+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

roy1107

Feb 1, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I need some advice from the someone who had been in same situation or has any idea on what to do? I am Canadian PR, Indian and working in Canada and about to get married in 2 weeks in India.
My fiancee already has a tourist visa (single entry valid for 6 months). I am planning to bring her along with me and apply for her PR from Canada.
My Concerns are -
1) Should she say at immigration at arrival that she is here to stay with her husband or she should say she is here to visit a friend?
2) Should we go at the immigration at arrival together and tell them she is my wife, she has tourist visa and i will be going to apply for her inland PR?
2) Will i be able to extend her tourist visa ?
3) Will there be any issue in applying her PR, as i hope they might not point out that she applied tourist PR on invitation letter from a friend?

Thanks in Advance

Doc123doc

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 4th 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 24th 2015
File Transfer...
Jan 12th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Oct 16th 2015
Hi all,

I have a question, can someone please advise regarding it:

-Can the principle applicant (person being sponsored that is) travel outside their country for study purposes for around 6 months during the time their sponsorship application is in process?

-Also, is it possible to extend the visa for 6 months more from the time of medical to accommodate someone who is finishing their studies and needs a little bit more time to wrap things up?

-if the visa does get extended, does that anyhow interfere with the sponsorship process other then lengthening it pass the medical time.

Thank you for the help guys!! and good luck to all of us waiting.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Doc123doc said:
-Can the principle applicant (person being sponsored that is) travel outside their country for study purposes for around 6 months during the time their sponsorship application is in process?
-Also, is it possible to extend the visa for 6 months more from the time of medical to accommodate someone who is finishing their studies and needs a little bit more time to wrap things up?
-if the visa does get extended, does that anyhow interfere with the sponsorship process other then lengthening it pass the medical time.
Yes - the primary applicant can study outside of their country (assuming this is an outland application).
No - CIC won't extend the PR visa for this reason. If the applicant's studies are not complete, they will have to travel to Canada to land before the expiry date on their visa and then leave again to complete their studies.

sikalupi

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 18-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
A simple doubt on Question n. 9 of IMM5490 (Spouse questionnaire - Development of relationship).

I will attach photos, train tickets and plane tickets. Some of the latter are not in english, even if I think those are understandable without a proper translation, is it better to get those documents translated? Can I translate it myself or do I have to do a cert. translation?

ty

mdk

Jan 4, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2016
Hi all,

my spousal application was successfully transfered to Delhi, India but after evening yesterday my spouse recieved an email quoted her file number like,

" In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.

Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country."

I have submitted both of this document when I made the application so what is it about and if I have to submit again where to submit these documents at here in Misissauga Canada or at delhi ?

if delhi can anyone provide me whats the address is ?

thanks.
mdk

ccsunset1

Mar 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
I am living in Hong Kong and my husband is a Canadian. We just got married for 2 weeks (in Canada) and my husband wants to sponsor me to come to Canada. We have the following questions:

1) We are not sure if we should apply inside or outside Canada.

2) Since we communicate on skype most of the time in the past 5 years and I visited him once each year since we are in a relationship, we do not have phone bills to prove that our relationship are geniune, what can we do?

3) My husband is currently unemployed, but we do have a house and some savings, does this affect the application?

We appreciate if anyone could give us some advice. Thanks

BrettyMac

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2016 (visa exempt)
Abuelita said:
No, you don't make an appointment. You just arrive either at an airport or border crossing, and tell the immigration officer that you are landing. They will direct who to talk to, there is a mini-interview, they ask you very few questions, and you need to provide them a mailing address in Canada, where your Permanent Resident card is going to be mailed. Currently, the card is taking 105 days to be processed from the day of landing.
Hi there!
I just want to clarify because I have a similar question about how the PR will (hopefully) be provided. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my German boyfriend. We would like to go travelling for a few months before we move back to Canada though. Is there a chance they are going to ask for him to send his passport in? I assume he is visa-exempt, being German, so does that just mean the PR process will just happen at the airport when we arrive without him having to send his passport in? (assuming of course we've been approved)
Thanks for any help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
BrettyMac said:
Hi there!
I just want to clarify because I have a similar question about how the PR will (hopefully) be provided. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my German boyfriend. We would like to go travelling for a few months before we move back to Canada though. Is there a chance they are going to ask for him to send his passport in? I assume he is visa-exempt, being German, so does that just mean the PR process will just happen at the airport when we arrive without him having to send his passport in? (assuming of course we've been approved)
Thanks for any help!
No - they won't ask for his passport to be submitted. Not required since he's visa exempt.

BrettyMac

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2016 (visa exempt)
Wonderful - thanks for the info scylla! :)

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
mdk said:
Hi all,

my spousal application was successfully transfered to Delhi, India but after evening yesterday my spouse recieved an email quoted her file number like,

" In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.

Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country."

I have submitted both of this document when I made the application so what is it about and if I have to submit again where to submit these documents at here in Misissauga Canada or at delhi ?

if delhi can anyone provide me whats the address is ?

thanks.
mdk
I will advise you to go thru the email once again - usually CiC will provide an address at which the documents can be submitted. Either by email or Physical address

But in any case- since ur file is now at the Delhi V. office, u will have to submit there. Not Mississauga.

Add:
Canada Visa Application Centre
VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level,
Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place
New Delhi-110001
DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

M2malik

Feb 2, 2016
Hi,

I have applied for my wife as an Outland application, the process has been speedy and I have been in contact with the London visa office through my local mp's office. My application has now been put in a queue for an interview. And after doing some research on this forum it looks like it's going to be about the validity of my relationship. The things I am worrie about are that I didn't spend too much time (3 days) with my wife after the marriage, as the plans got delayed and I couldn't stay in Pakistan any longer. Secondly I Waited a year to apply for the application. And thirdly I haven't visited since the time I have applied or taken any trips with my wife.
Would like to get some opinions from brothers and sisters on how my wife should tackle these questions during the interview
And me visiting Pakistan makes a difference or not

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Hi! I need some advise. I am sponsoring my husband via the Outland sponsorship route. My husband is American and I'm Canadian. Our application is at permanent residency in progress. We checked the status of our application and noticed that they recently sent us correspondence which our representative hasn't received. I was told to send a case inquiry. We were wondering how long does it take them to reply.
Thank you for your assistance. We really appreciate it.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
Hi All,

I have a Quick question !!!
if someone got their PR but haven't received their PR Card yet. Can they still sponsor their Spouse or have to wait for PR Card?

Thanks,

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Wena05 said:
Hey guys pls... Help me how long usually process the visa my medical is done last september 2015
You need to give more information (such as your VO, when you applied etc) however every case is different and there's no way to know exactly how long it will take.