Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
xaideez said:
Hi

I've question regarding spousal sponsorship.

Person A landed in Canada in June 2012 and left Canada in Feb 2013 to get married and was living in Pakistan with spouse. He has two kids (Born in 2013 and 2014). He came back to Canada in June 2015 and is now planning to apply for his family under family class immigration. Now I've two questions:

How much income he has to show, he is working full time on contract and earned approximately 21K since his arrival in 2015 June. (He didn't have job for two months).
What is role of this finance thing in spousal sponsorship (Remember he has two kids as well)? Could they reject his application as sponsor (first stage) that he didn't meet LCOI for 4 family members (Himself/Wife/2 kids) although his family is still back home in Pakistan.

Thanks for your answers and help in advance.
There is no minimum income to sponsor your spouse and dependent children. You do need to show that you are able to support yourselves without resorting to government assistance.

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
MilesAway said:
There is no minimum income to sponsor your spouse and dependent children. You do need to show that you are able to support yourselves without resorting to government assistance.
Ok Thanks for quick response, so it means he can just attach his salary slips for this year (Along with job letter and bank statement) and last year's notice of assessment? or what other financial docs he has to attach? I mean what supporting docs are required to show that he can support himself and his family?

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
love(ao) said:
thank you.

dear aquakitty,
can you clarify me about my situation. My both PR an SA ECAS status shows "in process" since December 2015. My application was filled on September 2015. My medical has been expired on this March.
Hello Love ao,

If your application was filed in September 2015, are you saying that you did your medical in April 2015, five months before the submission? It's just a question.

If your medical has expired, you should be receiving an email from CIC soon, asking to redo your medical. If you don't hear from them before the month ends, send them a "Case Specific" inquiry.

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hello Love ao,

If your application was filed in September 2015, are you saying that you did your medical in April 2015, five months before the submission? It's just a question.

If your medical has expired, you should be receiving an email from CIC soon, asking to redo your medical. If you don't hear from them before the month ends, send them a "Case Specific" inquiry.

Thanks for yor reply. Yes it was done five month before the submission. For some papers my app was submitted after five month. How can I send them a "Case Specific" inquiry. If I send them "Case Specific" inquiry, is this gonna slow down the process of my application?

nskendrovic

Mar 26, 2016
Hi all. I am about to apply for sponsorship and i have few questions.
But first id like to explain my situation a bit if anyone cars to read and answer.

So, Iw been in Canada on owp since June 09 2015. working holiday visa and it expires on May 09 2016 as i got 11 months and not 12 when I entered Canada. Im getting married within next 2 weeks as im waiting for my divorce certificate to come by mail. Iw lived with my fiance since start of January but wew ben together since november which is only like 5 months now. I also got divorced in October although we filed for divorce in March 2015. All this sounds suspicious and i dunno what kind of evidence and prof i need to prove we are in real relationship. We have joint rent agreement but its only from March 01. as we moved to Beaumont from Calgary on that date. we have joint account and we are starting company together and we work together.
And second question, i have 2 small kids in my home country that wont be coming now but i would like them to come visit me from time to time and maybe when they grow older come her to school college etc. So what do i do with them on my application(or just birth certificate)..do i need passport photos for them when im applying or later when they ask me for their medical etc.

Also if i apply mid April and my work visa expires May., i get implied status until i get my new work permit which can take up to 6 months. My daughter has birthday in July and i wont to be there. What do i do??

Also do you think it is wise for us to fill application on our own or should we use lawyer..it does seem fairly simple but there is all kind of reviews on here and im scared i dont get refused. I dont care for interview as we live together and know each other quite well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who spends time reading this and gives any kind of advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nskendrovic said:
Hi all. I am about to apply for sponsorship and i have few questions.
But first id like to explain my situation a bit if anyone cars to read and answer.

So, Iw been in Canada on owp since June 09 2015. working holiday visa and it expires on May 09 2016 as i got 11 months and not 12 when I entered Canada. Im getting married within next 2 weeks as im waiting for my divorce certificate to come by mail. Iw lived with my fiance since start of January but wew ben together since november which is only like 5 months now. I also got divorced in October although we filed for divorce in March 2015. All this sounds suspicious and i dunno what kind of evidence and prof i need to prove we are in real relationship. We have joint rent agreement but its only from March 01. as we moved to Beaumont from Calgary on that date. we have joint account and we are starting company together and we work together.
And second question, i have 2 small kids in my home country that wont be coming now but i would like them to come visit me from time to time and maybe when they grow older come her to school college etc. So what do i do with them on my application(or just birth certificate)..do i need passport photos for them when im applying or later when they ask me for their medical etc.

