Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
hcseeker said:
Hello everyone. I applied May 2014 to sponsor my wife. I'm a Canadian citizen; she's a US citizen. We were living in the US but found out with Obamacare we would have to pay $1,000US per month for only partial healthcare coverage. In Alberta I had paid $0 per month for full coverage. So we sent our application, packed all of our things, put them in storage and moved to Canada.

I'm disabled, have a fixed income and can't work. Of course we knew my wife couldn't work here until she got her PR card. We had limited finances (not enough to pay our monthly expenses) so we thought we could live on promotional credit card debt until she could go to work. I read on the forum here that a lot of people got approved in 6-8 months. So, full of hope we thought we'd make it through and enjoy a better quality of life.

Last August I was approved as a sponsor. Then Nothing happened with our application until last January. My wife got an e-mail saying they required court records, we had 60 days to get them to Ottawa and, if we didn't meet the deadline, our application would be considered abandoned. It took a full month for the courthouse to even print the records so we had to spend $125 to rush the documents to them late February. I felt certain we'd have the PR in March. Once again, no action for months. I quit checking staus because it was soul destroying to see the months go by, have our debt piling up and see no action.

During our wait, CIC lost our medical report, said they sent us an e-mail requesting it (never got it). Didn't even know it was missing until they mentioned it on their January court records request. I changed addresses on their website and it never updated for over a month.Their website often didn't work. I filed a paper application because it was so unreliable. When I called them during our wait I was simply told it was "in processing".

We moved to a small island in BC last year to save rent money. At the end of May our lease was up. However, our landlord wanted to use the cottage for the May long weekend so he said we could leave on May 15 instead. Perfect, we'd save half a month's rent that way. Woohoo! We had 3 days to pack. Once we were somewhat settled here, I checked our status at the end of May. It said "decision made"!!!

I immediately phoned CIC and they said our PR had been approved. A notice had been snail mailed to us the end of the first week of May. (They said in the January e-mail all correspondence would be through e-mail.) BUT the CPR expired on May 20!!!!!!! The agent was confused because they usually gave 6 weeks or more. It turns out they mailed it just in time for it to arrive the day we moved. We didn't check the mailbox that day. Amazing timing.

She sent an e-mail to Ottawa CPC, explaining what had happened. She asked what hours we'd be available for a phone call and we said anytime! We carried our cell phones wherever we went for 2 weeks but no call, no e-mail, no mail. I phoned and they said no response from Ottawa, we'd just have to wait. Another 2 weeks went by, I phoned and they said no response yet. Nothing they could do about it. He even added that it could take weeks or even months to send out another CPR, since the bureaucrats would be going on vacation soon. Then he said to have a nice day at the end of the call. In a subsequent phone call we found out the reason for the short expiry date was that our medical report was good for 1 year and it had expired!!! A new medical report will probably have to be obtained, we were told, but it's up to Ottawa. So it seems they expect us to fork out a few more hundred dollars because they did nothing with our application for months.

After that I thought it was time to contact my MP about it. I was told they cannot and will not interfere in the process.

So that's where we're at right now. Thousands and thousands of dollars in debt, no PR and no hope of any extra income anytime soon. Can't afford to move, can't work. Lying awake at night wondering how we'll survive.

We are going to lose all our goods in the US because we can't pay for storage anymore or to move it here. We will probably have to file for bankruptcy here because we won't be able to pay our debts when the promotional interest rate expires.

This has been the most prolonged frustrating, emotionally exhausting, stressful experience in my life. Our dream of living here has become a recurring daily nightmare, all thanks to CIC.

I thought I'd write our story here as a warning to any applicants here: Don't assume that because you're good people your applications will go through with few problems. To CIC it doesn't matter how poor, desperate, disabled etc. you are. You will only experience cold-hearted bureaucracy from them. If you're a Christian, don't assume that you'll have no problems getting a PR. God is no match for the gods of CIC, who hold your future in their hands, who do what they want when they want and are responsible to no one for their actions. Your faith will likely be shredded, like mine has been.
I think you should go to the press!.. I have the contact information for the immigration reporter for the Toronto Star. Please PM me if you are interested. I went to the press then CIC screwed us over and we got DM.

Annabel123

Jun 28, 2015
Hi to everyone, First time-er here :) I'm so glad i found this forum I'm hoping one of you all can offer some desperately needed advice. My husband (sponser) and I are currantly in the process of getting our spousal application together however about 10 years ago when i was a teenager I was deported from the U.S.A for overstaying on a tourist visa. Never committed any serious crime or been arrested ect....however I want to know since I may have to get an FBI clearance will this affect my chances of my spousal application. We have decided to send ours outland where I live in Trinidad and Tobago and wait for a decision however. I'm scared they will deny us and I will not be reunited with my husband. Has anyone been through this similar situation before and if so what are my chances??????

