canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cjg1987 said:
My spouse is filling the generic application form. So she is the applicant and I am the sponsor.

On Generic Form question 3

How many family members including you are in this application ?

We don't have children. Should the number be 1 ? Does she have to include me or just her?
It is just her inclued in that question.

lilua said:
We are also filling the application. My wife is sponsoring me. We have a son who is also a Canadian Citizen. I think since he is a Canadian citizen I should not include him in my application as dependent. Is it ok?
No, your Canadian child is not included as a dependent.

lensed

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
File Transfer...
21-12-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
Question - My wife is the sponsor of our application. If I(principal applicant) quit my job or choose to work for a different employer, rather than the one I listed in my sponsorship application, will it affect my sponsorship application in process? Do i need to notify CIC? Our application is in process since Dec 2015.

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lensed said:
Question - My wife is the sponsor of our application. If I(principal applicant) quit my job or choose to work for a different employer, rather than the one I listed in my sponsorship application, will it affect my sponsorship application in process? Do i need to notify CIC? Our application is in process since Dec 2015.
It will have zero effect and there is no need to even tell CIC.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
It is just her inclued in that question.

No, your Canadian child is not included as a dependent.
In that case the ADDITIONAL DEPENDENT DECLARATION form IMM0008DEP is not applicable. What is this form all about?

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016 In Process.......: 22-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16-12-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2016 - Remedial: 09-11-2017
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
Hello all,

How much time in average is it taking for Pakistani applicants these days? I am intended to apply in next two months. Guidelines and suggestions are appreciated.

lensed

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
File Transfer...
21-12-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
Thank you Canuck, appreciate your quick response

Does it have an impact on the application if the sponsor decides to move jobs?

Also, if the principal applicant wishes to apply for a visit visa, what impact does it have?

Jun 1, 2016
Just joined here today and found this thread. Thanks to whoever pinned it to the top because this is just what we needed to know. My husband is a dual citizen of the US and Canada and I am a US citizen. The plan is to apply for me and my daughter to emigrate when she is finished with high school (2018) to live near his family (I have no living family) near Yarmouth NS. His family are excited and very willing to help out while we get established. I am a certified teacher here in the States and looking into what I need to do to be able to teach in NS once I land. My daughter wants to go to technical college so we're looking into that as well.

I welcome any and all advice from those who've been there done that...or are doing this right now, even if you're like me and still in the planning stages.

Karen Pothier
Sautee-Nacoochee, GA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
_Karen_Cee_2018 said:
Just joined here today and found this thread. Thanks to whoever pinned it to the top because this is just what we needed to know. My husband is a dual citizen of the US and Canada and I am a US citizen. The plan is to apply for me and my daughter to emigrate when she is finished with high school (2018) to live near his family (I have no living family) near Yarmouth NS. His family are excited and very willing to help out while we get established. I am a certified teacher here in the States and looking into what I need to do to be able to teach in NS once I land. My daughter wants to go to technical college so we're looking into that as well.

I welcome any and all advice from those who've been there done that...or are doing this right now, even if you're like me and still in the planning stages.

Karen Pothier
Sautee-Nacoochee, GA
Note that under the current rules, your daughter must be 18 years old or under at the time the sponsorship application is received in order to be included as your dependent. So make sure you get the application in well before she turns 19. I would aim to get it in at least six months before she turns 19 since applications are sometimes returned due to errors and if you apply too close to her 19th birthday - this could create issues.

Jun 1, 2016
Good to know because one week before she graduates she will turn 19. So, question: we apply, include her on the app according to the guidelines, and then she decides she wants to wait. Does that exclude her from ever emigrating or is there a window of availability to move open to her? I seriously doubt she will want to stay here but just in case...

I am also working on downloading the applications and information for all this so I may stumble across the answer to this question as I read through all that but just in case, I'm asking here too.

:)

unicornpants

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
8-12-2015
File Transfer...
24-2-2016
Med's Request
Done up front
Med's Done....
15-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
Ponga said:
Agreed...for those that like digging/reading through all the minutia. :)
Here is inland :) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

Jun 1, 2016
WOW!! Thanks! As a teacher I'm used to having to research and do a lot of reading anyway. Now that it's summer break for me I can work on this in earnest. :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
_Karen_Cee_2018 said:
Good to know because one week before she graduates she will turn 19. So, question: we apply, include her on the app according to the guidelines, and then she decides she wants to wait. Does that exclude her from ever emigrating or is there a window of availability to move open to her? I seriously doubt she will want to stay here but just in case...

I am also working on downloading the applications and information for all this so I may stumble across the answer to this question as I read through all that but just in case, I'm asking here too.

:)
She should be included in your application as an accompanying dependent and once the PR visa is issued, she should land in Canada and trigger her PR visa to become a permanent resident officially. Once she is a PR, she will need to live in Canada for 2 out of every 5 rolling years to keep her status.

If she waits until later, the opportunity to get PR easily will be gone forever and she will need to qualify and apply for PR on her own (which is not easy to do) if she ever wishes to move to Canada in the future.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lilua said:
In that case the ADDITIONAL DEPENDENT DECLARATION form IMM0008DEP is not applicable. What is this form all about?
That form is for people who have more dependents than can be listed on the IMM0008.

lensed said:
Does it have an impact on the application if the sponsor decides to move jobs?

Also, if the principal applicant wishes to apply for a visit visa, what impact does it have?
No, there is no need to inform CIC of job changes.

A TRV app has will have no effect on the PR app.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Over 80 Days after Interview , No DM yet ... Ordered GCMS note but was not helpful.. I do not know how If I've Passed Interview or not :( :( , Being In Anxiety from 80 Days is not a piece of cake , it is Depressing .. At least they should tell me that If my Eligibilty Is Pass.. I was wondering after Interview we will not be in Limbo about Applicant Eligibility but ................... :( :( I again Requested GCMS note might be this time I will find something and sent Enquiry about Eligibilty .