29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Jst waiting no idea how much time should i wait

gimvie

Jul 5, 2015
Hi,I am in Canada and my wife is applying open work permit visa from Pakistan and i am sponsoring her.

In the document checklist of the work permit applied outside of Canada has Family Information (IMM 5707) form which we have to submit. But when i went to cic website, step 2, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp#5487E4 for guide there is Family information form available but its number is IMM 5645. On the same website page there is checklist in PDF and when i open, it is showing different form number for family information.

So can anyone tell me which form is relevant either IMM 5707 or IMM 5645.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
gimvie said:
Hi,I am in Canada and my wife is applying open work permit visa from Pakistan and i am sponsoring her.

In the document checklist of the work permit applied outside of Canada has Family Information (IMM 5707) form which we have to submit. But when i went to cic website, step 2, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp#5487E4 for guide there is Family information form available but its number is IMM 5645. On the same website page there is checklist in PDF and when i open, it is showing different form number for family information.

So can anyone tell me which form is relevant either IMM 5707 or IMM 5645.
It looks like you aren't a PR or citizen. If so, you're posting in the wrong section of the forum. Try the PNP section or Skilled Worker or Foreign worker. This section of the forum is for Canadians who are sponsoring family members for PR.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
chilkootcee said:
My husband was refused TRV twice....and we included details of the first one (before we applied for PR) in our application. I'm happy to say we have received positive DM :)

C.
Hey,

Did your husband applied for TRV before you sponsored him or after? did he got his TRV in the 3rd attempt then? Also, once he got his TRV did you guys applied for his open work permit or he went back ?

Thanks for your help :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
sheen said:
Hey,

Did your husband applied for TRV before you sponsored him or after? did he got his TRV in the 3rd attempt then? Also, once he got his TRV did you guys applied for his open work permit or he went back ?

Thanks for your help :)
we applied once after we were married (June 2014) before submitting our PR application (outland) and once just before I had received sponsor approval (June 2015) as I had already purchased my ticket. When we applied for PR, we indicated that he had been refused a visa and refused admission (cause somewhere on this forum it was posted that a visa refusal also constitutes inadmissibility). We indicated the file number in the notes section of the form and included the "rejection letter". We didn't apply a third time as we have already received PPR for his PR visa (I assume...we still do not have the passport back yet).

He's never been to Canada - yet :).

Hopefully this helps.

C.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
chilkootcee said:
we applied once after we were married (June 2014) before submitting our PR application (outland) and once just before I had received sponsor approval (June 2015) as I had already purchased my ticket. When we applied for PR, we indicated that he had been refused a visa and refused admission (cause somewhere on this forum it was posted that a visa refusal also constitutes inadmissibility). We indicated the file number in the notes section of the form and included the "rejection letter". We didn't apply a third time as we have already received PPR for his PR visa (I assume...we still do not have the passport back yet).

He's never been to Canada - yet :).

Hopefully this helps.

C.
That's great, Congratulations to you guys !!!
did you travelled outside Canada at all after submitting sponsorship application ? you don't have to keep working while application is in process, is that correct?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
floesp said:
My Wife sponsored me and shez in Canada, I had got my AOR New Delhi, on 21 Sep 2015 and its says in process.. How much more time it will take.
It's going to be a while. Try checking out the New Delhi thread. It isn't the fastest VO unfortunately, you are probably looking at several more months assuming you don't need an interview.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2015-spousal-visa-applicants-t258676.5985.html

hope1987

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 17, 2014
AOR Received.
March 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question, I am ready to submit my spousal application this week. Just wondering if someone can help me in arranging the sequence of documents? Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I was planning to arrange the file in 3 parts,

1) Sponsor Forms, Passport Copy, PR Copy, Marriage Certificate, Option C, Bank Statement, Letter of Employment & Pay Stubs

2) Spousal Forms, Civil Id's (Passport Copy, Adhar Card & license), Pre-medical, Police Clearance, Appointment Letter, Pay Stubs, Birth Certificate & School Degrees

3) Supporting Docs - 150 Photos (Includes everything), Relationship Summary, Wedding Receipts, Engagement Receipts, Honeymoon Receipts, Whatsapp Chat history, Call history, FB Insta Updates and some other movie & restaurant receipts.

