Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Mishaalijaz said:
hello everyone!!

my husband is in BC Canada ,he filed my case on Feb 2015,then he got an email that our application had been received, then 3 months back he received an email that our application is further moved to London.my question is our onlie status at CIC Website is "Decision Made" from last two months.what does it mean? what we should do further ? kindly tell me
did u received any email or further correspondence from VO, what about your medical and Police reports, submitted with application or not? Decision made means your application either accepted or rejected. check with the VO by email or Case specific inquiry.
wish u good luck

Mishaalijaz

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2015, in process 11 sep 2015, got original doc back on 17 Sep
Doc's Request.
September 23 , delivered 5 Oct
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Not yet.
Passport Req..
October 20, 2015
nekeol said:
did u received any email or further correspondence from VO, what about your medical and Police reports, submitted with application or not? Decision made means your application either accepted or rejected. check with the VO by email or Case specific inquiry.
wish u good luck
Yeah I submitted my medical n police report too with my application

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
nekeol said:
wish u good luck
hello everyone!!

my husband is in BC Canada ,he filed my case on Feb 2015,then he got an email that our application had been received, then 3 months back he received an email that our application is further moved to London.my question is our onlie status at CIC Website is "Decision Made" from last two months.what does it mean? what we should do further ? kindly tell me
Since it's been DM for 2 months it's the sponsorship portion decision. Mishaalijaz you should have received an email or a letter 2 months ago regarding his approval as a sponsor.

lktramanh

Aug 13, 2015
Hi Leon,

Can the sponsored applicant travel short trips (business travel or visit family in their home country) when the inland spousal sponsorship application is being processed? Since when I have read on CIC, IP 8 Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada Class, it says "Foreign nationals who have left Canada after submitting an application under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, are not provided with any guarantees that they will be allowed to return to or re-enter Canada. If they are unable to do so, their application for permanent residence may be refused because they are not cohabiting with their spouse or common-law partner at the time the case is finalized [R72(1)(d) and R124(a)]" --> it seems to be risk of re-enter when leaving Canada :(

I'm looking forward to receiving your response soon. Thank you
Anh Le

cutesilverangel

Aug 6, 2014
quick question for my friend. she is sponsoring her husband to come here in canada and he left her job one week before she submit her application. will this be a problem? wil CIC check her employment? she used the reference letter of her employer on her application and then when she submitted her applciation she is no longer with her current job? i am a bit worried on her applciation .. does anyone have the same case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
lktramanh said:
Can the sponsored applicant travel short trips (business travel or visit family in their home country) when the inland spousal sponsorship application is being processed? Since when I have read on CIC, IP 8 Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada Class, it says "Foreign nationals who have left Canada after submitting an application under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, are not provided with any guarantees that they will be allowed to return to or re-enter Canada. If they are unable to do so, their application for permanent residence may be refused because they are not cohabiting with their spouse or common-law partner at the time the case is finalized [R72(1)(d) and R124(a)]" --> it seems to be risk of re-enter when leaving Canada :(
There is nothing stopping you from taking short trips outside of Canada. However as you have read, there is never a guarantee you will be allowed back into Canada if you leave. And if you are not allowed back into Canada - this will effectively cancel your inland application. This is why it is strongly recommended that you not leave Canada while your inland application is in progress. If you want to be able to leave Canada while your applicaiton is being processed, it would be better to apply through the outland process.