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Annabel123 said:
Hi to everyone, First time-er here :) I'm so glad i found this forum I'm hoping one of you all can offer some desperately needed advice. My husband (sponser) and I are currantly in the process of getting our spousal application together however about 10 years ago when i was a teenager I was deported from the U.S.A for overstaying on a tourist visa. Never committed any serious crime or been arrested ect....however I want to know since I may have to get an FBI clearance will this affect my chances of my spousal application. We have decided to send ours outland where I live in Trinidad and Tobago and wait for a decision however. I'm scared they will deny us and I will not be reunited with my husband. Has anyone been through this similar situation before and if so what are my chances??????
The deportation won't impact your application provided you are 100% honest in your application about your immigration history and mention the deportation and reasons around it.

Annabel123

Jun 28, 2015
scylla said:
The deportation won't impact your application provided you are 100% honest in your application about your immigration history and mention the deportation and reasons around it.
Thank you Scylla I really hope you are right we are keeping our fingers crossed that it won't be an issue but from everything i've read about other ppl's experiences they deny you for the slightest indiscretion.Maybe we should seek some legal advice before hand;;;;Can anyone recommend a good immigration lawyer in the Toronto area?

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
As some of you know (or read at my profile lol), I'll be travelling next thursday and land on the next day.
But I'm a bit confused on how to fill and if I NEED to fill the b4 form OR some kind of table of contents telling what I'm carrying with me.
It's just some clothes and brazilian chocolate (it sucks but my mother-in-law asked for it so... no choice).
Also I'll be carrying my personal computer on my hand bag.
Shoul I list these things? If so, how can I put my clothes' price?
Sorry for the questions, I'm really lost with all these things!

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
Hi folks - I'm looking for some advise on the appropriate timing to submit a spousal sponsorship application.

First for some background:
  • Been in a relationship for 5 years, and married for 3 months.
  • Wife's from Ireland and currently lives there.
  • Based on my research and consultations with an immigration lawyer, I decided to go with the Outland route (don't want to risk in-land as my wife will be travelling back to Ireland regularly)
  • Due to the long processing time for spousal sponsorship (especially at LVO), and the lack of OWP for Outland route, we decided to apply for a working holiday visa to bridge the gap. Thankfully this just came through today.
  • Wife plans to move to Canada with the working holiday visa in September.
  • I'm trying to understand if I should submit the sponsorship application now or after two months (when she's in Canada)

Which of these options is the best for our situation (bear in mind that I'm not sure of the feasibility of each of these options - this is where I'm looking for guidance):
  • Option 1: apply this week, listing her Irish residential address, and the application goes to LVO after stage 1. In September when she moves to Canada, call up CIC to change the residential address and request that the file be transferred to the Ottawa case processing center.
  • Option 2: wait for two months until she moves to Canada, submit an Outland application listing the Canadian address so that the application goes directly to the Ottawa case processing center after stage 1.
  • Option 3: apply this week, listing the Canadian residential address so that it goes directly to Ottawa case processing center after stage 1. (Are there any risks with this option considering that we'd be listing a Canadian address two months before she actually moves here?)

I'm open to other suggestions if the options above don't make sense.

Thank you!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
avro1959 said:
Option 1: apply this week, listing her Irish residential address, and the application goes to LVO after stage 1. In September when she moves to Canada, call up CIC to change the residential address and request that the file be transferred to the Ottawa case processing center.
This is your best bet,

Applying in Canada is no guarantee of having the application processed at CPC-Ottawa. CIC often sends applications abroad based on the applicant's citizenship and long-term residence, rather than their location at the moment of submission, with considerable random variance. Applying now can result in your application staying in Mississauga or Ottawa, and conversely applying later can still result in your application going to London.

However, being processed in London is not all bad. The posted processing times are tremendous, but CIC's public figure is an 80% mark -- this is distorted because London is also processing permanent residence applications from Pakistani residents. These cases seem to take much longer to process, and they take up the bulk of the top 20% that affects the published number.

There is a separate thread for outland applications processed in London, as well as a very smart-looking tracking spreadsheet.

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
Majromax said:
This is your best bet,

Applying in Canada is no guarantee of having the application processed at CPC-Ottawa. CIC often sends applications abroad based on the applicant's citizenship and long-term residence, rather than their location at the moment of submission, with considerable random variance. Applying now can result in your application staying in Mississauga or Ottawa, and conversely applying later can still result in your application going to London.

However, being processed in London is not all bad. The posted processing times are tremendous, but CIC's public figure is an 80% mark -- this is distorted because London is also processing permanent residence applications from Pakistani residents. These cases seem to take much longer to process, and they take up the bulk of the top 20% that affects the published number.

There is a separate thread for outland applications processed in London, as well as a very smart-looking tracking spreadsheet.

Help please, the application is starting to stress me out. Finding mistakes on my application.

I'd appreciate any inputs guys.

Temporary initial visa expired June 25, 2015 extension to stay as visitor submitted may 24 received in vegreville may 26- paid $100. no reply as of this time yet.

Filled up extension to stay as worker (paid $100) with in Canada class pr application (paid $550 me as principal and for my two kids who are outside Canada for another $150 each). The package was sent June 25, hopefully will be received today in Mississauga.

