Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Majromax said:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has received your Application to Click on the Lower Left Square. This has a bring-forward date of March 7, 2016.
Information for the website has been collected and will be delivered to the webmaster, by courier duck, in approximately 14 days.
The status page will then take 7 additional days to create and deliver to the internet, again, by courier duck.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
blackeyes28 said:
It makes me nervous though coz I've said, we prepared the application package according to Abu Dhabi visa office requirement and now it was sent to Manila office. Anybody who went through the same experience? pls enlighten me :( :(
The application/documentation requirements are based on your country of origin, not the visa processing office.

Swati26122011

Sep 13, 2012
My upfront medical is complete with the passport I already have. If I re issue for my passport to get my spouse name added in the spouse name column of the passport, the govt passport office would re issue me a new passport with a new passport id unlike the one I have provided as proof in the medical.

I wonder if this would create any problem. It seems necessary to get the spouse name added nevertheless to strengthen my case. I am not changing my name at all. I just have to add my husbands name in the column of spouse name. It is so coz I have no good pictures of the exact wedding ceremony. I am trying to solidify my case with this. Advise plz...

There is a really worried girl requesting help in here.... plz plz plz help.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Swati26122011 said:
I wonder if this would create any problem. It seems necessary to get the spouse name added nevertheless to strengthen my case. I am not changing my name at all. I just have to add my husbands name in the column of spouse name. It is so coz I have no good pictures of the exact wedding ceremony. I am trying to solidify my case with this. Advise plz...
The medical exam is valid for you, not for your passport. Your situation is no different than that of an applicant who's passport expires and is renewed during the application process.

Swati26122011

Sep 13, 2012
"Your situation is no different than that of an applicant who's passport expires and is renewed during the application process."

Exactly.

So what happens in such situation?? I mean do I have to submit any other document from the passport office etc saying I got my passport changed.. or just go with the application with the new passport and the medical id without any worries???

Thank you so much for your reply :)

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need help with the Sponsorship Evaluation IMM 5481 form.

The question asks "NUMBER OF FAMILY MEMBERS AND PERSONS INCLUDED IN UNDERTAKINGS IN EFFECT AND NOT YET IN EFFECT".

I'm trying to Sponsor my wife and her 7 year old son.
I don't know what to put in the boxes from 4. to 7.

sweet_ivy32

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2015
Passport Req..
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in god's perfect time
blackeyes28 said:
It makes me nervous though coz I've said, we prepared the application package according to Abu Dhabi visa office requirement and now it was sent to Manila office. Anybody who went through the same experience? pls enlighten me :( :(
Don't worry much...the CIC requirements are the same wether you are in Abu Dhabi or in manila embassy..

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PatrickD said:
I need help with the Sponsorship Evaluation IMM 5481 form.

The question asks "NUMBER OF FAMILY MEMBERS AND PERSONS INCLUDED IN UNDERTAKINGS IN EFFECT AND NOT YET IN EFFECT".

I'm trying to Sponsor my wife and her 7 year old son.
I don't know what to put in the boxes from 4. to 7.
They are asking how many people are/were involved in all the sponsorships you are doing or have done, even if you are just doing this one. Box 4 is yourself, so it automatically says 1. In box 5A you put 2, for your wife and her son (this should be the same as the number in IMM 0008). Then for all the boxes under 5B, they should be zero if you have never sponsored or co-signed anyone before now. In 6A, you would put 0 because your wife is included above in box 5A. In 6B put any other dependents you may have, besides your wife's son . In box 7 you add them up. Hope this helps!

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
Just curious at how people answered question 20 on the partner questionnaire - "Provide written and documented evidence of your relationship"

I have written a summary of all the evidence we are including in the application, almost like a table of contents. Would this be ok?

Any thoughts?

Catherine27

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 21-01-16
File Transfer...
SA by mail 30-12-2015 (letter date: 14-12-2015)
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
I am a little bit worried because I applied for visitor visa 4 weeks ago and I inclued the letter from my husband who is Canadien and it says that we are beginning the process for PR spousal sponsorship. I had the visitor visa the last year but it expired due to my passport expired. I got married this year and send the application again. Someone told me that they don't use to deliver the visitor visa in these cases when you are applying for PR. I am just starting to collect all documents and evidences but anyway it is indicated in the letter.

