28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
GURI.D.CHD said:
I have Canada Permanent residency. I am living and working in US right now. I got married last month. My spouse and me are both in US.
I was thinking of sponsoring my spouse while we stay in US (we both have jobs here but we do not have Green Card for US).

I got to know that only citizens can apply from outside Canada. Is there any exception that I(only PR not Citizen) can still go ahead and submit the application?

Please guide me. I need help.

Thanks,
Guri
The exception only applies to Canadian citizens. Since you are a PR you must be living in Canada to submit the application and must continue living in Canada while the application is being processed (until it is approved).

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Jewel said:
My sister in law (living in Canada- PR since April, 2012) applied for her Bangladeshi husband through out land process around 6 months ago, initially application was sent to Mississauga and after approval this was forwarded to Singapore, now Singapore sent a letter that her spouse in their interview list and has to wait for the interview, minimum waiting time is 24 month and advised not to contact them during this period.

my sister in law has been working (part time) but she can not speak properly (though psychically sound and good looking), she is not under any Canada govt allowances/assistance.

Do you have any idea why CIC targeted her spouse for interview ? is this normal ? Do you think 24 months waiting time are normal for CIC Singapore ?

would appreciate your advise...
That seems like a very short period of time to already be in the interview queue, but I guess it's better to get in quick rather than having it dragged out for a year waiting and THEN find out you have to wait for another 24 months. Unfortunately the 24 months is accurate as I believe Singapore VO only conducted interviews at certain times of the year.

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
For IMM5669, when you have to list your personal history, am I correct in saying that if I was employed at the time so I put

Employed at '*****' 15/05/2010 - 01/01/2012

If i went on some little week long holidays during that period to other countries those do not have to be included seperately in my personal history do they?

MKayes

Jan 14, 2015
    • Dear Senior and Experts,

I'm seeking your kind guidance regarding my spousal application.

I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident and has been here from May, 2015. Right now I'm working with one of the major Canadian Bank.

My fiance lives in Bangladesh (assigned VO is Singapore) and I would like to apply for Outland Spousal Application right after our marriage.

My queries are -

---Should I will be eligible for open work permit?

---What is the prospect for getting a Visit Visa if we will apply for TRV after sending the main immigration application?

I will really appreciate your response.

Thanks
      Kayes

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MKayes said:
    • Dear Senior and Experts,

I'm seeking your kind guidance regarding my spousal application.

I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident and has been here from May, 2015. Right now I'm working with one of the major Canadian Bank.

My fiance lives in Bangladesh (assigned VO is Singapore) and I would like to apply for Outland Spousal Application right after our marriage.

My queries are -

---Should I will be eligible for open work permit?

---What is the prospect for getting a Visit Visa if we will apply for TRV after sending the main immigration application?

I will really appreciate your response.

Thanks
      Kayes
She doesn't qualify for an open work permit.

You can certainly try applying for a TRV. Unfortunately the chances are quite high it will be refused. But you can certainly give it a try.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Hello Guys,

I kind of need some guidance and tips in regards to my situation. Mashallah by the grace of Allah, my wife received her visa to enter Canada and her medical is expiring this year in May. However, I am currently living in Edmonton and I got a new house which i will get the possession of that house in August this year. Therefore, I was thinking of letting my wife come to Canada in April (before her medical expires). The thing is that she has relatives in Toronto and I was thinking of letting her immigration done in Toronto and she will go back to Pakistan after spending time with me and her relatives in Toronto for a week. Then I will go to Pakistan again in August or July and bring he with me to Edmonton when my house will be ready. So my concerns are as follows:
1. Is this a good idea?
2. Will the immigration officers in Toronto give her hard time as to why is she landing in Toronto and NOT in Edmonton? Remember I will be in Toronto to receive her.
3. Will it cause any issues if she comes to Toronto to enter before her medical expires and then travels back to Pakistan and comes back with me again in August to Edmonton?
4. So when I will go back to pick her up again in August and come back to Edmonton, will the officers give any trouble or issues both in Canada and Pakistan?
5. Is her traveling alone a good idea from Pakistan?