Are this sequence alright or someone has a better idea on how to arrange these docs?

Also, if someone could confirm the courier address if its 2 S Peck Drive, Mississauga? and if how much fees we need to pay and in what order?

Please let me know at the earliest convenience.

Thank you and awaiting for your positive response.

Sam & Sakshi

Amirloay

Feb 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Just wonder if anybody had submitted the application for sponsorship a spouse living outside Canada during the second week of January 2016 (11th to 15th Jan 2016) and had received the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) letter with the file number ?

Appreciate your cooperation,
Cheers,
Amir

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Amirloay said:
Hello Everyone,
Just wonder if anybody had submitted the application for sponsorship a spouse living outside Canada during the second week of January 2016 (11th to 15th Jan 2016) and had received the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) letter with the file number ?

Appreciate your cooperation,
Cheers,
Amir
It is unlikely that you will receive AOR soon and unlikely that anyone else has. AOR takes just about 2 months.

You can browse this thread to see if anyone there has received AOR and also ask there, but it doesn't look like anyone has: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2016-outland-spousal-applicants-t390783.120.html

Amirloay

Feb 8, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
It is unlikely that you will receive AOR soon and unlikely that anyone else has. AOR takes just about 2 months.

You can browse this thread to see if anyone there has received AOR and also ask there, but it doesn't look like anyone has.

Thanks a lot Decoy24601 for your prompt reply. I will check the link you have provided. I believe the AOR should be prior to 2 months as the latest information about the processing time of the Spouse living outside Canada's application on the CIC website shows 17 month including 60 days assessment of sponsor.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Amirloay said:
Thanks a lot Decoy24601 for your prompt reply. I will check the link you have provided. I believe the AOR should be prior to 2 months as the latest information about the processing time of the Spouse living outside Canada's application on the CIC website shows 17 month including 60 days assessment of sponsor.
FYI...there is no time frame for receiving AOR as in many cases AOR is never received and the first word people hear from CIC is SA....so it could be 30 days or 2 months or never....

I know...this doesn't help much

C.

Amirloay

Feb 8, 2016
chilkootcee said:
FYI...there is no time frame for receiving AOR as in many cases AOR is never received and the first word people hear from CIC is SA....so it could be 30 days or 2 months or never....

I know...this doesn't help much

C.
Actually it helped .. I didn't know about it at all .. Thanks for the info

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Amirloay said:
Decoy24601 said:
The 17 months is basically meaningless. The overall time depends on what VO your application goes to, and your personal situation. The 60 days is not an exact figure either. Some people never even get an AOR.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
hope1987 said:
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question, I am ready to submit my spousal application this week. Just wondering if someone can help me in arranging the sequence of documents? Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I was planning to arrange the file in 3 parts,

1) Sponsor Forms, Passport Copy, PR Copy, Marriage Certificate, Option C, Bank Statement, Letter of Employment & Pay Stubs

2) Spousal Forms, Civil Id's (Passport Copy, Adhar Card & license), Pre-medical, Police Clearance, Appointment Letter, Pay Stubs, Birth Certificate & School Degrees

3) Supporting Docs - 150 Photos (Includes everything), Relationship Summary, Wedding Receipts, Engagement Receipts, Honeymoon Receipts, Whatsapp Chat history, Call history, FB Insta Updates and some other movie & restaurant receipts.

Are this sequence alright or someone has a better idea on how to arrange these docs?

Also, if someone could confirm the courier address if its 2 S Peck Drive, Mississauga? and if how much fees we need to pay and in what order?

Please let me know at the earliest convenience.

Thank you and awaiting for your positive response.

Sam & Sakshi
The sequence looks good.Just ensure everything ends up in the same Envelope. but the truth is that when this application is received , CiC will open, look thru it and still put everything together however they want it.

The only reason why they asked everyone to arrange the documents carefully is so that is easier for them to check thru.