11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Jameee said:
Dear Members,

Can you please help me in making some decision:

My fiancee is currently working in USA on H1-B. This is expiring next month - June-2016. However, company is working to get this extended.
We are planned to get married in Sep-16, in India.
I am resident here and she will be moving here after marriage.

1. Having H1-B and working in states, how long does it take for Outland app to get processed? Please suggest
2. Should we pursue for getting H1-B extended?
[I understand applying Outland would help in quick processing for spousal PR. But, fiancee is not in comfort to stay in USA and wants to go back India. Trying to make some wise decision and her considerations].

So here, I am thinking after marriage, I will apply Visitor visa in India then process Inland, once fiancee is in canada.
3. How safe are we in getting through Visitor visa approved in India? Is there any reason for rejections?

Now, that I am reading OutLand app in India are getting processed more quickly
4. Should I make decision to go for OutLand app from India, instead of aplying visitor and then Inland?
5. How long OutLand app takes from India (CIC says 14 months)?

Would be glad to receive your inputs on above queries.
I would strongly suggest that you apply outland. As you have noticed that applications are getting processed much quickly from New Delhi, you will be better off applying outland. Although, you'll have to see the situation in Sep-16.
She can still apply outland even if she is in Canada on TRV. Since she is already working in US, I would suggest she apply for TRV now from US rather than waiting till you get married. After marriage chances of approval of TRV are reduced as she will have a strong connection and motive to stay permanently in Canada. Others can suggest more.

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Hello Members, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but currently i'm in a slight panic mode and not thinking clearly so my search might not have been thorough through this forum. I really need help with the following:

I applied outland for my wife's sponsorship. She came to Canada with me on a visitor status right after getting married. And since then has visited back home only once to stay compliant to the 6 months limit on a visitor visa. So my wife is currently here in Canada and we got our passport request today which says we need to submit her passport to Islamabad visa office for stamping. Is there anyway we can submit her passport here in Canada and avoid the long trip back to Pakistan. And for landing we can then just do flag poling at one of the borders? Is this possible? Who should i ask? Any advise?

canadafsw2015

Nov 10, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17-03-2016 SA: 21-03-2016 AOR2: 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 08-05-2016 PPR: 11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
aj_10 said:
Hello Members, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but currently i'm in a slight panic mode and not thinking clearly so my search might not have been thorough through this forum. I really need help with the following:

I applied outland for my wife's sponsorship. She came to Canada with me on a visitor status right after getting married. And since then has visited back home only once to stay compliant to the 6 months limit on a visitor visa. So my wife is currently here in Canada and we got our passport request today which says we need to submit her passport to Islamabad visa office for stamping. Is there anyway we can submit her passport here in Canada and avoid the long trip back to Pakistan. And for landing we can then just do flag poling at one of the borders? Is this possible? Who should i ask? Any advise?
Mine is the same situation but in my wife's PPR email they gave us an option to submit her passport in Ottawa if she's already in Canada. Most of us have been given that option in the PPR email. Wonder why you haven't been given that option in your PPR email :eek:

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
thank you for your reply canadafsw2015, if its not too much can you tell what exactly they said on the letter? In my submit section this is what they mentioned:

To submit your package to Islamabad:

Submit the documents listed to our office in Islamabad (not to our London office). Please

see the VFS Visa Application Centre (Pakistan) website for details on how to transmit your

passports to the Canadian High Commission: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Pakistan/.

PROCESSING TIMES: Your application will be finalized within approximately 4 weeks from

the date your passport(s) and all the required documents are received. Please allow an

additional 1-3 days for the return of your passport(s) by courier, if applicable.

If you have not received your passport after 4 weeks, you may contact us at the London

office using the email form on our website. Please send all enquiries regarding this

application to the London office (not the Islamabad office).

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
So our app is still in process, Inland.

We got a letter last month asking for my husband (He is American) to get Canadian fingerprints done with RCMP, to be sent directly to CIC. He was given a new UIC # on that letter. The old UIC I was given when I sent in sponsorship app no longer works.

What can I infer from this?

mannj

Dec 21, 2015
Hi everyone,
I am planning to get married to a guy who currently lives in india but will moving to Australia within two weeks after our marriage as he is permanent resident of Australia. So my question is will CIC forward his application to India office or to Australia office?
Note: He applied for Australian PR last year from India and after getting PR, he went there just for 15 days and came back to India as he had job commitments.

