Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
username27 said:
Hi,
I am a PhD student with PR and recently got married. I work as a teaching assistant in a University and receive $34000 of income through scholarships and research/teaching assistantships. Out of $28000, $11000 is from my teaching assistantship and taxable. Hence, I believe that would be the amount listed in my option C printout (I am waiting for the option-c). But I have T4A which shows that I am receiving non-taxable income of $17000 for 2014. So should I include Option-C printout and T4 A and explain it in a letter. I have a letter from my department saying I receive $27000 in scholarships and research/teaching assistantships. Thanks in-advance
Sure you can provide both, to show how you support yourself. However CIC only wants your Option C to make sure you are not on welfare. I believe they ask for pay stubs to show how much you make.

username27

Apr 4, 2012
Aquakitty said:
Sure you can provide both, to show how you support yourself. However CIC only wants your Option C to make sure you are not on welfare. I believe they ask for pay stubs to show how much you make.
Thanks Aquakitty. I am in Toronto and it's been seven days since I have requested for the Option-C printout. They said it will take 10 business days. Hopefully I will receive it this week.

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hello,

My boyfriend (Canadian) and I (Swede) wants to apply for a Sponsorship Visa - Family Class.

We have some question regarding the visa.

I know there is two options we can do. Either apply from within Canada or outside of Canada. What is the best way?

And if we chose to apply from outside of Canada, do I have to leave Canada during the process?

Whenever my boyfriend is accepted as being my sponsor, and I decide to go to my home country while the process is going, will we receive an approval/document so I can come back to him without any problems?

What the best way, to apply outland or inland?

We would appreciate if we could get as much information as possible. I have read so much about if on cic.ca but can not really find the answers on all my questions.

Thanks!

Annie

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Apply outland - it will be faster. You can visit Canada while the application is in progress (no - you don't have to leave).

Note that you must be either married or common law to apply. Common law means you have lived together continuously for a minimum of one full year and can prove it.

ad singh

May 23, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC CHD
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31 March 2015
Nomination.....
15 March 2016
AOR Received.
18 April 2016
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
Med's Request
1 November 2016
Med's Done....
10 November 2016
Passport Req..
27-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2018
Hi

I had applied for BC PNP in March 2015, but have not heard back anything from them (read online processing time is 16 months, so i know i would have to wait till the later part of next year provided they don't extend the time limit again).

Hi
My post graduate work permit is expiring in second week of January 2017. I considered filing BCPNP express entry in April 15 , but they just stopped all BC PNP applications including express entry till January 2016, so could not expedite the process.

I keep reading the horror stories of people whose PGWP expired and had to go back-home .Searching for other options to expedite ,I looked for filing federal express entry , but my IELTS general test has 7 bands only, 0.5 band less than the requirement of 6 each for NOC1111 (I am a CPA , CGA working as accountant in government funded organisation) , I have given IELTS again for betterment of my bands so that i can apply federal express entry. ( My score assessment is around 480 points).

I have a common law partner(Canadian PR) who is living with me from last 1.5 year (i have lease deed , pictures , trips together , emails and message proof ), i am considering filing a spousal PR application inland as a PLAN B to my federal express entry which i will file soon . Please share your views if this would help expedite my PR .

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ad singh said:
Hi

I had applied for BC PNP in March 2015, but have not heard back anything from them (read online processing time is 16 months, so i know i would have to wait till the later part of next year provided they don't extend the time limit again).

Hi
My post graduate work permit is expiring in second week of January 2017. I considered filing BCPNP express entry in April 15 , but they just stopped all BC PNP applications including express entry till January 2016, so could not expedite the process.

I keep reading the horror stories of people whose PGWP expired and had to go back-home .Searching for other options to expedite ,I looked for filing federal express entry , but my IELTS general test has 7 bands only, 0.5 band less than the requirement of 6 each for NOC1111 (I am a CPA , CGA working as accountant in government funded organisation) , I have given IELTS again for betterment of my bands so that i can apply federal express entry. ( My score assessment is around 480 points).

I have a common law partner(Canadian PR) who is living with me from last 1.5 year (i have lease deed , pictures , trips together , emails and message proof ), i am considering filing a spousal PR application inland as a PLAN B to my federal express entry which i will file soon . Please share your views if this would help expedite my PR .

Thanks
Applying for spousal sponsorship inland won't expedite the process. Current waiting times for inland are around 27 months. I expect your first BC PNP application wil be finished long before that. Having said that, you can certainly have two applications in process at the same time - so feel free to apply through spousal sponsorship. This will also allow you to apply for an OWP under the OWP pilot.

ad singh

May 23, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC CHD
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31 March 2015
Nomination.....
15 March 2016
AOR Received.
18 April 2016
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
Med's Request
1 November 2016
Med's Done....
10 November 2016
Passport Req..
27-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2018
Thanks Scylla, i remember you being helpful from many years ago when i first joined this forum (you sound like immigration consultant :))

I am trying to decide whether the spousal application is worthwhile considering the time and money cost involved to file two applications (federal express entry and spousal PR)

I read somewhere in the forum that i can apply sponsor application out land while staying and working in Canada and that i just have to send the application to Outland sponsor application department here in Vancouver. ( I work in Vancouver too)

If this is true and i apply for PR through spousal sponsorship then can i get it faster( any estimates on time involved-i read online it takes 64 days for first response for out land ?

