+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

shiler

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Same question applies. How is your dad sponsoring his brother?

No, your wife doesn't need to send photos.

No, you don't need to show your account details.
sponsoring them as refugees

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
shiler said:

sponsoring them as refugees
Then you should post in the Refugees section of the forum where you'll get much more accurate information.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
MilesAway said:
Does he require a visa to visit Canada? What nationality is he?
He is Canadian citizen....I am Romanian citizen ...he can not visit me more than 3 months within 6 months that's why we were thinking to applied for a long visa in Romania for one year or (I am not sure if ,,long visa,, is correct said), and after that to send to VO a letter and show them that he also apply for a long visa to stay here with his wife until they will approve my PR application (that should be a strong proof that our reletionship is genuine)

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
deeafahd said:
He is Canadian citizen....I am Romanian citizen ...he can not visit me more than 3 months within 6 months that's why we were thinking to applied for a long visa in Romania for one year or (I am not sure if ,,long visa,, is correct said), and after that to send to VO a letter and show them that he also apply for a long visa to stay here with his wife until they will approve my PR application (that should be a strong proof that our reletionship is genuine)
In your previous post, you said you were a PR.

As a Canadian citizen, he can be abroad during the sponsorship process, but he will have to prove his intent to return. So sending them a letter showing that you are applying to stay long-term in Romania is probably not the best way to do that.

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
Hi guys,
I have a question. If I order for notes is this gonna slow down my process of applications?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
love(ao) said:
Hi guys,
I have a question. If I order for notes is this gonna slow down my process of applications?
No, ordering GCMS notes is a completely different process. It will not affect your application.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
hey guys,
Just wanted to know if the document checklist on the IMM3909 which is the country specific instruction should be printed and placed on the principal applicants application forms?

disBrew

Nov 23, 2015
Hi there people,
I'm not sure this is the right board to post this, but it looks like the one that fits best. Let me know if I'm incorrect.

I have a couple of questions regarding the rights of staying, as a permanent resident, and sponsoring my wife (we are not married yet, but we will this year).

So, I am a permanent resident currently living in Canada. She is currently living in Brazil, and she has a visitor visa to Canada.
I have a couple of questions:
1 - Is there any difference if we marry in Canada or in Brazil, for both inland and outland applications?
2 - Can I sponsor her from Brazil, and come with her when the process is done? I mean, can I stay in Brazil while the process of sponsoring goes on?
3 - If I stay in Canada, can she stay in Canada while the process is running (during her legal timeframe of stay, according to her visa)?

Also, regarding the rights of permanent resident:
I have lived here since late 2013, as a temporary worker, and became a permanent resident in February 2016. I know the time I've been here as temporary resident adds up to my physical presence by half, up to one year, and I know that to renew my permanent resident status here, I need to be inland during 2 of 5 years. The question:
4 - If I stay more than 6 months outside of Canada, will my physical presence counter "reset" regarding applying to citizenship? Or, actually, are there any consequences?
5 - Can I stay as much as I want outside of Canada, if I'm within this 2 in 5 timespan?

Thank you very much dear fellas.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
disBrew said:
Hi there people,
I'm not sure this is the right board to post this, but it looks like the one that fits best. Let me know if I'm incorrect.

I have a couple of questions regarding the rights of staying, as a permanent resident, and sponsoring my wife (we are not married yet, but we will this year).

So, I am a permanent resident currently living in Canada. She is currently living in Brazil, and she has a visitor visa to Canada.
I have a couple of questions:
1 - Is there any difference if we marry in Canada or in Brazil, for both inland and outland applications?
2 - Can I sponsor her from Brazil, and come with her when the process is done? I mean, can I stay in Brazil while the process of sponsoring go on?
3 - If I stay in Canada, can she stay here while the process is running (during her legal timeframe of stay, according to her visa)?

Also, regarding the rights of permanent resident:
I have lived here since late 2013, as a temporary worker, and became a permanent resident in February 2016. I know the time I've been here as temporary resident adds up to my physical presence by half, up to one year, and I know that to renew my permanent resident status here, I need to be inland during 2 of 5 years. The question:
4 - If I stay more than 6 months outside of Canada, will my physical presence counter "reset" regarding applying to citizenship? Or, actually, are there any consequences?
5 - Can I stay as much as I want outside of Canada, if I'm within this 2 in 5 timespan?

Thank you very much dear fellas.
1 - No difference.
2 - No, you cannot. Since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada for the duration of the sponsorship process. A few short (2-3 week) trips outside of Canada are fine. Anything more than that and you risk having the application refused.
3 - If she can get a TRV approved, then yes.
4 - No, it won't reset. However it may take you longer to qualify for citizenship. No consequences.
5 - Yes. As long as you're not sponsoring your wife. Again, once you apply to sponsor your wife, you need to be spending the majority of your time in Canada and need to limit your time outside of Canada to short trips.

disBrew

Nov 23, 2015
scylla said:
1 - No difference.
2 - No, you cannot. Since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada for the duration of the sponsorship process. A few short (2-3 week) trips outside of Canada are fine. Anything more than that and you risk having the application refused.
3 - If she can get a TRV approved, then yes.
4 - No, it won't reset. However it may take you longer to qualify for citizenship. No consequences.
5 - Yes. As long as you're not sponsoring your wife. Again, once you apply to sponsor your wife, you need to be spending the majority of your time in Canada and need to limit your time outside of Canada to short trips.
Amazing, and precise! Thank you very much scylla, exactly what I needed.
To make sure, about 3:
She has a TRV already, a visitor visa. So she can stay here while the process go on, no problems or implications?