I would really appreciate if someone can guide me in the right direction. I am really hoping that she doesnt run into any troubles. Please let me know. Thank you very much!

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
subtain said:
Hi all,

Is it only me or everyone has noticed the change in processing times and how they are displayed online on CIC website.

Now they no longer show spousal sponsorship processing times per VO. They only show inside or outside Canada Angry

No idea why would they do that.

Is anyone able to explain this??

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
honeymelon said:
Is anyone able to explain this??
We also have no idea why they would do that. But as an independent body on it own, cic reserves the right to change the way processing times are displayed on its website.

Just so you know, 17, 18 or 26 months, doesn't necessarily mean all applications would take that long, but its more of a cap - which means worse case scenario and most applications - am sure- would be completed before that time.

Rey D

Jan 10, 2016
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
CIC Vancouver
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Interview........
21-01-2016 CIC Vancouver
LANDED..........
21-01-2016 CIC Vancouver
britincanada said:
Great thread..so glad to see its a Sticky!! :D There are also other reasons for being called in for an interview! One being to check admissibility..I am fully expecting an interview for this reason..I overstayed my VR a few years ago so may get called into an interview to decided if I am admissible or not..
What happened after your interview? we have the same case too. I got refused my work permit extension but we sent and received with file number before I got refused. Now, got an Approval in Princple and asked to pay RPRF and later Decision Made but CBSA mailed me for interview in Kamloops Airport , BC for did not going home and on CBSA opinion I am inadmissible for not leaving the country after the period authorized during my stay.

mdk

Jan 4, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2016
Hi Guys,
My application for wifes sponsarship was received by cic from CANADA Post on the 20th NOV, since that I didn't receive any email. NO AOR... Can someone please give me an idea what I need to do. Thanx

rishabh.agg

Jan 11, 2016
hey Guys, need your help with something. I am a new permanent resident landed on 28th July 2015. With god's grace, I got a nice job in one of the reputed companies.
Now I am going back to my home country(India) in April 2015 to get married to my girlfriend and will be back in May 2015. Please let me know what all options do I have to bring my wife to Canada with me as soon as possible.

I am assuming if I apply for an outland application, it would take about 10-15 months for her to get Permanent resident visa and come here...Is there any other option that I have??

I am thinking what if she comes along with me as a tourist. Can I apply for inland application and ask for a work permit aswell? Can I ask her to apply for a tourist visa right now ; or we need to wait until we get married to apply for her tourist visa? Does CIC approves tourist visa in these cases? what chances do I have?

Please help guys. Thanks everyone.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rishabh.agg said:
hey Guys, need your help with something. I am a new permanent resident landed on 28th July 2015. With god's grace, I got a nice job in one of the reputed companies.
Now I am going back to my home country(India) in April 2015 to get married to my girlfriend and will be back in May 2015. Please let me know what all options do I have to bring my wife to Canada with me as soon as possible.

I am assuming if I apply for an outland application, it would take about 10-15 months for her to get Permanent resident visa and come here...Is there any other option that I have??

I am thinking what if she comes along with me as a tourist. Can I apply for inland application and ask for a work permit aswell? Can I ask her to apply for a tourist visa right now ; or we need to wait until we get married to apply for her tourist visa? Does CIC approves tourist visa in these cases? what chances do I have?

Please help guys. Thanks everyone.
She can apply for a tourist visa now. If the toursit visa is approved, once you are married, she can come to Canada as a visitor and you can sponsor her for PR using the inland/OWP route.

GURI.D.CHD

Mar 5, 2014
Is there any way or exception for me to add from US (me being on PR)?

scylla said:
The exception only applies to Canadian citizens. Since you are a PR you must be living in Canada to submit the application and must continue living in Canada while the application is being processed (until it is approved).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
GURI.D.CHD said:
Is there any way or exception for me to add from US (me being on PR)?
No, there are no exceptions. If you want to sponsor your spouse, you must reside in Canada throughout the entire process.

mdk

Jan 4, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2016
Aquakitty said:
Have you checked ECAS?
how can I check ECAS without any identification number ?