App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Mah7891 said:
Dear Aquakitty

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have mentioned all my mailing addresses for Saudi Arabia only. I was just confused because they sent the file to LVO rather than Abu Dhabi. My husband received all correspondence via emails only, and they only emailed him for his part. and Canuck is right, they do not transfer applications.
I guess I just have to wait, i hope LVO doesn't take as much time they mention on the website.
We actually requested that my husband's application be sent to Abu Dhabi VO in our original submission - both in my part of the application package and his because he (Syrian) had been working / living in the UAE for the past 8 years and had a continuing residency permit for the UAE.

But they still sent his application to Amman....

C.

Mah7891

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
chilkootcee said:
We actually requested that my husband's application be sent to Abu Dhabi VO in our original submission - both in my part of the application package and his because he (Syrian) had been working / living in the UAE for the past 8 years and had a continuing residency permit for the UAE.

But they still sent his application to Amman....

C.
Oh really.....I read later on that if you give your preference before hand they follow, but as you said they did not. however also in your case your husband is living in UAE since 8 years only so the major time of his life was spent in his home country, may be that is why they sent to Amman.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Mah7891 said:
Oh really.....I read later on that if you give your preference before hand they follow, but as you said they did not. however also in your case your husband is living in UAE since 8 years only so the major time of his life was spent in his home country, may be that is why they sent to Amman.
Actually, he lived in KSA while growing up...the only thing I can think of is that he was unable to obtain his police clearance from Syria...so maybe Amman has better intelligence connections with Syrian authorities to do background checks.

C.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Mah7891 said:
Dear Aquakitty

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have mentioned all my mailing addresses for Saudi Arabia only. I was just confused because they sent the file to LVO rather than Abu Dhabi. My husband received all correspondence via emails only, and they only emailed him for his part. and Canuck is right, they do not transfer applications.
I guess I just have to wait, i hope LVO doesn't take as much time they mention on the website.
I guess the guy who had is transferred was either lucky or lying, I'll try to find the thread.

I actually found the thread. What do you guys think of this?

"Thanks guy, the CIC sent me an e-mail saying the following: "In response to your request below, please be advised that your application has been redirected to the Visa Office in Abu Dhabi for continued processing.
Thank you, Case Processing Centre Mississauga", its weird that the Mississauga office replied to me, do you guys think that the paper will take longer than usual now? any rough estimates? "

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t340337.0.html

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
When adding a newborn as a dependent to the application when sponsor is a PR,

do we need to send anything original.? like B form or birth certificate, ?

Can we send upfront medical of our child. ?

LVO asked us to inform both offices, but later in the email says send application to CPC Mississauga , which office we have to send the original documents.. ?

My case is 90% done they already sent original documents back, and last email they sent me that a decision is made on the application but it is pending as wife is pregnant and won't be able to travel, so they hold the decision made for now till the baby information is given to them.

dmaverick87

Aug 30, 2015
Hi Guys,

I had applied to sponsor my wife back in October 2013, within Canada. To-date it been 1 year & 10 months, my wife hasn't been back to see her family for 4 years and getting a little agitated. Planning to go back for a visit in November if all goes well.

The most resent activity that occurred in our file was that we received a letter stating that we will be contacted by the office in Etobicoke to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

Does anyone know how long it will take them to contact us? What this appointment will entail? Will my wife receive her PR card on the spot?

Thanks for your help....in advance

Our Permanent Residence Timeline

- We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2013.
- We started processing your application on March 25, 2015.
- We sent you a letter on March 25, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
- Medical results have been received.
- We sent you a letter on August 18, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Aquakitty said:
I guess the guy who had is transferred was either lucky or lying, I'll try to find the thread.

I actually found the thread. What do you guys think of this?

"Thanks guy, the CIC sent me an e-mail saying the following: "In response to your request below, please be advised that your application has been redirected to the Visa Office in Abu Dhabi for continued processing.
Thank you, Case Processing Centre Mississauga", its weird that the Mississauga office replied to me, do you guys think that the paper will take longer than usual now? any rough estimates? "

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t340337.0.html
I don't know....perhaps it depends on a number of factors...or maybe they didn't even read our requests...

It doesn't hurt to try?

C.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
chilkootcee said:
I don't know....perhaps it depends on a number of factors...or maybe they didn't even read our requests...

It doesn't hurt to try?

C.
Allegedly the case was already sent to Cairo as well, not even before the fact.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Hi Every one
Me and my spouse receive email for AIP last week. They now requested medical and security check for my spouse. My question is that how long it will take from now before we receive final decision and set up the interview or landing which ever applicable.

Please guide me in this regard.

Once they issue us the PR card, is that condition for few years or its for the full 05 years span. We have one baby boy too.

xxlilamiexx

Aug 31, 2015
Hello everyone,

Me(English) and my Boyfriend(Canadian) we are just starting to prepare our application for Common - Law Sponsor via Outland while living together in Canada, and we have a few questions that I'm hoping you could help with.

