28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ALEXANDAR PAVLOV said:
Thanks. I was told in Service Ontario that I will be eligible for health coverage when my wife is approved as sponsor or maybe when the first phase
is over .
They are taking about AIP (approval in principal) - this is first stage approval which is 16 months after you submit the application.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Celebrating exactly four years since cic received my application for inland sponsorship. Been in background checks for 3 years and 2 months. sent my local office( which has had my file for 3 years) a letter 3 weeks ago with no response. My case a little unusual as i am a failed refugee claimant and i also have conditional discharge. I was charged with the crime in sep 2010. I completed my probation three years ago. was not convicted. does my case warrant mandamus..?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Zion786 said:
Celebrating exactly four years since cic received my application for inland sponsorship. Been in background checks for 3 years and 2 months. sent my local office( which has had my file for 3 years) a letter 3 weeks ago with no response. My case a little unusual as i am a failed refugee claimant and i also have conditional discharge. I was charged with the crime in sep 2010. I completed my probation three years ago. was not convicted. does my case warrant mandamus..?
I would speak with a good immigration lawyer for an opinion. If you had a normal case - then mandamus would make sense. But with the failed refugee claim, conditional discharge, and probation that ended less than 5 years ago - it makes things a lot more complicated and it's hard to say whether mandamus is at this point warranted. I would search for an immigration lawyer who commonly handles mandamus cases and ask for a legal opinion. Good luck.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
According to law since I am not convicted I AM NOT INADMISSIBLE. That is also what my case notes say. Client was discharged and is "not inadmissible".CSIS has done its security screening on me twice. The last report it sent to cic was in June of this year. Then end of june file was "transferred to the backlog office due a work overload". There is a clear neglect to perform duty here. Law says im not inadmissible on the criminality grounds. I have also had a csis interview.At the end of 2011.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Zion "according to the law means nothing to CIC"..The wording that indicates "threat to the security" is up to the discretion of the Officer that reviews your case...As well the Customers officer at the border told us that if he feel threaten at all he can detain you...Immigration is not like courts of Law...it can end up there but its not innocent until proven guilty..its if they feel you will comment a crime again...We had an interview in LA at beginning of Nov and all they really wanted was info from a case 25 years ago....Email your MP with all your info...

hope1987

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 17, 2014
AOR Received.
March 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I was just wanting to confirm with all of you, if I can declare my engagement while filing for my spouse's PR. I landed on June 1st, 2015 and got engaged prior to that in January 2015, would be safe to declare my engagement as when I landed I signed and declared that I am not married. Does this mean I cannot be engaged or cannot declare my engagement?

Also, if someone has a similar case like mine and also if its an arrange marriage what all documents did you submit to prove your relationship is genuine? Could you kindly share the list of documents with me?

Lastly, what's the current processing time for Outland sponsorship New Delhi?

Your advice will be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Sunset, I appreciate your opinion. The fact however is that csis has carried its security screening on me twice. My rcmp fingerprints say that I have no criminal record( the one charge that was previously present has been taken off because it has been three years since I completed my probation). My police certificate from Pakistan is also clean!. CIC has used up all avenues to determine weather I am a security risk. Now to transfer to backlog after more than three years of background checks seems unfair.The file is backlog for 5 months. Dont you think this is unfair and that I have good case for mandamus. I wrote many letters to cic montreal the most recent of which was sent 1 month ago. But alas no response.

