sponsorship obligations.

Even if it reaches VO as long as it is still on process,, theres no problem at all...

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
MKayes said:

Hello Everyone,

Regards,
I also agree with the advice given to you.

While nobody knows the specifics here except you, you should take some time before making that decision.

If you decide later on you actually do want to be with your spouse it will be extremely difficult to sponsor them after withdrawing especially since you are already with a tough VO in Singapore.

can1187

Apr 4, 2016
Hello guys,

I was wondering, on the spousal sponsorship forms for the sponsor (me), there is a question regarding countries you have resided in previously. The thing is, I don't remember the exact dates for all my residences. I do remember the month and year. How big a deal is this? Can I explain I dont remember the precise dates but I do know the month and year?

And secondly, does this question want all residences from the time I was born? as it doesnt mention a specific age or the last 10 years or something unlike in the immigration application where it specifies last 10 years or since age 18. Thanks!

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 In progress starting on 09-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016, 1st OWP 11-09-2015, 2nd OWP 11-01-2016
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
I got a letter from CIC saying that further information is required for the principal applicant: [my name].

It specifically mentioned that I have submitted an incomplete Schedule A Background / Declaration (IMM5669) form(s)
and/or incomplete Additional Family Information (IMM5406) form(s).

For IMM5669 form, it said that there can be no gaps in this period of time (from the past 10 year to the date on which my application was received).
I can somehow understand what gaps they wanted me to fill in.

For IMM5406 form, it said that I must complete the required fields for all applicable family members.
This one I thought I completed all the required fields. I am confused what else I need to add in now.

Do any of you have any idea? And to be double confirmed here, do I need to submit a copy of each for my hubby' (sponsor) s family and background as well?
I have just submitted one copy of each with my information (principal applicant) to CIA.

Appreciate if anyone can direct me to the light. Thank you.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Does anyone have any experience with the Montreal local office?. How long after DM should I expect to get my landing appointment letter. The file was transferred to Montreal after AIP for further second stage processing(background checks) in October 2012. It took Montreal 3 years and 8 months to give me a decision. So curious to know if I should expect another long wait for the appointment letter since they love my file so much, and I understand how letting it go could lead to severe depression, its like losing your first born, isn't it...(excuse the sarcasm, I couldn't help myself)...cheers!

Mariechan

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
19-08-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
can1187 said:
Hello guys,

I was wondering, on the spousal sponsorship forms for the sponsor (me), there is a question regarding countries you have resided in previously. The thing is, I don't remember the exact dates for all my residences. I do remember the month and year. How big a deal is this? Can I explain I dont remember the precise dates but I do know the month and year?

And secondly, does this question want all residences from the time I was born? as it doesnt mention a specific age or the last 10 years or something unlike in the immigration application where it specifies last 10 years or since age 18. Thanks!
I am not a pro regarding your concern but that happens to me also,,, in spouse questionaire you have to include the date to explain when and where did you reside,, i remember that some of my answers i just wrote "Sometime in february 2012 or just put FEBRUARY 2012 then i provide a cover letter to explain why i wasnt able to write the exact day of the date.
Secondly my husband indicated residences for the past 10 years

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
b4bow said:
I got a letter from CIC saying that further information is required for the principal applicant: [my name].

It specifically mentioned that I have submitted an incomplete Schedule A Background / Declaration (IMM5669) form(s)

For IMM5669 form, it said that there can be no gaps in this period of time (from the past 10 year to the date on which my application was received).

For IMM5406 form, it said that I must complete the required fields for all applicable family members.
This one I thought I completed all the required fields. I am confused what else I need to add in now.

Do any of you have any idea? And to be double confirmed here, do I need to submit a copy of each for my hubby' (sponsor) s family and background as well?
I have just submitted one copy of each with my information (principal applicant) to CIA.

When CiC says "Family Member" this refers to your family members( wife and kids) who are not Canadians but will be added to your application either they will accompany you or not. It doesn't refer to your sponsor.

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Warsaw - PL / Oshawa - CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016 (missed); request by phone on 21-06-2016
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
Tickets bought for: 12-09-2016
Hello all :)

Goods news :) We managed to revert the refusal and my wife got her COPR this past Tuesday, right after her interview :)

What happened?
-My wife did not get notification to attend a scheduled interview for March 10th. Not sure why.. but we did not
-We got a refusal decision on June 3rd which totally devastated us

What we did:
-Sent 3 e-mail inquiries to the Warsaw VO
-We got our MP Colin Carrie involved
-We wrote a 3 page letter indicating our devastation at the decision, and explained clearly that we did not receive any notifications from CIC to attend the scheduled interview. We explained how important the process was for us and that it will seriously impact our family's future due to per-planning we have already made towards our move. We attached all copies of our passports to indicate we did not leave Poland during the application process. I attached non-formal resignation letter from my employer in Poland. We also attached our daughter’s citizenship certificate, Canadian passport and a Polish passport to show we arranging everything need towards our move. We attached all correspondences we had with the VO and CIC during our application process. We attached inquiries made before the June 3rd decision to indicate our interest and concern about our case and the length of time it's taking to process. In the last paragraph of our letter we asked for 'review and reconsideration' of our application.
-Our MP attached a letter from himself as well, asking for the same.
-On June 13th we sent the package to our MP and he sent it to the Minister of Immigration