Question 1: Form IM 1344 Question 6c
" If you are in a conjugal relationship. Provide the date on which you entered into the relationship?"

Has we are Common-Law do we put N/A ?

Question 2: Form IMM 0008 Question 1 & 2
"Program under which you are applying for?"
"Category under which you are applying for?"

Unsure has what we put in this boxes?

Question 3: Form IMM0008 Question 4 in Education/Occupation Detail.
"Intended Occupation?"

If you don't have one can you just put N/A ?

Last Question:

In relation to the Declaration of our Relationship off family & friends. Do they all need to be notarized?

Also is there any templates has what needs to go into them ?

Thank you so much for all you help !!!!!!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
xxlilamiexx said:
Hello everyone,

Me(English) and my Boyfriend(Canadian) we are just starting to prepare our application for Common - Law Sponsor via Outland while living together in Canada, and we have a few questions that I'm hoping you could help with.

" If you are in a conjugal relationship. Provide the date on which you entered into the relationship?"

"Intended Occupation?"

Last Question:

In relation to the Declaration of our Relationship off family & friends. Do they all need to be notarized?

For 1344, once you choose common-law or spouse, it automatically greys out the section about conjugal partner.

For 0008, you choose Family and common-law partner.

For the intended occupation, it isn't a big deal for family class. I think we put something generic like administrative work, since that's what my spouse was planning on doing.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
xxlilamiexx said:
Hello everyone,

"Intended Occupation?"

Last Question:

It would be advisable to stop referring to your partner as your boyfriend as well. The Common-law stream is for couples who are committed as married couples would be. Its best to get into the habit of using the correct language to refer to your spouse, should you get caught up with language in your application or essay, or forbid an interview.

You should have at least two notarized letters, I would suggest at least one letter written by someone other than family be notarized. The letters are best written not as templates, but as genuine letters. They should include how the person knows yourself and your partner, how they met each of you and any details they can provide about how they witnessed your relationship grow.

I can't open the IMM0008 form on my work PC. Family class sponsorship and common-law partner would be my first guess without seeing it.

Amalia.S

Jun 25, 2015
Re: Spousal sponsorship Questions

Hello,

My husband and i are preparing for our sponsorship application from within Canada and there are a few things i need to ask.

1. As soon as I send our application, do i have to extend my stay every 6 months or is it done automatically?

2. While I am awaiting results, could I leave Canada in order to see my family? If the answer is yes, how long can I leave Canada for?

3. Will I have problems re-entering Canada?

4. Somewhere in the application, I am asked to present my proof of legal status. What is exactly a proof of legal status and how do I obtain it?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Spousal sponsorship Questions

Amalia.S said:
Hello,

My husband and i are preparing for our sponsorship application from within Canada and there are a few things i need to ask.

1. As soon as I send our application, do i have to extend my stay every 6 months or is it done automatically?

2. While I am awaiting results, could I leave Canada in order to see my family? If the answer is yes, how long can I leave Canada for?

3. Will I have problems re-entering Canada?

4. Somewhere in the application, I am asked to present my proof of legal status. What is exactly a proof of legal status and how do I obtain it?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Since you are submitting an Inland application...

1. Include an Open Work Permit application (form IMM5710) with the Inland application. This will give you what is called `Implied status', which will cover you for the duration of the [incredibly lengthy] processing time of ~ 2 years. This will ONLY work if your current legal status does not expire before your Inand application and OWP is received by CIC! The correct amount for the OWP is $255 (NOT $155), so make sure you pay the full amount, along with the PR fees ($550 [$75 + $475] minimum, but the RPRF of $490 should also be included if you can afford to do so). Submitting the Inland application alone does NOT extend your legal status in Canada. For an Inland applicant, the OWP does.

2. Yes you can leave, but it's not advisable because if your are denied re-entry into Canada, your application will be canceled! You would also lose your implied status. This is probably the biggest `anchor' for an Inland applicant. Having said that, some people have been able to leave (briefly) and return, but there is absolutely no guarantee that you would be successful.

3. Perhaps!

4. Where is it asking for this? As of Feb 2005 a person did not need legal status to apply with an Inland application, but...the instruction guide was updated last September saying that legal status is now a requirement. Are you saying that one of the forms specifically asks for proof of legal status? In the past, a person could select `other' for status, followed by `Out of Status- requires restoration'. Maybe that's no longer the case?

Proof of legal status would be a recent stamp in your passport (within the last 6 months), or a valid: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, Temporary Resident Permit, etc..

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
sulemanmirza said:
When adding a newborn as a dependent to the application when sponsor is a PR,

do we need to send anything original.? like B form or birth certificate, ?

Can we send upfront medical of our child. ?

LVO asked us to inform both offices, but later in the email says send application to CPC Mississauga , which office we have to send the original documents.. ?

My case is 90% done they already sent original documents back, and last email they sent me that a decision is made on the application but it is pending as wife is pregnant and won't be able to travel, so they hold the decision made for now till the baby information is given to them.
If anyone can help on the above questions please.