Ches89

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong / Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW 16-12-2013 / Federal 25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Update/Intention to reject 18-04-2016, Update Docs sent April 19, 2016 and received by MIDI April 21, 2016
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 02-05-2016, waived interview
AOR Received.
QSW 25-04-2014 / Federal
Hi everyone I need your views about our case. My partner wants to sponsor me to Canada as conjugal partner (same-sex relationship). Our story goes this way. I met my partner in February of 2012 when he joined the hospital where I was working in our home country. From there we became close and exactly after a year one of us had the courage to propose and brought our relationship to the next level. We became officially a couple in February of 2013. But none of our co worker knew about our relationship since we are not out in public, even our families didn't know that we are into this. Only few of our close friends knew about us, only those who are in this kind of relationship. We are both from the same country which our religion and government do not recognize same-sex relationship/marraige and our families are very conservative. His family knew me but just as a best friend since we cannot just tell them that simple. What we usually do is during our days off we make it a point that see each other. And one of our friend lent us his condo unit so during off and long days off we spent our time together. We were together for 1 year and 2 months when he was still in our country. He left for Canada in April 2014 when his PR was approved. So it has been 1 year and 6 months that we are in a long diatance relationship, but we constantly communicate via chat and facetime. And he also sends me financial support monthly. Instead of going home to our country to visit me, to be more practical he just send the money instead of spending it for airfare and travel. We didn't also bother to apply a TVR since before he left for Canada I have applied for the Quenec Skilled Worker program and received my AOR in April 2014 same month that he left for Canada. We were expecting that soon I will be joing him in Canada even though he is un Ontario and I applied for Quebec at least it's nearer. But unforunately my QSW application has still no update despite receiving the AOR in April 2014. We cannot wait to be together and we cannot anymore wait for the QSW CSQ to be processed. We researched and stumble upon this conjugal partner sponsorship and we thought that we are qualified to apply. What do yiu think guys? Can I state in my application that we have tried to be together in Canada thru my QSW application in lieu of the TRV thats why we didnt try to apply. Is it fine to disclose my QSW application? As I am thinking it may help as a proof that we tried to be together in Canada.

We will be providing these proofs in the application:
- Our photos when he was still in our country, and photos in our out of town trip with his mom and sister.
- Certification that I am a supplementary card holder of his credit card since November 2013
- Proof of Remittance
- Chat logs, screen shots of our skype conversations and screen shots of our text message conversation when he was still in our country
- 3 Statutory declaration from our friends.

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from all of you.

The Realist

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-08-2015
Hello All,
I continue to receive conflicting information from one Cuban Consulate in Canada to another. To be able to marry my Cuban Fiancee, in Cuba, i'm diligently acquiring the Documentation necessary...to make these ready for Legalisation at a Cuban Embassy. As required by the Cuban Embassy, [since i'm a Foreign-born Canadian], i have requested a Letter of Authentication from my home nation government, for my Birth Certificate.

One Consulate has informed me, that i then have to get this Document Certified by the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade:
"The purpose of the Authentication from the New Zealand Consulate in Canada is that the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs can authenticate your documents." Going on to sum up:
"We legalize the signature of the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs functionary. We cannot legalize without it."

However, on the website of the Cuban Embassy in Ottawa, it states that i just take the SPANISH TRANSLATION of this Copy of my Birth Certificate, to either this Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, OR even just to a Notary Public, for certification. Stating:

Cuban Embassy Website: "If you weren’t born in Canada you have to obtain a letter from the Consulate or Embassy of your country of birth stating that your birth certificate was issued according to the regulations of the government and the document can be considered valid. Same process must be done with any other document issued in foreign countries (by no Canadian authorities). In this case you don´t have to take the document to a Notary Public or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development of Canada, just the translation into Spanish."
So....clearly i have the option of taking just the Translated Copy...to a Notary Public.

So, why are there two conflicting procedures on how to process a Foreign-issued Document, from a Foreign-born Canadian?
MUST my Foreign-issued Documents be Certified by the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs...or can they be Certified by a Notary Public?
For, what's the point that my Birth Certificate and Letter of Authentication has to be certified by the Canadian Government...when these Documents have ALREADY been Certified by another Government: New Zealand. The Letter of Authentication accompanying the Copy of my Birth Certificate, is surely, a Certification. Or, at the very least, i should be able to just get it Certified [the translation]...by a Notary Public?

Why would ANOTHER Validation by one government be necessary...when clearly another government has already validated this Document?

I have asked this question to the Cuban Embassies...and am yet to receive a reply.
Clarification of these issues, as well as any other information you may have, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Roxa112

Aug 12, 2015
scylla said:
1) You only qualify for an OWP if you apply using the inland process. The OWP will be approved approximately four months after the application is submitted.
2) This could cause delays to your application depending on when you get pregnant vs. when CIC requests the medical (or new medicals) from you since most doctors recommend against having an xray done while pregnant (which means you can't complete the medical until after you give birth).
Thank you. When does CIC usually request the medical? If I have the medical now and submit the application. Do the medicals expire, do you always need to redo them. I ask as with the processing time for inland being over two years, and the website advising that medicals are only valid for a year?