Any information? I don't what to do if the visitor visa is refused. I have not seen my husband for 5 months

Thanks

joelnberg

Jul 15, 2015
I have a question. I am looking to sponsor my girlfriend either Conjungal or Common-law, and am not sure if either would qualify?

I am Canadian and we have been together for just over 1 year. However, one year ago last September, a few months after we started seeing each other, she applied and was refused 2 applications for a work visa extension and new work permit. Therefore she had to leave back to Brazil, now she is back in Canada as a tourist since May and come September will have been living together for 5 months. I did visit her in Brazil over Christmas and i'm wondering if these 2 refusals could count as "unable to live together". And count towards a common-law, or conjungal partnership? I have been supporting her since she has been here currently, as stated in my letter for her Tourist Visa.

I can provide evidence of being together from June 2014, and the refusals of Visas, and visiting her ect.

She only had 6 months of a work permit in the first place and was unable to get any extension. So if this fails it seems extremely difficult for someone who only gets a 6 month visa to be supported entirely for another 6 months or even a full year before they can apply for sponsorship.

Thank you!

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Majromax said:
Yep, it sucks. It's also one of a few workable compromises. Alternatives would be to double or treble application fees, such that they came a lot closer to covering staffing costs, or to apply a strict quota to family-class applications such that you'd have to be "invited to apply," as in the express entry system.
I would've gladly paid triple to get it processed like a real business, such a BARGAIN! We've been waiting for 14 months now and the extra medical exam will probably tack on another 6 months. At $2,500 a month in lost income and storage fees for our stuff in the US, we've currently lost $30k and counting to CIC idiocy and delays. We applied outland cuz on this forum many US citizens got approved in 6 months.
A guy named Obama told us when we lived there, we'd have to pay $1k US (currently about $1.3k CAD) a month for 30% coverage on their "affordable health care act." And it would be compulsory. So we decided to move. BAD, BAD choice.

But in retrospect, that also would have been SUPER cheap compared to what waiting on CIC cost us. But they have given a purpose in life: dodging bankruptcy is a daily affair. Yay Canada!!!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
joelnberg said:
I have a question. I am looking to sponsor my girlfriend either Conjungal or Common-law, and am not sure if either would qualify?

I am Canadian and we have been together for just over 1 year. However, one year ago last September, a few months after we started seeing each other, she applied and was refused 2 applications for a work visa extension and new work permit. Therefore she had to leave back to Brazil, now she is back in Canada as a tourist since May and come September will have been living together for 5 months. I did visit her in Brazil over Christmas and i'm wondering if these 2 refusals could count as "unable to live together". And count towards a common-law, or conjungal partnership? I have been supporting her since she has been here currently, as stated in my letter for her Tourist Visa.

I can provide evidence of being together from June 2014, and the refusals of Visas, and visiting her ect.

She only had 6 months of a work permit in the first place and was unable to get any extension. So if this fails it seems extremely difficult for someone who only gets a 6 month visa to be supported entirely for another 6 months or even a full year before they can apply for sponsorship.

Thank you!

You do not qualify for either . You will have to wait till you have been living together for 12 continues months to become common law . Conjugal is not for you either you don't qualify for this as you have been able to live with your girlfriend . Only way to speed this up is to get married.

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
Hello guys I just got pr and will be moving to Canada in sept is it possible to get married now or should I do a short landing and come back n get married n go back n apply for visa of my spouse? How much time will it take please enlighten me

bryanbonode

Jul 15, 2015
Sir I would like to know if taking a tourist vacation could affect a pr application? the situation is that my wife is in Canada and filed her permanent residency including mine as she want to sponsor me, I her husband is working in a different country and sometimes we have a company tourist vacation, would this affect my wife's application. My wife is a bit worries if going out of the country would affect our application. Thank you