Is there any rule that a person has to live in country for one year or more to get his file forwarded to that particular country?
Please advise.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
nartcr said:
You have many questions, and most of the answers can be found in this forum. I will keep my points brief.

a) It depends on Visa office. I was holding L1B and i moved here directly from US. The chances that your wife's application is processed in Ottawa is higher since she had spent significant time in US assuming you are going to apply, while she is at US.
b) You may or may not. What matters the most is her "residence status" at the time of submitting the application. FBI PCC is one of the most time consuming process, i suggest your wife plan it for getting one soon.
c) The chances are slim, although it is possible. There are PA, who have successfully applied for visitor visa while their application is in process.
d) Outland process is generally faster than Inland. Also for Inland process, consider the expenses you have to take - for starters, her insurance.
e) Going by the current trend, there are applicants who have applied this year, who have got their passport request. On the other hand, there are applicants from 2015, who are still waiting to hear back from VO. CIC says 19 months on website. In reality most of the applicants ( unless the case is complex, or VO suspects its a marriage of convenience or your applicant is selected for quality assessment ), things could get finalized with in few months.

I would suggest start documenting your relationship, come up with a plan on when you are going to submit, and prepare the documentation. Because you and your spouse will be considered as "recent" marriage, documentation showcasing how you developed your relationship is important. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much Nara. Appreciate a lot, this is very helpful. Apologies for posting so many queries.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
Sirenane said:
Something to think about for inland or outland is - Inland - they suggest that the applicant not leave the country or they could reject her entering Canada upon arrival back. So if during the long processing time for inland she will want to return to India to visit family, then I would suggest that you apply Outland and have her come on a visitor visa with a return ticket to India. She can stay for up to 6 months (this is at the discretion of the customs officer though).
Thank you for giving this info.
I didn't know that this would be case if we go with Inland, we need stay here till application gets processed.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
Vikram18 said:
I would strongly suggest that you apply outland. As you have noticed that applications are getting processed much quickly from New Delhi, you will be better off applying outland. Although, you'll have to see the situation in Sep-16.
She can still apply outland even if she is in Canada on TRV. Since she is already working in US, I would suggest she apply for TRV now from US rather than waiting till you get married. After marriage chances of approval of TRV are reduced as she will have a strong connection and motive to stay permanently in Canada. Others can suggest more.
Thank you Vikram, its encouraging to here that apps are getting processed early from NDVO.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
mannj said:
Hi everyone,
I am planning to get married to a guy who currently lives in india but will moving to Australia within two weeks after our marriage as he is permanent resident of Australia. So my question is will CIC forward his application to India office or to Australia office?
Note: He applied for Australian PR last year from India and after getting PR, he went there just for 15 days and came back to India as he had job commitments.

Is there any rule that a person has to live in country for one year or more to get his file forwarded to that particular country?
Please advise.
Your husband's application will most probably be processed in New Delhi visa office. I have seen many applicants who are living outside India but their applications are sent to New Delhi.

There is no such rule to forward the file to a particular country. It is up to CIC to decide the VO to which the file will be transferred.

inopane04

May 18, 2016
Hi guys just a clarification on my answers..
In sponsor questionnaire question #16. Have you ever submitted a sponsorship application to another person before? My answer here is " NO" ..,,do still need to put "NA" or not applicable to the provided spaces for it?or ill just leave it blank since i answer it as no? Thank you guys:)

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
aj_10 said:

There is no need for a long trip. Simply DHL your Passport to Islamabad. and when you get it back, you can go to the boarder and flag pole.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Hello. Question for you all. Once passport is requested to be sent to New Delhi how long do they take to send it back? My husband is the one being sponsored. He is working in Qatar at the moment. If they ask him to send his passport does he need to go to New Delhi? Or can he send it from Qatar? If he sends its from Qatar won't he have problems if New Delhi takes to long? Would be stuck in a country without his passport. What do you all so? Please help

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
inopane04 said:
Hi guys just a clarification on my answers..
In sponsor questionnaire question #16. Have you ever submitted a sponsorship application to another person before? My answer here is " NO" ..,,do still need to put "NA" or not applicable to the provided spaces for it?or ill just leave it blank since i answer it as no? Thank you guys:)
I answered No and left the other columns blank. Worked fine.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
taniam00 said:
Hello. Question for you all. Once passport is requested to be sent to New Delhi how long do they take to send it back? My husband is the one being sponsored. He is working in Qatar at the moment. If they ask him to send his passport does he need to go to New Delhi? Or can he send it from Qatar? If he sends its from Qatar won't he have problems if New Delhi takes to long? Would be stuck in a country without his passport. What do you all so? Please help
I don't know how long it takes New Delhi VO to send back the passport, but i think he doesn't need to leave Qatar. he can just send it over thru DHL. A maximum of 3 to 4 weeks should be fine without your passport.