26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
manharnarang said:
Can i do this after i receive my passport stamped.
As she is in US right now, would she need a FBI clearance certificate?
Would there be any risk for my PR in case anything goes wrong?
You're really better off asking these questions in the EE section.

Yes, she would need an FBI clearance. If she is inadmissible, then so are you.

akumar1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
Hi Guys,

I have my wife who is an Canadian PR sponsor me for PR.
My question\doubts is :

A. I do not have a birth certificate. I might have lost or never had one from the country of my birth (India).
1. do I need to submit my birth certificate proof when being sponsored by the spouse?
2. If yes, then can there be an alternative to this document?

B. The FBI clearance which I obtained last year in 2014. I am in US since last few years on work visa and a Citizen of another country:
1. Are FBI clearance valid for any specific time period?
2. Since I have not gone out and come back to live again in US since I last obtained my FBI clearance, should that earlier work?

Someone in the forum helped me by replying:

If you have not returned to the U.S. to live, since the original FBI IHSR was issued, you should be fine. CIC changed/extended the validity of police clearances:

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

(source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp)

sydneysider87

Jan 13, 2016
Hello all!
I was hoping if anyone had any information on Facebook chats as a proof of relationship with your application? My sponsor and I have over 14,000 Facebook messages sent between us, I can't print them all. How many is a good enough example?

Would love your feedback!

Waheguru

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
**URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT**
Hi to all,
Please seniors help me … :-
I am a Canadian PR and living in Canada. I am getting married in March this year and girl is on a student visa in USA (She is Indian Citizen).
Can you tell me how to go about in filing her application, as she will be in usa for next 1 year and we will be getting married in USA only in March 2016 this year.
Questions:-

1) Which Visa office should I select??
2) What is the normal waiting time for spouse now a days for getting a PR??
3) My Marriage will be registered in States, does it affect the application??

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Waheguru said:
**URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT**
Hi to all,
Please seniors help me ... :-
I am a Canadian PR and living in Canada. I am getting married in March this year and girl is on a student visa in USA (She is Indian Citizen).
Can you tell me how to go about in filing her application, as she will be in usa for next 1 year and we will be getting married in USA only in March 2016 this year.
Questions:-

1) Which Visa office should I select??
2) What is the normal waiting time for spouse now a days for getting a PR??
3) My Marriage will be registered in States, does it affect the application??
1) There is no option to select the visa office. CIC will do that for you.
2) Around a year seems to be about right.
3) No.

pavelB

Sep 6, 2015
I was shocked and the accompanying spouse is not so simple. 3months ago I received email that I've got visa's and I should wait and pay for my spouse also ,even though I selected her as non-accompanying. I've done that and then today bam, message from Ottawa that my points for EE, etc would be recalculated and if I want to get her along with me to get them within 7 days diploma and also language test results otherwise I would have less points and even I wouldn't get PR. No one ever told me, nor told me to provide anything when they have made decision we are getting both PR/requested PR payment for her and now they pushed me against the wall with 7 day deadline :eek:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pavelB said:
I was shocked and the accompanying spouse is not so simple. 3months ago I received email that I've got visa's and I should wait and pay for my spouse also ,even though I selected her as non-accompanying. I've done that and then today bam, message from Ottawa that my points for EE, etc would be recalculated and if I want to get her along with me to get them within 7 days diploma and also language test results otherwise I would have less points and even I wouldn't get PR. No one ever told me, nor told me to provide anything when they have made decision we are getting both PR/requested PR payment for her and now they pushed me against the wall with 7 day deadline :eek:
You're posting in the wrong section. You should be posting your questions to the Express Entry section of the forum.

Tahiti2012

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Oct 06, 2016
LANDED..........
07/11/2016
scylla said:
You're posting in the wrong section. You should be posting your questions to the Express Entry section of the forum.
AGREED. WRONG PAGE.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mrsalcala said:
Question has anyone just reapplied after an denied PR attempt? The lawyer said I could do that but is it successful at all
Yes - you can certainly reapply instead of appealing. You'll want to present new / stronger evidence in the second application.

11DreamWeaver

Jan 14, 2016
Hi is anyone able to assist me. I live in Qatar, Canadian passport graduated U of Alberta. Teaching at Qatar Foundation. Father passed away. Moving my family back to Kamloops and our boys are on Canadian passport born here in Qatar but my wife is still on her Ugandan passport. natural mother of our children. my only wife ever. need to get home. Legally married have all documents, pictures,etc. buT i want to know if its better to apply for her PR now OUT OF CANADA or wait till we get to Canada.

Very Kindly,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
11DreamWeaver said:
Hi is anyone able to assist me. I live in Qatar, Canadian passport graduated U of Alberta. Teaching at Qatar Foundation. Father passed away. Moving my family back to Kamloops and our boys are on Canadian passport born here in Qatar but my wife is still on her Ugandan passport. natural mother of our children. my only wife ever. need to get home. Legally married have all documents, pictures,etc. buT i want to know if its better to apply for her PR now OUT OF CANADA or wait till we get to Canada.

Very Kindly,
Does she already have an approved TRV?

StevanK

Jan 14, 2016
Hey guys. I'm new here, but the forum has helped me a lot. I am a Canadian, currently living in Serbia. I have sent a Spousal Sponsorship Application for my wife and now I'm waiting. I want to share the following info with you from my ecas:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on October 26, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 5, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on January 11, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

From what I learned, this hopefully means that they have approved my wife for PR and we are now awaiting for them to return her passport so that we can move to Toronto (Correct me if I'm wrong). My only concern is this; is this moving too fast?? Also, does anyone happen to know how soon we can expect my wife's passport to return? (Post tracking service stated that it was delivered to Vienna yesterday).

Any comment is welcome!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll have to wait until you receive the letter. It's possible they may be asking you for additional information to proceed with the processing of your file. For example, since you are living in Serbia, it's possible they may be contacting you to ask that you provide additional evidence to prove you plan to relocate to Canada once the PR visa is approved.

StevanK

Jan 14, 2016
scylla said:
You'll have to wait until you receive the letter. It's possible they may be asking you for additional information to proceed with the processing of your file. For example, since you are living in Serbia, it's possible they may be contacting you to ask that you provide additional evidence to prove you plan to relocate to Canada once the PR visa is approved.
Whoops, I forgot to mention that. They sent an email requesting my wife's original passport to be mailed into Vienna on January 11th. In the same letter, they asked us to let them know if any family change has occurred, proof of payment (I assume that's the $1040 receipt that we got once we paid the full fees) and two photographs. So we mailed that on the same day (January 11th, and they received it yesterday, on the 13th...or so the post tracking service says)