Spousal sponsorship

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MKayes said:
Dear Seniors and Experts,

I need an urgent advise regarding my upcoming Spousal Immigration Application.

I am a PR since May 07, 2015 and got married on February 12, 2016. My wife live in Bangladesh and I am going to apply for Outland Spusal Application.

On period May-October 2015 I was unemployed in Canada. From November I am working with a Bank and my yearly income is more than 50K.

My questions are -

- What is the minimum income requirment for sponsoring spuse?

- As I am employed from November 2015, my T4 and C4 will not demonstrate the partial income. Does it create any problem?

- Will it suffice, if I submit the following documents with my sponsorship applicatio package ?
1) employment letter with current annual salary
2) paystubs since November 2015
3) Personal letter stating my migration situation.

Appreciate your promt response.

Regards, Kayes.
There is no minimum income for spousal sponsorship. Your option C should be fine and you can toss in a couple of the other things too if you want

dilber

Feb 24, 2016
Hello,

September 2013: Application for PR in Canada Protected Person
November 2014: Married in Pak and added my wife in my ongoing application as dependent
March 2015: Additional documents requested by London visa office about marriage and submitted (All forms, Police Certificate, Birth certificate, Proofs of marriage, Nikah Nama and marriage certificate etc.) and submitted.
August 2015: Wife got medical request and done in September 2015 from Pak
September 2015: I received Confirmation of PR
October 2015: Medical received line added in my wife's file
October 2015: On same day 13 Oct. 2015, received email to submit copy of passport bio page, eye color and height of my wife which I emailed same day and also posted later by my wife.
November 2015: I received PR card

When we received request to submit copy of my wife's passport, eye color and height on 13 Oct. 2015, we thought that we are very close. But still no further progress. No decision made or Passport request.

I have sent two email and received reply look like this "Please be advised that your wife’s application is in the final stage of processing and is currently with an officer for review" and "Please be advised that this application awaits the review of an Immigration Officer" One month already passed when I got these replies.

Received last email reply from "SNF (LH)" in mid of January 2016. It has been noticed that there is sub code like (LH), (CD) after the actual officer code like SNF (LH). Any idea what (LH) or (CD) means?

Now my question is why they would ask for copy of passport bio page, eye color and height? Is this part of the process of something unusual?

Any other thoughts about what could be the reason for waiting for 4 months when everything has been provided?

Would the background checks, security, criminal starts after the medical or before medical?

Please share your experiences relating to my scenario as well. Yes I am going to order the notes. Not sure if it would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
juanitac said:
So my full file was received on 1/26/2016 and it turned out that they send it back on 2/18/2016 as we submitted IMM1344 and IMM0008 old formats (those that expired in 2014) and so, therefore, I have to fill them up and re-submit the whole package.

So that year and month in corner of paper means form expire date? Or do I misunderstand? How I can find new IMM1344 and IMM0008 forms? I also have those ones where is year 2014.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You first need to find out what the current version of the forms are, by checking the CIC website.

Then, make sure that you are submitting those forms.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Ponga said:
You first need to find out what the current version of the forms are, by checking the CIC website.
Yes I checked CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp) and there is those old forms what some other person here was talking about. CIC was sent application package back.

adogtiger

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1:25-03-2016;AOR2:18-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Hi, dear seniors,
I sent my application and it was received by CIC on Feb 22,2016. However, I have found I filled an old version IMM008(4-2015) and I need to submitted an updated IMM008(11-2015). Does someone have the experience to submit an updated form just shortly after sending application? Will CIC officer replace the old one when they process my application?
Thanks. ;D

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
kristiina89 said:
What is difference between forms IMM 5287 and IMM 5289?
Both are for sponsorship program inland? Which one I use?
The IMM 5287 version is for those who are sponsoring a family member (not a spouse). If you wish to sponsor or be sponsored by a spouse, you want these documents: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

door

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Hi Plz need help

My wife got option c printout on Dec 14 and we were to send application on Feb but i notice an update in checklist form IMM 5491
the new update is IMM 5491 ( 02-2016 ) and in the Item 17, CIC change Option c prinout to Notice of Assessment that can view and print online trought CRA website .