Also if i apply mid April and my work visa expires May., i get implied status until i get my new work permit which can take up to 6 months. My daughter has birthday in July and i wont to be there. What do i do??

Also do you think it is wise for us to fill application on our own or should we use lawyer..it does seem fairly simple but there is all kind of reviews on here and im scared i dont get refused. I dont care for interview as we live together and know each other quite well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who spends time reading this and gives any kind of advice.
- Both of your children will have to pass a medical as part of your immigration application.
- There is no implied status with working holiday visas. You will need to stop working as soon as your IEC expires unless you have a new and valid work permit in your hand before then.
- It's up to you if you use a lawyer or not. Many of us here have gone through the whole process without a lawyer.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
love(ao) said:
Thanks for yor reply. Yes it was done five month before the submission. For some papers my app was submitted after five month. How can I send them a "Case Specific" inquiry. If I send them "Case Specific" inquiry, is this gonna slow down the process of my application?
Hi Love ao,
Just go to the CIC Website and search for "Case Specific Inquiry". I would have sent you the link but we're not allowed to paste links here, at least I am not able to.

I would highly doubt this will slow down your process, as all you will be doing is basically giving CIC a reminder about your Medical being expired. Usually CIC is aware and they already might be. But just for your self satisfaction, send them the inquiry.

Where is your VO?

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hi Love ao,
Just go to the CIC Website and search for "Case Specific Inquiry". I would have sent you the link but we're not allowed to paste links here, at least I am not able to.

I would highly doubt this will slow down your process, as all you will be doing is basically giving CIC a reminder about your Medical being expired. Usually CIC is aware and they already might be. But just for your self satisfaction, send them the inquiry.

Where is your VO?
Thank you. It's Singapore VO.

sfm

Nov 8, 2009
Hi friends, I am a PR .Got married in 2015 and applied for spouse .I recvd an email from CIC and then my wife too recvd an email form ND VO.
E-case shows medical recvd .When can I expect her Pr approval

phamhainguyen68

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront in Aug 2015
Interview........
Recommend Waived on 05-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016 (received on 21-06-2016)
LANDED..........
Waiting...
sfm said:
Hi friends, I am a PR .Got married in 2015 and applied for spouse .I recvd an email from CIC and then my wife too recvd an email form ND VO.
E-case shows medical recvd .When can I expect her Pr approval
Hi sfm,

If your application is in ND (New Delhi) VO, there are some threads in the forum which are for ND applicants, i.e. :http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2015-spousal-visa-applicants-t258676.0.html.

Hope you could find general idea of the timeline over there.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
scylla said:
- Both of your children will have to pass a medical as part of your immigration application.
- There is no implied status with working holiday visas. You will need to stop working as soon as your IEC expires unless you have a new and valid work permit in your hand before then.
- It's up to you if you use a lawyer or not. Many of us here have gone through the whole process without a lawyer.
I must to correct this. I have called to CIC twice because getting wrong information from this forum. With IEC you get implied status as well. No difference. That is what they answered to me.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
rmv said:
I must to correct this. I have called to CIC twice because getting wrong information from this forum. With IEC you get implied status as well. No difference. That is what they answered to me.
You might want to read this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/international-experience-canada-implied-status-lmo-t184570.0.html;msg3038341#msg3038341

It's up to you if you want to trust the call center, but the call center is wrong more often than they are right.

The bottom line is, an IEC cannot be extended. Because you cannot extend IEC, you cannot benefit from implied status. There's lots of reading on this if you want to Google it.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
nskendrovic said:
Yes it does sound very suspicious, that you got divorced then immediately met someone and are already getting married after only 5 months and then applying for your PR. You may want to think about waiting a bit before applying for PR, to show that you are a true married couple and didn't get married simply to get you PR app started (marriage of convenience). If she hasn't met your kids nor your family, that will all be seen as very suspicious. I would expect a longer than usual processing time and quite likely an interview. The longer you wait before getting married/applying for PR, the better chance your app will have of not being rejected.

kimmigration

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-5-2011
Med's Request
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2013
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2013 By God willing
Hello Everybody,

I want to sponsor my spouse to Canada. However I am a new immigrant to Canada, and My income last year doesnt meet the required income in Quebec.

I got a job recently in my occupation as a mechanical engineer,so from your experience Am I eligible to spnsor my spouse provided the following:

I immigrated to canada since almost 2 years, and I resided for 14 month out of 26.

I recently got a job, so my income for the last undertaking is almost zero.

I dont receive any social assistance from the government or any other association.

Thank you and I wish you always all the best.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kimmigration said:
I want to sponsor my spouse to Canada. However I am a new immigrant to Canada, and My income last year doesnt meet the required income in Quebec.
Hi

There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse. You just have to show that you can support yourselves in Canada without welfare.