+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

aman_248

Oct 20, 2015
Hello everyone,

I will be applying for my wife sponsorship sometime next month. I need to know what documents, pictures, or any type of proof of marriage I need to submit.

My other concern is that we always chat in Arabic and very rarely in English. Do I have to translate every screenshot I take as proof to our marriage being genuine? ???

Please please help,

Thanks

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
mle.87 said:
Anyone order GCMS notes recently? I sent in the form on Sept 30th and received a copy of receipt. However, no notes yet.... Not too concerned though since our application is now complete but it would be nice to know how our application was received with the Visa Office.

It normally comes back between 30 and 32 days. It depends which day your ordered them sat/sun and what time.

towfu019

Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept. 17, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept. 24, 2014
Med's Request
Oct. 15, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct. 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct. 29, 2015
Hello sa inyo.. i need help guys :(

We just received an email from our VO in Manila and was asked to have my spouses passport mailed to VFS (a visa processing centre that CIC uses) but our problem is that my spouses is currently back in Dubai, UAE and according to the VFS instructions a fee has to be paid by either cash, managers cheque or bank draft- no problem in paying but howwe pay the fee since non of my spouses relatives have POA on the bank account.

Can anyone advise me po on how to got about this? Pwede ba kame mag-elect ng representative to submit and collect my spouses passport? how long po ba ang visa stamping?

missp

Jul 24, 2014
hello, please i want to sponsor my spouse soon. i got my PR through provincial nominee(there was no job offer requirement). I now live in another province and have a full time job.Will CIC take the fact that i am now living in another province into consideration before approving me as a sponsor?

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
Asking for your advise, i am from Pakistan & living in Dubai and i already have TRV for canada valid for 4 years (sponsor is my wife) and i am planning to apply for immigration. Does anyone have any idea if my case will be processed soon since they do background check before issuing TRV as well. Someone can share their experience (similar to my case), would be helpful. Thanks a alot

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Decent2015 said:
Hello
Asking for your advise, i am from Pakistan & living in Dubai and i already have TRV for canada valid for 4 years (sponsor is my wife) and i am planning to apply for immigration. Does anyone have any idea if my case will be processed soon since they do background check before issuing TRV as well. Someone can share their experience (similar to my case), would be helpful. Thanks a alot
The fact you have a TRV won't speed up your processing time. CIC will still do a complete background and security check as part of your immigration application. The security and background check completed as part of your immigration application is far more extensive than what is completed for your TRV.

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do I need to include the original medical receipt or can I attach a copy?
My wife has the original in her country.

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question, my wife is the sponsor (born citizen), she is not working in canada since our child is 1 year old and severely ill. I am supporting them from Dubai. Some people have said that it doesnt matter in her case to show strong financial support in her immigration application once the husband is granted PR (as part of the application, she is undertaking that we wont apply for social welfare). Can anyone suggest if that is the case? (from personal experience - if someone may have encountered and got their PR).

What should be done about it? to ensure our case is not rejected or immigration process is prolonged due to this matter. Will appreciate your advises. Tnx a lot.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Decent2015 said:
Hello
Hi,

Dubai applicants are processed faster than Pakistani applicants even though the VO is LONDON for both.
Second thing, backgrounds checks can vary depending on the handling officer and contact from the residing country officials.
It has least if not nothing to do with TRV...

I had TRV, and I am not sure if it actually helped with my application...

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shy_guy said:
Hi,

Dubai applicants are processed faster than Pakistani applicants even though the VO is LONDON for both.
Second thing, backgrounds checks can vary depending on the handling officer and contact from the residing country officials.
It has least if not nothing to do with TRV...

I had TRV, and I am not sure if it actually helped with my application...
Thanks Shyguy for the reply.

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if sponsor's previous spousal immigration application was rejected (between 2006 or 2007) at the preliminary stage and the file was returned back to the sponsor (Note: as per CIC the marriage is not genuine). Do they keep such information / case in their database and if they do, for how long. Should this be mentioned in new application for present spouse?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Decent2015 said:
if sponsor's previous spousal immigration application was rejected (between 2006 or 2007) at the preliminary stage and the file was returned back to the sponsor (Note: as per CIC the marriage is not genuine). Do they keep such information / case in their database and if they do, for how long. Should this be mentioned in new application for present spouse?
When ever CIC returned application with UCI number and file number then they are keeping file with them and forever.
you can get this information by ordering GCMS/FOSS online

rafehmushtaq

Oct 26, 2015
Leon said:
Hi,

I have applied for PR through Express Entry and waiting for approval of immigration office. At the time I applied for PR, I was not married. Now I want to add my wife in the process and change my status as Married.

I am not sure how to notify immigration of change in my personal / family circumstances!!!!

Surprisingly, my express entry account profile displays message that I should notify if there are any changes through selecting option for modify family information. However, option for modification or updating information is no more available to me. I can only view my application (no modification no updation).

Need guidance and advise on how to notify immigration office regarding my change in family information and how to add my spouse in the existing application.

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to post your question to the Express Entry section of the forum.

This part of the forum is for existing Canadian citizens and PRs who are sponsoring family members. We would have no idea how to add a spouse to an Express Entry application.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Decent2015 said:
Hi Brother why they reject the sponsorship application preliminary stage , are you the spouse or they already divorce and married with you
if that is the case , but you said you have the kids together right ?
if you both have baby together then they will ask you for DNA test to check the child parent relation and also it depend the situation
how old is you and your spouse