Questions pls.

Am I out of status now for I have no reply yet for my visa extension from cic?
Did I pay correct payments? If not can I send it separately and not wait for cic letter?
Did I have to pay for my kids who are I outside Canada? I've read somewhere that no need to pay for dependents?
I sent the package in po box address thru loomis express? Will be returned to me?

Thank you so much guys. Only I feel really stress out now that I found out I made another mistake gain by paying 100 only for work permit.

DRFalberta

Apr 29, 2015
Hi folks!
I'm pregnant and decided to leave canada to apply outland because I'm out of status without any health assistance.
Anyways, my flight back home will hve a traffic part in canada before leave (Albetta-Ontario).
Do you guys know if I can get trouble in my way? Should I contact CIC to ask them a permission to flight out?
What you suggest ??

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
DRFalberta said:
Anyways, my flight back home will hve a traffic part in canada before leave (Albetta-Ontario).
Do you guys know if I can get trouble in my way? Should I contact CIC to ask them a permission to flight out?
The Alberta-Ontario leg of your flight will be a domestic flight. Presuming you have some sort of valid identification for the flight (which you likely have to re-enter your home country), you should have no issue with the domestic flight. CIC's (and CBSA's) involvement only comes in when you are entering Canada.

sat1234

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-07-2015 (In Process 9th Oct)
I applied for sponsorship for my Wife in May this year, we are expected Sponsorship approval by mid-june. I want to apply a TRV for her so that she can come visit me in Canada, as allowed through Dual Intent. Need your guidance for the following:

- What are the must haves for the application, I know its really hard to get a visa if you have applied for sponsorship. Any suggestions from those who have got a TRV under dual-intent. I have stated in my sponsorship application that I will be applying for TRV
- She is currently visiting america for a couple of months, I go meet her every weekend. Should I apply for a TRV from Michigan (where she is visiting) or when she gets back home in Pakistan. What would be the Pro's and Con's. If I do it from Michigan it saves me a 5hr drive every weekend and a return ticket for her.
- How can I show sufficient ties for her in Pakistan, she has a bank and works but does not own any assets.

Any other suggestions and your past experience will be helpful

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
Majromax said:
This is your best bet,

Thanks a ton majromax, your comments and the spreadsheet helped clarify my concerns. I'll be submitting my application asap.

Another question - as my wife recently applied for the IEC WHV, she had done a medical in March which was scanned and provided for the WHV application. Can the original be used again for the PR application?

Thanks!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
avro1959 said:
Another question - as my wife recently applied for the IEC WHV, she had done a medical in March which was scanned and provided for the WHV application. Can the original be used again for the PR application?
Even if it could be (I'm not sure if there is a difference paperwork-wise), I don't think it would be wise to rely on it.

If the application is filed today and takes 10 months, that would grant the COPR at the end of April. However, the COPR cannot be issued without a valid medical, and medicals ordinarily expire 12 months after the exam. The visa office (London or Ottawa) would end up requesting new medicals towards the end of the process, and that could delay processing.

If you wanted to take a small paperwork risk, then you could file the application ASAP with the exiting medical. If the application is processed in Mississauga (which happens for entirely unknown reasons) or extremely quickly otherwise, then you'd be set. Otherwise, you could go ahead and get another unsolicited medical exam around the new year and send that to the appropriate visa office.

If all goes well, the visa office will always have a valid medical when they would want to issue a COPR; the downside is that it creates a slightly unusual chain of paperwork and someone might lose something.

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi guys,

Please help me:(

I have a question i sent my open work permit April 6, 2015 after PR Spousal application February 18, 2015. I got an acknowledgement receipt for my PR Application April 30, 2015. But i haven't heard from my Open work permit until now. I got my Visit extension approved on May 20, 2015 which i applied Mar 24, 2015. And there was a remarks: that i must undergo Immigration Medical Exam within 30 days. Medical Forms have been Sent sepeartely but i haven't seen any on the mailbox. What should i do?

Should i expect letter from Immigration so i can conduct medical exam and am i expecting any acknowledgement receipt for my open work permit..

baba88

Jun 10, 2015
So does London process visa of sponsor applicants of Pakistan as well as London both? Isnt that an overload of work for them or they have two different visa offices for each nationality? People here saying their pakistani sponsors are being approved and completed in 1 to 1.5 year! I am glad my wife can come in such ashort time :D right now i am waiting for documents and job letters etc before sponsoring.
Also, majromax and friends, I asked my muslim friends about arranged marriage applications, they said ill have no issue itll be smooth as arranged marrriage is common for pakistanis. I am canadian citizen for 7 years, is shouldnt have a problem just because I am on lay off, and only stayed 2 weeks after my quick marriage in karachi or in spite of marrying someone I didnt know and apparently they have no business in my personal life;if i date anyone or not in regular contact with my new wife b/c not everyone can afford cell phones, they just look at marriage certificates and clean records... so Im positive and confirmed my wife will be here by 2016-17