+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Lululemon21

Jan 12, 2016
Hi, we are planning to submit an outland application, my common-law husband will sponsor me. I just have a question. He is divorced PR and i am still married in my country(but separated). We have been living together for 2 yrs now in Canada, will my being still married back home affect our application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Lululemon21 said:
Hi, we are planning to submit an outland application, my common-law husband will sponsor me. I just have a question. He is divorced PR and i am still married in my country(but separated). We have been living together for 2 yrs now in Canada, will my being still married back home affect our application?
No - it won't.

rishabh.agg

Jan 11, 2016
scylla said:
She can apply for a tourist visa now. If the toursit visa is approved, once you are married, she can come to Canada as a visitor and you can sponsor her for PR using the inland/OWP route.
Thanks you so much Scylla. Just one more question.

if she applies for a tourist visa right now (as single) and then travel along with me and once we are here we say that we are married wont they (CIC) raise a question on that ?

I mean tourist visa will be issued when she is single and at the time of travel her status would be married?

thanks

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
rishabh.agg said:
Thanks you so much Scylla. Just one more question.

if she applies for a tourist visa right now (as single) and then travel along with me and once we are here we say that we are married wont they (CIC) raise a question on that ?

I mean tourist visa will be issued when she is single and at the time of travel her status would be married?

thanks
it doesn't matter till your marriage is genuine and true
Getting an TRV on single status would need lot of proofs though like strong travel history and a stable good job in the country of residence
Good Luck

rishabh.agg

Jan 11, 2016
jaytanz said:
it doesn't matter till your marriage is genuine and true
Getting an TRV on single status would need lot of proofs though like strong travel history and a stable good job in the country of residence
Good Luck
Thanks alot Jaytanz Bro....having that been said, I think its better to apply for her TRV once we get married. But then going through the forum, I am getting a feeling that there is a strong chance of rejection under both the cases? What do you suggest....and I am totally in love with your signature `Distance is to love what wind is to fire,Extinguishes the small,"Ignites the great"...:) jai shree krishna

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
rishabh.agg said:
Thanks alot Jaytanz Bro....having that been said, I think its better to apply for her TRV once we get married. But then going through the forum, I am getting a feeling that there is a strong chance of rejection under both the cases? What do you suggest....and I am totally in love with your signature `Distance is to love what wind is to fire,Extinguishes the small,"Ignites the great"...:) jai shree krishna
Try applying online trv only if your fiance has strong ties to her current country of residence
This can be shown through stable job with proof of salary slip for past six months,salary certificate and property named after the applicant

Landy67

Dec 1, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2015
Has anyone on this thread used Canada Post for a successful delivery to Mississauga?

Of course I have heard the horror stories of items being mislaid etc, but am keen to know if anyone can confirm successful delivery to CPC Mississauga using Canada Post?

(FYI - I sent my application from Australia in late November 2015, via Registered Post, but have heard nothing).

Cheers

Landy67

Lululemon21

Jan 12, 2016
scylla said:
No - it won't.

Thank you scylla! My legal consultant insists that it will be questionable to the cic officer as to why i'm still married back home.
Has anyone here applied with the same situation as me and got approved?

kau

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Family/Spousal Sponsorshp
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 April 2016
AOR Received.
4 May 2016
Med's Done....
29 March 2016
Hey all!

I am new to this threat but not to this forum!

I filed my PR application through this forum.

Now I am going to get married soon and want to prepare file for my spouse from out-land.

Can anybody suggest which forms should I need to consider?

Or what things I need to prepare so that when ll be back can file application asap.

Thanks,
Kau

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Landy67 said:
Has anyone on this thread used Canada Post for a successful delivery to Mississauga?

Of course I have heard the horror stories of items being mislaid etc, but am keen to know if anyone can confirm successful delivery to CPC Mississauga using Canada Post?

(FYI - I sent my application from Australia in late November 2015, via Registered Post, but have heard nothing).

Cheers

Landy67
Yes - of course. Many have successfully used Canada Post.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Lululemon21 said:
Thank you scylla! My legal consultant insists that it will be questionable to the cic officer as to why i'm still married back home.
My friend did it 5 yrs ago. He went through lawyer stuff in Philippines and that it took a little while than the usual but he got his PR. If I were you I'd do some research it's better sure than sorry

Lululemon21

Jan 12, 2016
9symmerty said:
My friend did it 5 yrs ago. He went through lawyer stuff in Philippines and that it took a little while than the usual but he got his PR. If I were you I'd do some research it's better sure than sorry
Hi, what do you mean your friend did it 5 yrs ago? Did he apply for commom-law sponsorship while still married in his country?

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
BIG RED FLAG !!!

Background check will reveal that you are still married in your home country...Bigamy...resulting in REJECTION and possible 5 yrs ban.

Yes, it will affect your application negatively.

Why don't you divorce officially?

If you mention that you have never been married before, that will be misrepresentation.

Otherwise, you need to provide a divorce certificate to convince CIC.

Lululemon21 said:

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know of a few cases who got rejected becasue CIC found out during Background check that they were still legally married.

Your legal consultant is very correct.

I don't know of anyone with a similar situation who got an approval.

Except the new government recognizes bigamy :eek: :eek:

Lululemon21 said:

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Lululemon21 said:
Hi, what do you mean your friend did it 5 yrs ago? Did he apply for commom-law sponsorship while still married in his country?
No actually he got married here and applied for Spousal and there's also another one on this forum who was inquiring on how to get his wife deported and get her permanent residence revoked because after she got her pr, he later then found out that she was in fact married when they got married and still is and planning of sponsoring her real husband and kids. Im not an expert, just saying that I know someone who did it..