Three last questions.
1 - I live in Montreal, and once I come back, it will probably be back here. To sponsor her, does she need a CSQ as well, or the process of sponsoring is the same regardless of the province?
2 - Since she has a visitor visa, she can come straight away with me to Canada, once I come back, correct? She'll have to leave after the period estimated by the visa, but can she still come with me? Or, I come ahead to start the process outland, and then she comes and spends a couple of months here, for example.
3 - Is it possible for her to get a student visa and come to Canada to study french while the outland process goes on?

Again, thank you very much!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Stuntxd9 said:
hey guys,
Just wanted to know if the document checklist on the IMM3909 which is the country specific instruction should be printed and placed on the principal applicants application forms?
Yes, it must be included.

disBrew said:
1 - I live in Montreal, and once I come back, it will probably be back here. To sponsor her, does she need a CSQ as well, or the process of sponsoring is the same regardless of the province?
2 - Since she has a visitor visa, she can come straight away with me to Canada, once I come back, correct? She'll have to leave after the period estimated by the visa, but can she still come with me? Or, I come ahead to start the process outland, and then she comes and spends a couple of months here, for example.
3 - Is it possible for her to get a student visa and come to Canada to study french while the outland process goes on?
1. Yes, she will need a CSQ.

2. Yes, she can come with you. She can apply to extend her stay so that she doesn't have to leave Canada while the app processes.

3. In order to get a study permit, she would need to be accepted to a school here and show significant proof of funds. However, a visitor may take courses that are less than 6 months in duration without a study permit.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
MilesAway said:
In your previous post, you said you were a PR.

As a Canadian citizen, he can be abroad during the sponsorship process, but he will have to prove his intent to return. So sending them a letter showing that you are applying to stay long-term in Romania is probably not the best way to do that.
thank you for your answer ...how about if we sent more proofs as pictures with us and my familly after we got married , trips ,how much he sponsor me and so on ...will that help ?. I am worried that they will delayed so much our application because we did not have enough proofs...we got married pretty fast.

heidiandgoats

Aug 13, 2014
I am so thankful that I came across Leon's post on the first page of this thread from July 8, 2010. This post is a bit old and I hope the laws for applying "outland" or "inland" haven't changed since 2010.

I've been wracking my brain and getting anxiety worrying about whether to apply "outland" or "inland". My husband (Canadian) and I (American) got married last year in the US. We returned to Ontario and I received a "visitor record" at the border, which allows me to stay for a year in Canada. Within this year, my husband is supposed to apply to be my sponsor and I'm supposed to apply for permanent residency.

Well, we don't like the fact that if you apply from within Canada and your application is refused, there's no chance of appeal (who wouldn't get scared reading that?) I've been worried about this for weeks, as my husband has been getting his tax papers in order to be able to fill out his part of the applications and haven't known which set of forms to use - outland or inland. I finally came across Leon's post and sure hope that this is true because I want to apply outland.

But how do you fill in the blank on the PR application form #0008 where it asks for current mailing, residential, and country address? Do you have to have an address in the US? I have a PO Box in Michigan and an address of friends in southern Michigan where I stayed for a couple of months in 2013 while I had to stay out of Canada for 6 months out of 12 before we were married and I was just a regular visitor at that time. Also, I stayed at a motel by the border for a couple of months where they rent by the month and would return to if I had to for any reason. I had actually received some mail while at the motel and the manager is very hospitable and has other tenants who live there by the month. Can any of these addresses be used for my US address? I had lived in Colorado for many years before all of this and my daughter lives there and I could use her address but, technically, I'm a resident of Michigan now. How do you go about filling the blanks for "current address" when you're living inland but applying as outland?

Thanks so much for any info on this.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heidiandgoats said:
I am so thankful that I came across Leon's post on the first page of this thread from July 8, 2010. This post is a bit old and I hope the laws for applying "outland" or "inland" haven't changed since 2010.

I've been wracking my brain and getting anxiety worrying about whether to apply "outland" or "inland". My husband (Canadian) and I (American) got married last year in the US. We returned to Ontario and I received a "visitor record" at the border, which allows me to stay for a year in Canada. Within this year, my husband is supposed to apply to be my sponsor and I'm supposed to apply for permanent residency.

Well, we don't like the fact that if you apply from within Canada and your application is refused, there's no chance of appeal (who wouldn't get scared reading that?) I've been worried about this for weeks, as my husband has been getting his tax papers in order to be able to fill out his part of the applications and haven't known which set of forms to use - outland or inland. I finally came across Leon's post and sure hope that this is true because I want to apply outland.

But how do you fill in the blank on the PR application form #0008 where it asks for current mailing, residential, and country address? Do you have to have an address in the US? I have a PO Box in Michigan and an address of friends in southern Michigan where I stayed for a couple of months in 2013 while I had to stay out of Canada for 6 months out of 12 before we were married and I was just a regular visitor at that time. Also, I stayed at a motel by the border for a couple of months where they rent by the month and would return to if I had to for any reason. I had actually received some mail while at the motel and the manager is very hospitable and has other tenants who live there by the month. Can any of these addresses be used for my US address? I had lived in Colorado for many years before all of this and my daughter lives there and I could use her address but, technically, I'm a resident of Michigan now. How do you go about filling the blanks for "current address" when you're living inland but applying as outland?

Thanks so much for any info on this.
Outland!

You can use the address in Canada, because that's where you are residing, right? It's a delicate dance, but in the eyes of CIC, you are living in Canada, but to CBSA, you are a visitor in Canada.

Oh...and be prepared for a pretty quick process, since your application will [likely] be processed entirely in Canada in ~ 6-8 months. ;)

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
my brother is sponsoring his wife who is on student visa canada, do he need to pay RPRF along wit application fees?