Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mrmz said:
Hi Dears,
i have one info. and Question please , if you may share me your opinions , after i share you my experience ,
i applied as single for Quebec immirgation mid of 2011, got married in in end of 2013 but did not declare or update my marital status to BIQ , thinking i can sponsor my wife later after landing to Quebec normally (i was soo ignorant), as i am a sole requestor of CSQ, even i got the CSQ (as Single) with no interview in 2015 , and we got a new baby born just after CSQ issue by 1 month, though in the end of 2015, after i applied for myself only of course for federal stage (security and Medial) , i knew i can nevvvverrrr evverrrr sponsor my wife and baby later if not declared to immigration Authorities before Visa issue and landing, so immediately i communicated (by phone) with BIQ to tell them i am married from 2 years , and have a baby (Both not Accompanying) so i can update my file and Marital status , they asked me to send letter (to immigration Quebec) with all status , to show me exactly what do,
So i sent the letter with all data and advice needed for steps to take , but they did not replied , so i kept sending lots of mails to BIQ , till i received the Reply mail crystal clear finally that i should declare the Wife and Baby ASAP to CIC (for Security and Medical), and no need now to communicate or update, or change marital status in Immigration Quebec as both wife and baby are not accompanying me, so no CSQ will be Required for them now,
I communicated with CIC indeed , adding them in federal stage , already medical requested and it is going normal now,
so please , could you highlight to me your Opinions please , now sponsorship is applicable ? , no any other steps or precautions i should take or be aware of, related to BIQ or CIC ?

Many Many thanks..
Post your question to the Quebec Skilled Worker section of the forum. This section of the forum is for Canadian PRs or citizens who are sponsoring family members for PR.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
podaSK said:
Hello all,

My mother-in-law has written a letter of support for my wife's PR application, describing our relationship and her wholehearted support of the two of us. The letter is written in Chinese. Is it okay for my wife to translate this into English, or should we have hire someone to translate this document and produce an affidavit from the translator? We have done the latter for all her official documents, but are unsure if we need to do this for this much more personal letter.

Thanks!
Yes you may need to translate. Otherwise, you could write it in English, and have her sign it.

JFR

Apr 1, 2016
Hoping someone can help. My husband and I are filling out SCHEDULE A, BACKGROUND /DECLARATION FORM Question #8.

He worked on cruise ships and with different companies. We do not know how to fill the section asking for city or town and country as he was sailing all over the world.

Any suggestions please

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello.. I just got my AOR but right now I'm not living in my country (Nigeria). I'm visiting my brother in Ghana but I might be living here in Ghana till September before returning back to Nigeria.

Do I have to notify CIC that i will be in Ghana till September?
Do I have to do another police certificate from Ghana since I will be living here for more than 6months and send it to CIC?

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
JFR said:
Hoping someone can help. My husband and I are filling out SCHEDULE A, BACKGROUND /DECLARATION FORM Question #8.

He worked on cruise ships and with different companies. We do not know how to fill the section asking for city or town and country as he was sailing all over the world.

Any suggestions please
Assuming he is PA, and you are the sponsor.

From what i know, if your husband is not earning salaries in foreign currency, it changes the way you enter the information. If your husband has his visa in such a way, he earns in foreign currency, and is responsible for filing tax in each of these countries, yes, he has to enter all the countries in schedule A. Otherwise, his permanent home address would suffice.

My wife travels a lot, and i am sponsoring her. We entered her permanent address, and not the address where she stays in each of these countries because she earns in her home country, and do not have tax liability. I would assume situation for crew members is similar.

What matters most is, the amount of time you both spent under the same roof. That has to be detailed, even if you both are outside your home country. Hope it helps.

podaSK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Passport Req..
16-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2016
LANDED..........
04-12-2016
nartcr said:
Yes you may need to translate. Otherwise, you could write it in English, and have her sign it.
Thanks a lot for your response! She has already written the letter in Chinese when we were there for a visit. We're back in Canada now with the original handwritten letter. Do you think we need to spend the money to get it translated with a sworn affidavit like we did for the official documents? Or is a translation produced by my wife acceptable for this kind of thing?

lanfigo67

May 17, 2016
Hi all,

congrats to all who have already received approval and ill like to commend you guys for being so awesome with this thread.

Im in the process of applying for my PR- inland through my wife but we fall under the " condition 51" category. i Just wanna know how long it usually takes to get your " approval in principle" under this category. I am an international student and im wondering if its worth waiting for the approval so as to pay domestic fees or i just go ahead with paying international tuition.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
lanfigo67 said:
Hi all,

congrats to all who have already received approval and ill like to commend you guys for being so awesome with this thread.

Im in the process of applying for my PR- inland through my wife but we fall under the " condition 51" category. i Just wanna know how long it usually takes to get your " approval in principle" under this category. I am an international student and im wondering if its worth waiting for the approval so as to pay domestic fees or i just go ahead with paying international tuition.