Thank you again in advance

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Ches89 said:
Hi everyone I need your views about our case. My partner wants to sponsor me to Canada as conjugal partner (same-sex relationship). Our story goes this way. I met my partner in February of 2012 when he joined the hospital where I was working in our home country. From there we became close and exactly after a year one of us had the courage to propose and brought our relationship to the next level. We became officially a couple in February of 2013. But none of our co worker knew about our relationship since we are not out in public, even our families didn't know that we are into this. Only few of our close friends knew about us, only those who are in this kind of relationship. We are both from the same country which our religion and government do not recognize same-sex relationship/marraige and our families are very conservative. His family knew me but just as a best friend since we cannot just tell them that simple. What we usually do is during our days off we make it a point that see each other. And one of our friend lent us his condo unit so during off and long days off we spent our time together. We were together for 1 year and 2 months when he was still in our country. He left for Canada in April 2014 when his PR was approved. So it has been 1 year and 6 months that we are in a long diatance relationship, but we constantly communicate via chat and facetime. And he also sends me financial support monthly. Instead of going home to our country to visit me, to be more practical he just send the money instead of spending it for airfare and travel. We didn't also bother to apply a TVR since before he left for Canada I have applied for the Quenec Skilled Worker program and received my AOR in April 2014 same month that he left for Canada. We were expecting that soon I will be joing him in Canada even though he is un Ontario and I applied for Quebec at least it's nearer. But unforunately my QSW application has still no update despite receiving the AOR in April 2014. We cannot wait to be together and we cannot anymore wait for the QSW CSQ to be processed. We researched and stumble upon this conjugal partner sponsorship and we thought that we are qualified to apply. What do yiu think guys? Can I state in my application that we have tried to be together in Canada thru my QSW application in lieu of the TRV thats why we didnt try to apply. Is it fine to disclose my QSW application? As I am thinking it may help as a proof that we tried to be together in Canada.

We will be providing these proofs in the application:
- Our photos when he was still in our country, and photos in our out of town trip with his mom and sister.
- Certification that I am a supplementary card holder of his credit card since November 2013
- Proof of Remittance
- Chat logs, screen shots of our skype conversations and screen shots of our text message conversation when he was still in our country
- 3 Statutory declaration from our friends.

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from all of you.
I will suggest better to hire any competent consultant instead of making your case lengthy and delayed, although your case is geniune.

Ches89

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong / Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Update/Intention to reject 18-04-2016, Update Docs sent April 19, 2016 and received by MIDI April 21, 2016
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
QSW 25-04-2014 / Federal
nekeol said:
I will suggest better to hire any competent consultant instead of making your case lengthy and delayed, although your case is geniune.
Thanks for answering. Actually we have been thinking to seek consult but we are thinking of the expenses. The payment of the professional experts are more expensive than the application fees. But do u really think we are qualified to apply for conjugal partnership and would it okay if I disclose my QSW Application? Its been 1 yr and 6 months since I got my AOR up to now no update yet and there rules has been changing, my profession is not in the priority list anymore and my chance in obtaining a CSQ I could not forsee anymore. All we want is to be together the soonest and conjugal partner sponsorship is what we think is feasible. We could not wait any longer. We want to start a new life together in Canada and eventually recognized as comon law partner after a year.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ches89 said:
Can I state in my application that we have tried to be together in Canada thru my QSW application in lieu of the TRV thats why we didnt try to apply.
Before you even think about trying for conjugal, you need to apply for a TRV.

Ches89

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong / Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
QSW 25-04-2014 / Federal
canuck_in_uk said:
Before you even think about trying for conjugal, you need to apply for a TRV.
Can I work even on TRV? The thing is I dont want to be a burden to my partner if I would not be able to work when Im in TRV. Upon application will I choose, visit or work?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ches89 said:
Can I work even on TRV? The thing is I dont want to be a burden to my partner if I would not be able to work when Im in TRV. Upon application will I choose, visit or work?
No - you can't. It is illegal to work on a TRV.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Ches89 said:
No, the temporary residence visa is solely for residence rather than work. However, it is still essentially required: the conjugal partnership class is intended for those who cannot live together for legal or safety reasons, rather than those who choose not to do so for financial reasons.

However, have you considered marriage? Unless there is some reason you are opposed to it, you can still civilly marry your partner in Canada while you are here for a temporary stay. Then you would apply not as a conjugal partner but as a spouse, which makes that portion of the eligibility much more straightforward.