My question i still can send the option c printout that my wife got my mail or need Notice of Assessment ?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
door said:
Hi Plz need help

My wife got option c printout on Dec 14 and we were to send application on Feb but i notice an update in checklist form IMM 5491
the new update is IMM 5491 ( 02-2016 ) and in the Item 17, CIC change Option c prinout to Notice of Assessment that can view and print online trought CRA website .

My question i still can send the option c printout that my wife got my mail or need Notice of Assessment ?
Since you have to submit the newer checklist, I think it would be prudent to give them the Notice of Assessment. She can just photocopy the one she got by mail if she doesn't have access to the CRA site...

door

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Thank you so thats mean if she cant access to the CRA site , she still ca, sent option c got by mail right ?

tacitus77

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
A0R1 07-06-2016 A0R2 26-07-2016
File Transfer...
20-07-2016 DM 04-02-2017
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-10-2015 remed 21-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2017
LANDED..........
Landed 01-03-2017 PR Card 14-04-17
Thought I had a relatively simple case, but after reading this forum, I'm a little worried. I'm planning on submitting my Spousal sponsorship app in a few weeks and would like to see what people think about our chances.

I'm a born Canadian citizen, I met my Russian wife while travelling europe in summer 2014. I invited her to my grandmothers place in europe and we stayed there together for 5 weeks. I proposed to her and she accepted. we tried for a visitor visa after I came home and were refused twice. We decided to marry in summer 2015 in europe and so i got my statement in lieu and we married in a small ceremony with no family present. We then went back to my grandmothers place in europe and had our honeymoon. we stayed there for 4 weeks. After I came home we tried for another visitor visa and were refused again. Now we are submitting our outland application 7 months after our wedding. we have been together now for 19 months

We do have most of the recommended proofs such as photos together before during, and after the wedding, loads of texts, phone calls, all our airplane and train tickets, western union receipts, etc. Our photos are with just me and my wife together, however, with no friends or family.

I'm 27 and she is 24, neither of us have been married or common-law. My wife does not have close family, just her grandmother who could not attend the wedding, and my parents who could not attend as well. Currently I'm living with my parents and unemployed. I was working until recently, however. We are going to visit each other for 2 months at my grandmothers place starting in May this year, too.

Any thoughts on our situation would be very much appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
hi! Me again.. Once again we would greatly appreciate your advise. I'm sponsoring my husband via the Outland sponsorship route. I'm Canadian and he's American. We have his permanent residency in progress. We were asked that my husband obtain his medical exam as it had expired as well as a medical exam for his which we weren't able to obtain. We have sent in the letter and documents as per requested.
How much longer do you believe this will take? What is the next step?
Thank you once again. We really appreciate it.

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siempreamor said:
hi! Me again.. Once again we would greatly appreciate your advise. I'm sponsoring my husband via the Outland sponsorship route. I'm Canadian and he's American. We have his permanent residency in progress. We were asked that my husband obtain his medical exam as it had expired as well as a medical exam for his which we weren't able to obtain. We have sent in the letter and documents as per requested.
How much longer do you believe this will take? What is the next step?
Thank you once again. We really appreciate it.
If you've sent everything in, it shouldn't be too long. US applications have been going through at around 6-8 months, some as low as 4 but others as high as 10. Just keep an eye out, you probably don't have too many months to go.

lensed

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
File Transfer...
21-12-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
I have a question and hoping someone could help me....

I have applied to sponser my spouse in late 2015 after our legal marriage in India. I have received SA( Nov 2015) and confirmation( Dec 2015) that the file is transferred to the NDVO.

There have been no questions or communication from the NDVO after this point.

We recently( Feb 2016) had our marriage celebrated in the church in India with a big reception thereafter. I had noted that these events would take happen in my spousal application for the questions that focused on having a reception and the number of people that attended it. I have all the answers to those questions now.

My question is - do i proactively send this info to the NDVO( i.e reception pictures, church pics, # of people details) or wait for them to ask me about it? I am not sure what do i do. My fear is if the info i provided earlier enough? Please help.