Any help will be much appreciated.
I'm not familiar with the current time it takes to get AIP, but having Condition 51 has nothing to do with how long it takes to process your application.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
podaSK said:
Thanks a lot for your response! She has already written the letter in Chinese when we were there for a visit. We're back in Canada now with the original handwritten letter. Do you think we need to spend the money to get it translated with a sworn affidavit like we did for the official documents? Or is a translation produced by my wife acceptable for this kind of thing?
You have 2 options:
a) Have your wife translate it. Do mention, that translation has been done to the best of your ability. Along with it, provide a document which states that you can get sworn affidavit, if it is needed.

b) If getting translated by approved translators works easy ( and not so expensive ), i would suggest to do it.

sajid shehzaad

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Hi There,
As Per New Policy two year waiting period (conditional permanent residence) On spousal Sponsorship has been removed . I applied in January 2016 will i get (PR) or (Conditional PR) . Wink just for my knowledge ...

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
Hi guys'
Can anyone clarify me what case specific enquiry and IRCC web form is for?

calgary2017

May 15, 2016
Madrid
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2016
AOR Received.
17-4-2016
File Transfer...
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016 DM
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2016 COPR
dear friends,

me: living in Madrid and applying Spouse Sponsorship
should say am lucky that my application should be quite straightforward as my wife is Canadian and my two babies have also the CAD passport.
applied end March and already the file has been transfered to Paris

my questions are:
a) I don´t know how can I write in my profile in this web the timeline of my application, so that appears here like the others
...Now coming to the PR
b) as fas as I have read it in this web Paris is the fastest Visa Office. So if on 13th May the file was transfered there, I presume it will be approved already in November
c) I have seen at the CIC that the proof of funds for 1 person aprox. 12000 CADS, and for 4 Persons 24000 CADS. In my case that we are 4 , but only me is not Canadian? Will they ask for a proof of 12000 CADS or will they want 24000 CADS

Thank U all

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
calgary2017 said:
dear friends,

me: living in Madrid and applying Spouse Sponsorship
should say am lucky that my application should be quite straightforward as my wife is Canadian and my two babies have also the CAD passport.
applied end March and already the file has been transfered to Paris

my questions are:
a) I don´t know how can I write in my profile in this web the timeline of my application, so that appears here like the others
...Now coming to the PR
b) as fas as I have read it in this web Paris is the fastest Visa Office. So if on 13th May the file was transfered there, I presume it will be approved already in November
c) I have seen at the CIC that the proof of funds for 1 person aprox. 12000 CADS, and for 4 Persons 24000 CADS. In my case that we are 4 , but only me is not Canadian? Will they ask for a proof of 12000 CADS or will they want 24000 CADS

Thank U all
a) You can update under your account settings/profile settings.
b) You may want to update your information under the spreadsheet, which is being used for tracking purpose.
c) Proof of funds is not mandatory for spouse sponsorship, and will not likely cause an issue. However, the sponsor must provide adequate explanation of how the support would be given to PA. You can ask yourselves - "Does the sponsor has some way to support herselves, the kids and PA?".
In your case, i presume, you already have sponsorship approval. Your wife would have got it, since the file is already transferred from Mississauga to Paris.

daaca

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
nartcr said:
b) You may want to update your information under the spreadsheet, which is being used for tracking purpose.
c) Proof of funds is not mandatory for spouse sponsorship, and will not likely cause an issue. However, the sponsor must provide adequate explanation of how the support would be given to PA. You can ask yourselves - "Does the sponsor has some way to support herselves, the kids and PA?".
In your case, i presume, you already have sponsorship approval. Your wife would have got it, since the file is already transferred from Mississauga to Paris.

after 2 hrs interview asking every question related to my spouse the interviewer kept my certificate police clearance my interview letter appointment and some proves of facebook and viber mesages printed out but also interviewer gave me back original document and all my pictures and western union receits and she said you will get the answer at the end of june so what is that suppose to mean is that good sign or bad sign thanks

calgary2017

May 15, 2016
Madrid
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2016
AOR Received.
17-4-2016
File Transfer...
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016 DM
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2016 COPR
nartcr said:
Hi Nara
thanks for your advice
Ref
a) believe me that I have tried several times to change the settings, but I really cannot find it (the settings of the timeline of the application)
b) which spreadsheet ?
c) Sponsorhip approval is received 13th May. Ref means of living in Calgary, we would land at her parents house, and then surely try to find each of us a job as soon as possible. In Spain we have good jobs both,but there´s no problem in doing any job after arriving in Calgary to settle down. I know that nobody will be welcoming us "with a red carpet" at the airport, specially now that the oil price is down, but altogether family, friends, and our skills would find a way to get job

Cheers