I guess my current PGWP will become redundant as i would get OWP( does this owp has some expiry date?) if my spousal application clears first stage of approval . If this is not right , than will CIC say i already have post graduate work permit and hence i can't get open work permit ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ad singh said:
Thanks Scylla, i remember you being helpful from many years ago when i first joined this forum (you sound like immigration consultant :))

I am trying to decide whether the spousal application is worthwhile considering the time and money cost involved to file two applications (federal express entry and spousal PR)

I read somewhere in the forum that i can apply sponsor application out land while staying and working in Canada and that i just have to send the application to Outland sponsor application department here in Vancouver. ( I work in Vancouver too)

If this is true and i apply for PR through spousal sponsorship then can i get it faster( any estimates on time involved-i read online it takes 64 days for first response for out land ?

I guess my current PGWP will become redundant as i would get OWP( does this owp has some expiry date?) if my spousal application clears first stage of approval . If this is not right , than will CIC say i already have post graduate work permit and hence i can't get open work permit ?

Thanks
Whether outland is faster depends on where you are from. Yes - you can certainly apply using the outland route while in Canada.

Note that you will NOT qualify for an OWP if you apply outland. OWPs are only granted to those who apply inland and they are approved approximately four months after the inland application is received by CIC.

So the benefit if outland is that it's typically faster (again, depending where you are from). The downside is that there's no OWP.

ad singh

May 23, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC CHD
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31 March 2015
Nomination.....
15 March 2016
AOR Received.
18 April 2016
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
Med's Request
1 November 2016
Med's Done....
10 November 2016
Passport Req..
27-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2018
Hi Scylla

I am from India (New Delhi office) .

Well the fact that i cant apply OWP through the out land application , takes the advantage away from the Out land application . If i apply inland (27 months time frame), can i get the first response for OWP withing first 6 months?

It looks like a game of chess wherein someone calculated all the moves a potential immigrant might make and then made the law accordingly to erode any advantage of using one particular option to get immigration . ::)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ad singh said:
Hi Scylla

I am from India (New Delhi office) .

Well the fact that i cant apply OWP through the out land application , takes the advantage away from the Out land application . If i apply inland (27 months time frame), can i get the first response for OWP withing first 6 months?

It looks like a game of chess wherein someone calculated all the moves a potential immigrant might make and then made the law accordingly to erode any advantage of using one particular option to get immigration . ::)
I would definitely apply outland. ND is one of the fastest offices for spousal sponsorship.

username27

Apr 4, 2012
Hi,
I am going to sponsor my wife who is in Sri Lanka and I am in Canada. Is it possible to submit the Police clearance later. She has already applied for it but did not receive it yet. I have seen that for some other categories it it possible to submit without PCC but not sure in mycase. Also, If I can submit it later, where should I send it? Missisauga office or I should wait until hearing from the Visa officer?

serida

Aug 7, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28, 2014
username27 said:
Hi,
I am going to sponsor my wife who is in Sri Lanka and I am in Canada. Is it possible to submit the Police clearance later. She has already applied for it but did not receive it yet. I have seen that for some other categories it it possible to submit without PCC but not sure in mycase. Also, If I can submit it later, where should I send it? Missisauga office or I should wait until hearing from the Visa officer?
Yes, you can sumbit later. after you get your file number write down the file number and applicant name submit the document together to Missisauga office.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
After reviewing various court cases it appears as though 3 years and 3 months in background checks is excessive and makes a good case for mandamus. I know my case is a little unusual but all checks have been done including csis screening(twice!). My file was ready for decision and then transferred to backlog!. Im quite sure the Judge wont be all that sympathetic towards CIC, since i know there are no more issues as stated by my case notes!. Still might wait till March or February to file...any Thoughts?

xxx1

Sep 6, 2014
Hi,
My husband is a canadian citizen and i am from india. We got married on dec 28th 2014 and we have submitted our complete document on 6th of march, my documents came back to New delhi in the month of June. Ever since we have been frequently checking our status online and its still in process, any idea how much longer i have to wait?
:(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
xxx1 said:
Hi,
My husband is a canadian citizen and i am from india. We got married on dec 28th 2014 and we have submitted our complete document on 6th of march, my documents came back to New delhi in the month of June. Ever since we have been frequently checking our status online and its still in process, any idea how much longer i have to wait?
:(
Join the ND thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2015-spousal-visa-applicants-t258676.2235.html