As for the MP. He has been involved 3 times and every time his office told me that background checks are pending. I understand my case is not straightforward but cic has all reports needed to make the decision. They cannot stall indefinitely because my case is unusual. As I mentioned earlier according to my case notes that I received 2 months ago the agent handling my file wrote that I am not admissible and that there are no concerns, file is ok to process". This note is made after cic received the renewed medicals, fingerprints and csis security screening. Then file is miraculously transferred to backlog due to a "workload", need i mention again after 3 years of the file being transferred to montreal. Just seems like share incompetency to me.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Zion786 said:
Sunset, I appreciate your opinion. The fact however is that csis has carried its security screening on me twice. My rcmp fingerprints say that I have no criminal record( the one charge that was previously present has been taken off because it has been three years since I completed my probation). My police certificate from Pakistan is also clean!. CIC has used up all avenues to determine weather I am a security risk. Now to transfer to backlog after more than three years of background checks seems unfair.The file is backlog for 5 months. Dont you think this is unfair and that I have good case for mandamus. I wrote many letters to cic montreal the most recent of which was sent 1 month ago. But alas no response.

As for the MP. He has been involved 3 times and every time his office told me that background checks are pending. I understand my case is not straightforward but cic has all reports needed to make the decision. They cannot stall indefinitely because my case is unusual. As I mentioned earlier according to my case notes that I received 2 months ago the agent handling my file wrote that I am not admissible and that there are no concerns, file is ok to process". This note is made after cic received the renewed medicals, fingerprints and csis security screening. Then file is miraculously transferred to backlog due to a "workload", need i mention again after 3 years of the file being transferred to montreal. Just seems like share incompetency to me.
i agree with u, although file is in backlog still don't worry.
I think and u wrote that ur case is not so straight therefore VO would not
Want to process and take responsibility. At the time of audit VO may be asked questions regarding ur case.
Therefore vo just delayed ur case
I hope sooner or later ur case will be ok
I pray for u

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi all. my wife and I are at the start of the immigration journey, and just looking for some guidance on certain things, in terms of the best way to structure our application. I am the CDN, and she is the US citizen. I expect to be on these forums quite a bit.

We are in something of a more complex scenario, for many reasons.

Despite being a CDN and US citizen, we had an arranged marriage. This means that we had EXTREMELY limited contact upto our wedding day. This I understand to be an issue in terms of proving the legitimacy of the marriage, especially given that we are applying after being married less than 2years. What can we do NOW to help address this? Is this a major problem in the first place?

The next thing is in terms of her current status here. For reasons I wont get into, we were not legally married at the time of her crossing into Canada in mid-October 2015. We did not get legally married until after we got back to Toronto where we live now. At the border (we flew in from Houston) she listed herself as visiting until early January. She was not questioned what so ever at the airport/border. I dont know if that was the correct way to do it. Is there something we should get (record of landing), that will help us in anyway?

The record of landing appears to be useful in applying for different things. For example, my wife is a licensed pharmacist from Texas. Registering here and getting licensed requires a record of landing in lieu of a COPR or valid permit. However, I recall that getting one, or trying to can make the application process more difficult but its been a while since ive seen that. Speaking of being a pharmacist, i dont suppose that helps the application in any way? I also imagine that applying under those experience classes also likely wouldnt make sense.

The other reason I ask about some kind of visitor documentation is that we'd like to go on a honeymoon in late December. I was very worried getting her through the border the first time, and am worried about future issues. Is a record of landing or some other visitor visa document something we can or should get? The plan is to go for a week in December, which is a few days before we said she would be leaving from Canada. Is going in the first place a bad idea? I figure the pictures can help our application....

I believe outland application is the way to go as she is a US citizen and should result in faster processing time? 6-10 months apparently, which is not too bad...but I guess considering that I need a few months to even get the documents together (like the FBI check) it will likely be around a year...

Im sure i have more questions but this is what I have so far.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
AdeAhmed said:
Hi all. my wife and I are at the start of the immigration journey, and just looking for some guidance on certain things, in terms of the best way to structure our application. I am the CDN, and she is the US citizen. I expect to be on these forums quite a bit.

We are in something of a more complex scenario, for many reasons.

Despite being a CDN and US citizen, we had an arranged marriage. This means that we had EXTREMELY limited contact upto our wedding day. This I understand to be an issue in terms of proving the legitimacy of the marriage, especially given that we are applying after being married less than 2years. What can we do NOW to help address this? Is this a major problem in the first place?