How things unfolded:
-On June 15th my wife received a call from the VO asking if she can attend a rescheduled interview for June 21st. The person on the other end stated that they received a letter from the sponsor indicating problems with communication (but in reality without the MP's support we wouldn't have accomplished anything :)). They mentioned that another e-mail would be sent to summarize what needs to be brought to the interview as support material. The e-mail requested “additional evidence (other then job offer and photographs already submitted) that your sponsor intends to resume residence in Canada (i.e. evidence that she has set up residence, etc., if applicable).”
-I wrote a 3 page letter explaining that I will resume residency on September 12th once we get positive news. To support this statement, we submitted the following evidence: Canadian driver’s license renewal, cibc debit card renewal, new credit card, our daughters citizenship & passports, non-formal resignation from my current employer, stating that i will formerly resign once a positive decision is made, the 3 page letter we sent to our MP, a letter from my parents who are visiting for 3 months, to state they are here to help us with the move, flight detail review for September 12th, indicating the airline, date, cost, etc, a confirmation letter from my future landlord stating my intent to rent and that i made inquiries back in March, a copy of a 'family registration' form that we completed at our local church over the phone in January of this year.
-On June 21st we went to the Warsaw VO, of course silly me I thought we enter through the consulate entrance so we had to walk around the building to the Immigration side :)
-I asked the security guy if my daughter and I could enter since we are citizens and want to offer emotional support for my wife. This request was denied of course :)
-So we waited and waited 2 hours passed, I was biting my nails, thinking omg they're going through each line of the application and she's probably sweating in there, since I filled out most of it :) Finally I see her walking with a big pile of papers. I'm thinking ohh great, we will have to resubmit.. I ask her how things went, she tells me that she needs to take photos because she needs them toward the COPR and if we take them within the next hour and half we can take the COPR on the spot :) My jaw drops.. Thinking, that I’m in some sort of twilight zone. We jumped around in happiness and I congratulated her on the effort asking how it went. She told me that they took the package I prepared, then waited for an hour while the officer was analyzing it. After that she was called up to a glass window and a guy on the other side asked her 2 silly questions about the date the sponsor will resume residency and flight details (we think perhaps to check her). She answered. The guy then asked if my wife has photographs with her, and if she does he can issue the COPR right now. My wife said no. He said ok, go past the American Embassy and there's a photographer there she will take the picture. We found the photographer. Got back to the embassy at 11:30 am (it closes at 12:00). 20 minutes later I see my wife walking with her COPR in hand :)

We could finally catch a breather, we were excited but relieved at the same time that all of this stress can be put behind us already. Going through the process without problems is stressful, but when you get a negative or refusal decision, and a glimmer of hope arises that it could be overturned, your stress goes up x3.

Luckily, it all ended well. We overturned the decision, my wife got her COPR and we are flying September 12th :)

I hope that our experience helps others in similar situations.

Good luck to everyone and wish you all of the best. We couldn't have done it without this forum and the great people that are on it!! :)

Cheers.

Mariechan

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
19-08-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
b4bow said:

Imm5669 - u have to declare where you live for the last 10years i will give you an example..
lets say u r 25 yrs old....
Jan 1, 2006- Oct 3, 2008 manila philippines
Oct 3, 2008- Feb 6, 2014 baguio philippines
Feb 6, 2014- Dec 9, 2015 manila phillipines
Dec 9, 2015- June 23, 2016 makati philippines
June 23, 2016 - leave it blank makati philippines
As you can see it is a series of dates,there is no gaps or in betweens.

For Imm5406 -
section a - you have to answer the applicant side which is you also the email address and present address, then your spouse and parents

Section b - if you have a child fill out this section if none just put on the first line in childs name N/A

Section c - your brothers and sisters

Section d - this is the most important thing dont forget to sign and include the date

No need for the sponsor to have his/her family background,,, imm5406 refers only to you (applicant) and your family...

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Intrview done on 09 March 2016, aftr that File went into Routine Background checks and Now A week Ago DM is made .. wen I click Decision Made it does not show any new line added on E-Cas.. I have read some where that wen a new Line is Added on E-cas that '' WE HAVE SENT YOU CORRESPONDENCE ABOUT DECISION MADE ON XXXXX Date '' that means Decision is Negative and wen no new line is added it means 99% decision is positive . Is it Right ??

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Very Strange Huh ! I had interview in March 2016 and Decision on my Eligibility was not made before 14 June , and on 14 June it updated online '' Decision made '' . Why they took over 3 months to make eligibility Decision ?? ... and now they made deciosn what DM can be any Idea ??