+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Gunjan1988

Jul 13, 2015
Hello..please guide me on this..I really need your help. I am an Indian citizen and my fiancé is in Canada.. He is on work permit till 2017. We will be getting married in November this year that is November 2015. What is the best way that I can go to him after marriage? We were thinking to file for a tourist visa right after our marriage.. And once I reach Canada then I apply for open work permit based on his permit. Will that procedure be correct? Will they take Indian marriage legalised and allow me to visit my husband? What are the chances of refusal Nd on what grounds? And he being on work permit there is Canada is authorised to invite me? Please help me in this matter.. Really need your expert comments. Thanx in advance..

bee9288

Jul 13, 2015
How do i find out my permanent resident date on the form IMM 0000 and also the visa office that processed my application.

alc

Jul 13, 2015
Quick question, I am a Canadian born citizen sponsoring my common law partner . We have lived together over a year and we are filling out the form 5406 Additional family information.

It says for her to include Spouse or common law partner (if applicable). Does this mean she should put me on there? I am wondering what the "if applicable" part means, not applicable because I am a Canadian citizen or applicable because she has a common law partner (myself)?

Also because we have recently became eligible for common law status and have not filed a return together yet, do we put our statuses as common law on the forms?

And one more question, does she include my son from a previous relationship as her stepchild. I have full custody of him.

Thanks for the help, I have a feeling I know the answers for these questions but I really don't want to make any mistakes.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Good afternoon. I was reading thru some of the other forums and found a thread discussing refusal of visa vs refusal of admission to Canada. According to the thread, if you were refused a visa, this is also technically refusal of admission to Canada.

Last year we tried getting a visit visa after we were married but we weren't successful. This was indicated on our forms under the question refusal of visa....but we said "no" to refusal of admission because at the time we thought this meant one who is refused entry upon arrival at a port of entry.

Anyone in the same situation where you answered yes to refusal of visa and no to refusal of admission? Did you have any problems? I guess I could write a letter and change our answer to refusal of admission....I don't want them to think we are trying to withhold info...but the thread also mentioned that it can cause a problem in the system (red flag) if you didn't answer yes to both.

Thank you in advance :)

C.

allah amar rob

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Can anyone correct me on this?please my husband lives in Canada.Singapore cic asked his employment proof on 23rd June.he sent his job offer letter and some additional documents to cic Singapore but he sent it through Canada post regular normal mail service using Singapore one george street address.he did not send it to the p.o box address.is this going to be a problem because he sent it to the main office address?some people say that is the address for. the courier.please someone advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
chilkootcee said:
Last year we tried getting a visit visa after we were married but we weren't successful. This was indicated on our forms under the question refusal of visa....but we said "no" to refusal of admission because at the time we thought this meant one who is refused entry upon arrival at a port of entry.
You should contact your visa office asap to let them know about this error via email and then follow up by mailing a corrected form with this information included. You definitely should have answered yes to this question. Applications are sometimes refused for failing to declare refusals and the applicant charged with misrepresentation (5 year ban) - so it's critical to you correct this information as soon as you can.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
For some reason I cannot include the quote....but our application has not yet been assigned a visa office as I've only received AOR (Stage 1). I can't seem to find an email for Mississauga....and I can't call them from outside of Canada....so my only option is to mail an update??

(I am not in Canada - I'm in the UAE)

C.

lensed

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
File Transfer...
21-12-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
Hello,

I plan to get legally married in India and submit papers from Canada. My Spouse to be is Indian and Catholic. We plan on getting married in the church sometime next year and not when we plan our legal marriage. Will this be an issue with the immigration people?

Someone please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
chilkootcee said:
For some reason I cannot include the quote....but our application has not yet been assigned a visa office as I've only received AOR (Stage 1). I can't seem to find an email for Mississauga....and I can't call them from outside of Canada....so my only option is to mail an update??

(I am not in Canada - I'm in the UAE)

C.
Then I would wait until a visa office has been assigned and contact the visa office then to notify them.

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alc said:
Quick question, I am a Canadian born citizen sponsoring my common law partner . We have lived together over a year and we are filling out the form 5406 Additional family information.

It says for her to include Spouse or common law partner (if applicable). Does this mean she should put me on there? I am wondering what the "if applicable" part means, not applicable because I am a Canadian citizen or applicable because she has a common law partner (myself)?

Also because we have recently became eligible for common law status and have not filed a return together yet, do we put our statuses as common law on the forms?

And one more question, does she include my son from a previous relationship as her stepchild. I have full custody of him.

Thanks for the help, I have a feeling I know the answers for these questions but I really don't want to make any mistakes.
It's just a generic form for family, yes you should put that you are her common law partner. This form is used in other applications besides sponsorship, so that's why it seems weird they would ask if she has a common law partner when she is obviously being sponsored by her common law partner. Put your status as common law on the forms, since you've lived together for over a year you are legally common law. You may want to fill out the Statutory Declaration of Common Law though. It's not required, but CIC has been known to ask for it later.

As for your son, I'm not sure, someone more senior than me will have to help you out there :)

EDIT: I just checked the CIC guide and it says "include children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner" so it looks like you should put him on it.

Amishmainu

Jul 13, 2015
Hi...

I got married on 17th july 2014, and my spouse had applied from manitoba on 15th October 2014. I got email from new delhi visa office on 10th January 2015. And now status is still application received. Now how much time it would take?

How much time does it take after chaged status to in process?

Please help me

allah amar rob

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Hi guyz,i need some advice.can i send regular mail through canada post using cic singapore street address?not the p.o box one.i am worried because my hubby already sent it using the cic Singapore street address.please someone correct me on this.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Hi All,

I had a mistake to submit IMM0008 before i download bottom of the form shows 02-2015 but now reopen cic website and check forms it is updated on 04-2015 but i match both forms and they are actually same, at the time of application sent i didn't check updates Sad

In this case now they will accept my application or return my application as i am waiting for SA and AOR already received.

Please advise.

Rgds,

Sarim

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Has anyone had this....The request for Medical is coming from Ontario but our file is in LA...anyone?

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
I received SA today via email, my husband's application package was sent to Manila office instead of Abu Dhabi. I thought it was pretty much clear in the application kit that wherever the country of residence is, it should go to the nearest visa office. My husband's home country is Philippines but he is currently working in Saudi Arabia right now so we prepared the application package according to the one they have in Abu Dhabi. Now I don't know where to start, should I contact CPC Mississauga to raise my concern? Please help. Thank you.