+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

MrJanevski

Jul 13, 2015
MrJanevski said:
Hello Everyone,

Me and my husband (who is my sponsor) aplied in April 2015. In July 2015 he reacived AOR email, and now (January 2016) I found AOR letter for me in our mail box.

Is this meaning something? Is normal procedure for everyone? Or maybe thay start with my application finaly?

Thank you

Any help?

Mardek

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
St Petersburg, Russia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 21-04-2016
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
File Transfer...
15-12-2015
Med's Done....
06-27-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: 05-07-2016
Passport Req..
24-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
MrJanevski said:
Any help?
Second AOR means that the VO got your application and will start processing it.

Mardek

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
St Petersburg, Russia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 21-04-2016
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
File Transfer...
15-12-2015
Med's Done....
06-27-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: 05-07-2016
Passport Req..
24-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
mirko86 said:
You are free to move, however you have to notify CIC

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
hello. does anyone know how to get original fingerprints done in india. its needed for the police clearance certificate for middle east countries. my husband needs the police clearance certficate but we dont have a copy of his fingerprints. any advice?

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I will soon start gathering all the paper work needed for the Spousal Sponsorship.
I'm currently living/studying in Belgium with my common law partner (Belgian citizen) and have been so the past year and half (2 years in August)
Been together for 3 years, know each other for 4.
Our timeline to land is not until end of August/beginning of September 2017.
When do you guys think we should send in our applications?
Last time I checked Paris's Canadian Embassy has the shortest processing time of 8 months, but since CIC switched it to a new 17 months (average for all countries) now I'm not so sure.

Thank you all so much! x

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hello all,
I'm confused regarding my immigration procedure. My husband is a PR . I applied for spousal PR and CIC has received my application. Now we moved from Alberta , my husband works in Ontario and I got a job in Quebec . Even though we visit each other every week, we know that we have to live at the same address for spousal sponsorship. We are confused about which move would be better for our immigration . Either I move to Ontario by finding a job or my husband move here to Quebec by finding a job HuhHuh?? Also my work permit is going to expire soon. I'm wondering if I have to get CAQ before applying for my work permit under spousal category?Huh?? I have an open work permit already which I obtained by studying masters degree in Canada . I have it valid for 6 more months . If I want to extend work permit should I have to apply for bridging work permit or work permit under spousal category HuhHuh

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Been 4 years and 3 months since I applied for inland sponsorship. Been in background checks for 3 years and 5 months. I have decided to go to court for issuance of mandamus. Will be sending the 30 day notice this wednesday!. Wish me luck people.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bm2015 said:
Hello all,
I'm confused regarding my immigration procedure. My husband is a PR . I applied for spousal PR and CIC has received my application. Now we moved from Alberta , my husband works in Ontario and I got a job in Quebec . Even though we visit each other every week, we know that we have to live at the same address for spousal sponsorship. We are confused about which move would be better for our immigration . Either I move to Ontario by finding a job or my husband move here to Quebec by finding a job HuhHuh?? Also my work permit is going to expire soon. I'm wondering if I have to get CAQ before applying for my work permit under spousal category?Huh?? I have an open work permit already which I obtained by studying masters degree in Canada . I have it valid for 6 more months . If I want to extend work permit should I have to apply for bridging work permit or work permit under spousal category HuhHuh
Did you apply inland? If you did apply inland, then it is very important that you be living at the same address - otherwise this may create issues for your application. Whether you both move to Quebec or both move to Ontario is up to you. You don't qualify for a bridging open work permit. If you applied inland, then you can apply for an open work permit based on your inland application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
oneesaenv said:
I'm new here and I will soon start gathering all the paper work needed for the Spousal Sponsorship.
I'm currently living/studying in Belgium with my common law partner (Belgian citizen) and have been so the past year and half (2 years in August)
Been together for 3 years, know each other for 4.
Our timeline to land is not until end of August/beginning of September 2017.
When do you guys think we should send in our applications?
Last time I checked Paris's Canadian Embassy has the shortest processing time of 8 months, but since CIC switched it to a new 17 months (average for all countries) now I'm not so sure.
Assume processing will take aroiund 8 months - not 17.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
satch said:
I am on a visitor visa in Ontario since July 2014. I recently applied for my second extension of my visitor visa. Now me and my boyfriend who is a Canadian citizen found out that I am pregnant. We are planning on getting married soon so he can sponsor me. Financially we are thankfully stable since I heard giving birth in Canada can cost up to 10.000$. My question is if we get married how long does it take for me to get OHIP? Also do you have any advice on how we have to start the whole process of applying for spousal sponsorship? How are your experience with giving birth in Canada without OHIP?
Unfortunately there is no way you will have OHIP coverage before the birth of your baby. Getting married won't get you OHIP coverage. Also, because you are already pregnant, it's too late to obtain any sort of insurance to cover the birth. So your choices are to have the baby here and pay for the birth on your own (you can reduce the costs significantly by having the baby at home with the help of a midwife) - or to have the baby back in Germany.

You can get OHIP coverage one of two ways. Once you are married, if your boyfriend sponsors you using the inland route, you'll have OHIP around 16 months after the application is submitted (when your application receives first stage approval). If you apply outland, you need to wait until you have actually been approved for PR, have landed and become a permanent resident of Canada, and then have lived in Canada for three months after becoming a PR before you'll have access to OHIP. While the outland process is much faster than inland, you won't be able to complete it until after you give birth since the medical requires an x-ray which can harm your unborn child. So again, unfortunately there's no way you'll have OHIP coverage by the time the baby is born.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Help help help please

Just wondering if the day i put in an application for my divorce is a legal proof that i have been separated from my ex on that particular day...

We were also leaving separtely even before i put in the divorce..Will Cic see that as a proof of legal separation.

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
Siempreamor said:
How does CIC provide you with permanent residency? Do they make you book an appointment at boarder crossing or at the airport? I'm hoping that our application process ends soon. It's been about 11 months since we applied. Thank you for your advise.
No, you don't make an appointment. You just arrive either at an airport or border crossing, and tell the immigration officer that you are landing. They will direct who to talk to, there is a mini-interview, they ask you very few questions, and you need to provide them a mailing address in Canada, where your Permanent Resident card is going to be mailed. Currently, the card is taking 105 days to be processed from the day of landing.

SGMA

Jan 22, 2016
Hello!
We have been patiently waiting for our file to run its course through this VERY long process of inland sponsorship (I am sponsoring my Moroccan husband)...We sent our file May 2014, it was returned to us in August 2014 due to an expired form. The file was confirmed received again September 2014.
Fast forward to December 2015, we received emails and a letter advising we have both met the requirements for sponsorship, but a few supporting documents were needed by January 19, 2016.
We sent the documents via courier right away and last week my husband had a call from the Canadian embassy in Rabat, Morocco to go over a few details.
We Were hoping this date of January 19th meant they would be making a decision soon?! Any insight would be great.
Thanks!

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
My husband has sponsored me. I did inland application.I'm in working in quebec. My husband works in ontario. He is quitting his job next month to join me in quebec as we have to be in the same address.
1. My husband quitting his job is going to affect my PR process??
2. I'm yet to apply my open work permit as my current work permit is about to expire. Do I need CAQ for work permit application?
3. We might leave the country for a month during my process. Is it safe to leave and come back?