The next thing is in terms of her current status here. For reasons I wont get into, we were not legally married at the time of her crossing into Canada in mid-October 2015. We did not get legally married until after we got back to Toronto where we live now. At the border (we flew in from Houston) she listed herself as visiting until early January. She was not questioned what so ever at the airport/border. I dont know if that was the correct way to do it. Is there something we should get (record of landing), that will help us in anyway?

The record of landing appears to be useful in applying for different things. For example, my wife is a licensed pharmacist from Texas. Registering here and getting licensed requires a record of landing in lieu of a COPR or valid permit. However, I recall that getting one, or trying to can make the application process more difficult but its been a while since ive seen that. Speaking of being a pharmacist, i dont suppose that helps the application in any way? I also imagine that applying under those experience classes also likely wouldnt make sense.

The other reason I ask about some kind of visitor documentation is that we'd like to go on a honeymoon in late December. I was very worried getting her through the border the first time, and am worried about future issues. Is a record of landing or some other visitor visa document something we can or should get? The plan is to go for a week in December, which is a few days before we said she would be leaving from Canada. Is going in the first place a bad idea? I figure the pictures can help our application....

I believe outland application is the way to go as she is a US citizen and should result in faster processing time? 6-10 months apparently, which is not too bad...but I guess considering that I need a few months to even get the documents together (like the FBI check) it will likely be around a year...

Im sure i have more questions but this is what I have so far.

I will answer some of your questions. When your wife came to Canada ,she came as a visitor. She will have six months before she either leaves and returns or will file for an extension. Your wife can not work while she is here visiting . There is no record of landing because she is visiting not a landed immigrant.

It is always worrying crossing the border. There is always that chance that she will get refused entry back into Canada . My husband and i got married in Dec and then flew out for our honeymoon,but he did have a return ticket to the U.K..

The only status your wife has is a visitors.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Zion786 said:

Have you tried the press?...Media?

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The fees are a bit confusing.

I'm sponsoring my wife and her son (dependent) who is 8 years of age to come live with me here, I was born here, so it's just them I'm sponsoring.
How much are the fees? I'm not sure how to proceed.

Do I also choose Express Entry - Right of Permanent Residence Fee? or is it Express Entry additional spouse or dependent?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PatrickD said:
The fees are a bit confusing.

I'm sponsoring my wife and her son (dependent) who is 8 years of age to come live with me here, I was born here, so it's just them I'm sponsoring.
How much are the fees? I'm not sure how to proceed.

Do I also choose Express Entry - Right of Permanent Residence Fee? or is it Express Entry additional spouse or dependent?
PR fees:

Sponsorship application $75
Principal applicant fee $475
Family member under 19 $150
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490

Total $1190

You should not be looking at fees under Express Entry.

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Hi everyone,
Would someone please tell me what happens after my wife gets her CoPR stamped at the US-Canada border tomorrow? Do we then wait for the PR card to be mailed or do they give it right there? Thank you. We've been waiting for 18 months after many delays and CIC mistakes. ??? All the others who applied from the US May 2014 were approved in 6-8 months.

To any of you who are just starting, may God have mercy on your souls and preserve you from going insane. You are about to deal with the most error-prone, bureaucratic idiots you are likely to encounter in your lifetime and you have to nice to them because they have your destiny in their hands.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hcseeker said:
Hi everyone,
Would someone please tell me what happens after my wife gets her CoPR stamped at the US-Canada border tomorrow? Do we then wait for the PR card to be mailed or do they give it right there? Thank you. We've been waiting for 18 months after many delays and CIC mistakes. ??? All the others who applied from the US May 2014 were approved in 6-8 months.

To any of you who are just starting, may God have mercy on your souls and preserve you from going insane. You are about to deal with the most error-prone, bureaucratic idiots you are likely to encounter in your lifetime and you have to nice to them because they have your destiny in their hands.
The card will be mailed to you. Processing times are on the CIC web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp