+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

val____val

Nov 30, 2015
Hello!

Me and my husband got married 9 months ago (january 2015). Befor marriage i've been in canada for 6 month as a tourist. He is a PR. Application for sponsorship and PR has been recieved on April 24 2015 and i've got an open work permit on July 30 2015. So approximately i have 20 more month till my conditional PR and 2 more years after to get PR.

Im just searching for some information about our future interview, investigations ets... Im aware about immigration process and all its steps. I just would like to hear some real stories from real people: when immigration representatives did come over to the place, what they did, what they asked; when was interview, what questions; conversation with officer who accepts CPR; what kind of investigation after conditional PR ets...

im sure there were many people who have already written this here above...the forum is just huge... I would be gratefull for any link!!!!

THANK YOU!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
val____val said:
Hello!

Me and my husband got married 9 months ago (january 2015). Befor marriage i've been in canada for 6 month as a tourist. He is a PR. Application for sponsorship and PR has been recieved on April 24 2015 and i've got an open work permit on July 30 2015. So approximately i have 20 more month till my conditional PR and 2 more years after to get PR.

Im just searching for some information about our future interview, investigations ets... Im aware about immigration process and all its steps. I just would like to hear some real stories from real people: when immigration representatives did come over to the place, what they did, what they asked; when was interview, what questions; conversation with officer who accepts CPR; what kind of investigation after conditional PR ets...

im sure there were many people who have already written this here above...the forum is just huge... I would be gratefull for any link!!!!

THANK YOU!
Unfortunately the process is still too new for us to answer that question. I think we'll have a better idea in a year or two once more people start hitting the two year mark after receiving conditional PR.

Coolnspicy

Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2016
Nomination.....
CSQ ISSUED 25/04/2016
AOR Received.
18/03/2016, SA Recieved 22/03/2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
26/10/2016
Good day all . Please I would like to get information on the steps to process a Spousal sponsorship from Quebec. I am a permanent resident and I want to sponsor my husband. What are the forms to send to CIC for the sponsorship approval?
thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Coolnspicy said:
Good day all . Please I would like to get information on the steps to process a Spousal sponsorship from Quebec. I am a permanent resident and I want to sponsor my husband. What are the forms to send to CIC for the sponsorship approval?
thank you
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
scylla said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp
Hi seniors please guide
I am a PR and acquired the status through FSW 2014 program on 9th sept 2015. I am planning to get married in april 2016 is it possible for me to apply PR for my spouse as well, in the same year. As i am pretty new to canada and i have a (part time) survival job. Is it still possible for me to sponser my spouse ? Please guys i am new to family sponsorship, i will really appreciate your guidance.
Thank you all for creating such a helpful thread.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akhurana487 said:
Hi seniors please guide
I am a PR and acquired the status through FSW 2014 program on 9th sept 2015. I am planning to get married in april 2016 is it possible for me to apply PR for my spouse as well, in the same year. As i am pretty new to canada and i have a (part time) survival job. Is it still possible for me to sponser my spouse ? Please guys i am new to family sponsorship, i will really appreciate your guidance.
Thank you all for creating such a helpful thread.
As long as you and your spouse had not previously lived together (anywhere) for one full year before you landed as a PR, you will be able to sponsor him/her after you are married.

Since you are not a Canadian citizen, you must stay in Canada during the process, except for short visits outside of Canada. You just need to decide if you want to submit an Inland application, or an Outland application (which can be submitted even if the applicant is IN Canada).

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
Ponga said:
As long as you and your spouse had not previously lived together (anywhere) for one full year before you landed as a PR, you will be able to sponsor him/her after you are married.

Since you are not a Canadian citizen, you must stay in Canada during the process, except for short visits outside of Canada. You just need to decide if you want to submit an Inland application, or an Outland application (which can be submitted even if the applicant is IN Canada).
Oh thank you so much for your response ponga. As my TO BE WIFE is in india and we have never lived togethar (anywhere) i will be applying for OUTLAND sponsorship. I have heard outland is faster and NDVO, the visa office of india, is pretty fast in processing as well. So irrespective of my low salary is it still possible to sponser my spouse? I am struggling to find a job in my own field but i do have a survival job and hours i get in my job on weekly bases varies with every week. So is it safe to file a PR for my TO BE WIFE ? as i read in the forms checklist about the evidence of being employed for last 12 months. and its been two months i have been employed with my employer. Low salary of mine can be the reason of the rejection of my spouse`s case ? i am really confused on that. thank you for your response.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
akhurana487 said:
Oh thank you so much for your response ponga. As my TO BE WIFE is in india and we have never lived togethar (anywhere) i will be applying for OUTLAND sponsorship. I have heard outland is faster and NDVO, the visa office of india, is pretty fast in processing as well. So irrespective of my low salary is it still possible to sponser my spouse? I am struggling to find a job in my own field but i do have a survival job and hours i get in my job on weekly bases varies with every week. So is it safe to file a PR for my TO BE WIFE ? as i read in the forms checklist about the evidence of being employed for last 12 months. and its been two months i have been employed with my employer. Low salary of mine can be the reason of the rejection of my spouse`s case ? i am really confused on that. thank you for your response.
You have to be married before you actually apply, but you can start gathering the documents now. There is no financial requirement for spousal sponsorship, but at the same time you have to show and explain how you will support yourselves in Canada.

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
Aquakitty said:
You have to be married before you actually apply, but you can start gathering the documents now. There is no financial requirement for spousal sponsorship, but at the same time you have to show and explain how you will support yourselves in Canada.
Thank you that is a relief. Can i show funds upto 11000 CAD in my canadian bank account ? i mean this much of funds will be enough to show that i can support my spouse ? or is there any other way you think it might be possible ? i am living with my brother for a while but i am planning to rent a basement or some apartment ? Showing that i have rented a place to live for two will be enough with 11000 CAD of funds in my bank account ? or you think there is any other possible way to show that i can support my spouse
thank you tons for the help !!!

pollo

Dec 1, 2015
Hi

I'm in Australia and I have applied for Canada spouse visa

I have applied for spouse visa
Here's my time line
Application filed- 10th of April 2015
Application forwarded to colombo - June 2015

plus I received an email last week querying where i wish to collect my visa upon finalization of my case. Means am i gonna get my visa soon?Huh anyone got any idea?Huh

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
pollo said:
Hi

I'm in Australia and I have applied for Canada spouse visa

I have applied for spouse visa
Here's my time line
Application filed- 10th of April 2015
Application forwarded to colombo - June 2015

plus I received an email last week querying where i wish to collect my visa upon finalization of my case. Means am i gonna get my visa soon?Huh anyone got any idea?Huh
Colombo is a fast visa office, so that's likely. Did you get a PPR yet?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
akhurana487 said:
Thank you that is a relief. Can i show funds upto 11000 CAD in my canadian bank account ? i mean this much of funds will be enough to show that i can support my spouse ? or is there any other way you think it might be possible ? i am living with my brother for a while but i am planning to rent a basement or some apartment ? Showing that i have rented a place to live for two will be enough with 11000 CAD of funds in my bank account ? or you think there is any other possible way to show that i can support my spouse
thank you tons for the help !!!
No one can say exactly what they will want to see as every VO and case officer is different. All you need to do is explain what your living situation will be, and your source of funds. $11,000 in the bank is a great addition. Plenty of people have no savings and still sponsor, and plenty of people live with family members when they first come to Canada, so don't stress over this too much. They aren't going to care where you live so much as you have a place to live. Having the support of your brother is also in your favour.

Emmjay

Aug 29, 2015
Aquakitty said:
I am referring to a document request like you received. CIC sends a document request if they need more proof before rejecting an application (at least they are supposed to) there's no way for me to know what's happened in this situation. Does her ECAS show any sent documents?
Hi.
No nothing received. The online status also shows nothing sent.

Hockeymama

Dec 1, 2015
Hi everyone.... help will be greatly appreciated. We are starting our Spousal Sponsorship/Permanent Residence FROM WITHIN CANADA and will mail in application within the next day or two. We have all our paperwork in order. Our question is - with the Pilot Project December 2014 Open Work visa program posted on the CIC web we have read on web links to INCLUDE the application for work visa SIMULTANEOUSLY with the Application for Permanent Residence. Spouse is currently in Canada. The medical is done. Fingerprints request sent off to FBI about 6 weeks ago (spouse from USA). Visitor visa for spouse 6 months - got that on Nov 25, 2015. WHAT form (work visa) do we use and include in the application. She does not need to extend her work visa because she does not have one yet. She needs to apply for one and from what I read she does it at the same time as applying for he permanent residence in order to qualify for the Pilot Project (4 month work visa) program. The only forms I seem to come across now is Application for Work Visa from outside. I may be looking in the incorrect spot. Please let us know. If you at all have any contact phone numbers for me to call at CIC I will appreciate it. Thank you all.