SEPTEMBER 2014
Nomination.....
SEPTEMBER 2014
AOR Received.
SEPTEMBER 2014
File Transfer...
NOV 2014
Hi guys,

Greetings. Please can anyone answer my questions below just for me to have an idea if we are not waiting in vain. Thanks in advance guys.

My wife worked as a caregiver in Canada sine 2010. I am here in Doha Qatar and we got married last July 2012. When we got married she is holding a work visa permit only. Then right after our marriage she applied for the Permanent resident visa and she also passed my application. She has a UCI no which states that her application was received only in January 2013 and started processing only last May 2014.

Now here in Doha I received an email form the Abu dhabi embassy last Sept 2014 with the following details.

"You have been identified as a family member/dependent of an in-Canada applicant for permanent residence. As a result, you must be assessed for eligibility and admissibility whether or not you will be accompanying the in-Canada applicant. A visa may or may not be issued to you at the end of the processing even if it has been established that you meet all statutory requirements.

In order to initiate the processing, family members/dependents living abroad must submit a completed application to the nearest Canadian Visa Office. In this case, your application will be processed at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Please note that as of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. Please submit all the required forms and supporting documents in the attached checklist.

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (90) days from the date of this request otherwise it will cause delays in the processing. Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you submit documents by courier and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/information."

After reading this letter from the Embassy I gathered all the documents and submitted them last November 2014. So far I haven't heard from them and even though I have sent them a couple of follow up emails they have only responded through auto reply.

I havent even done my medicals yet as well.

Should I be doing something or can I call them at least?

Thanks,

Toby

vinnerbids

Jun 21, 2015
Hello,

I am a Canadian Citizen living in the US for the last 6+ years. I got married 3 years ago and my wife is from Asia. As we decided to move back to Canada, I sponsored her for immigration in Aug 2014. We got an email from CIC asking for the below.

SPR's residency:. Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada, or has taken steps to re-establish residence in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver’s licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return.

As I do not live in Canada currently, can you please advise as to how do I go about answering this ?

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vinnerbids said:
SPR's residency:. Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada, or has taken steps to re-establish residence in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return.
You need to show some kind of proof that you plan to return to Canada once your spouse's PR visa has been approved. Do you own any property in Canada? Have you looked into purchasing or renting property in Canada when you return (i.e. do you have proof you have spoken with real estate agents)? Do you have any banks accounts or other assets in Canada? Do you have a job offer in Canada or have you been contacting companies in Canada who may hire you once you return? Do you plan on living with family members temporarily in Canada when you first arrive before you find a place of your own (can they provide a letter confirming this)?

GulminaK

Jun 21, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions and was thinking if anyone here could help me.

My husband is a Canadian citizen and lives in Canada and I am a Pakistani. I have had a 5 years multiple entry TRV for Canada since January 2013.
We had our Nikah in March 2013 and applied for my PR visa in May 2013 in which we submitted proofs of our relationship before Nikah and also proofs of Nikah ceremony. We then got married in March 2014 after which we submitted more proofs of our wedding and honeymoon etc.

I came to Canada with my husband as a visitor for 6 months, left for Pakistan and came again after a few months. So it has been a little over 2 years since we submitted our application. We did receive some emails from the Canadian embassy saying our case has been transferred to London and that they haven't received our wedding proofs which we had to resubmit.

My question now is that while I am here in Canada and in case I receive a request for remedical and police clearance, can I do that here in Toronto?
And when after that I receive a request for passport, where and how do I submit that. Just wanted to know if I can do all this from Canada or will I have to go to back to Pakistan.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Can baby said:
There is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship... Also a baby being born does not impact minimum income because there is none. You can be unemployed and still sponsor your spouse (child or no child). My income is extremely low. I just had a child and I still was approved as a sponsor.
thank you!:)

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
GulminaK said:
My question now is that while I am here in Canada and in case I receive a request for remedical and police clearance, can I do that here in Toronto?

A medical exam can be conducted by any panel physician; there are several in Toronto.

The police clearance must come from your home country, however there may be a process to apply by mail. I do not know Pakistan's national process for this. CIC's information suggests that you may need the assistance of an embassy or consulate.

And when after that I receive a request for passport, where and how do I submit that. Just wanted to know if I can do all this from Canada or will I have to go to back to Pakistan.
When the passport is requested, it is mailed to the embassy processing the application. In your case, this would be London.

Jun 22, 2015
Asalam Alikum and Hello everyone,

I want to know if anyone else is on the same boat I am for spousal sponsorship from Pakistan (Peshawar) to Canada (Milton), my timeline so far is:

Sponsorship:

We received your application to sponsor **** on May 29, 2014.

We sent you correspondence on July 21, 2014 about the decision on your application.

Permanent Residence:

We received **** application for permanent residence on May 29, 2014.

We started processing **** application on April 8, 2015.

Medical results have been received. (June 2015).

Anyone that applied around the same time as me and got the immigration already or waiting let me know what is next please.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
WaitingSucks2015 said:
Asalam Alikum and Hello everyone,

I want to know if anyone else is on the same boat I am for spousal sponsorship from Pakistan (Peshawar) to Canada (Milton), my timeline so far is:

Sponsorship:

We received your application to sponsor **** on May 29, 2014.

We sent you correspondence on July 21, 2014 about the decision on your application.

Permanent Residence:

We received **** application for permanent residence on May 29, 2014.

We started processing **** application on April 8, 2015.

Medical results have been received. (June 2015).

Anyone that applied around the same time as me and got the immigration already or waiting let me know what is next please.
You have movement on your file. I wouldn't worry at this point. You might receive the following:
a) a request for further documents
b) a passport request (you will receive this if your application is approved)
c) you *may* see an updated status on ECAS to show "Decision Made"
d) after you submit your passport, (passport requests generally mean your application has been approved) you will receive your COPR.

This could take a few days to a few months. Generally speaking once an application goes in process, it seems to reach decision made within a few weeks.

We had to wait roughly 1.5 months after our medical results were received to see a Decision Made status. I didn't see an in progress status until a day before it was changed to DM. I think your application based on my limited experience and what I have read on the forum is ticking along nicely enough. Don't fret. Relax.

Do you know what sucks more than waiting? Not being able to legally immigrate to a country at all. Just saying. ;)

Jun 22, 2015
kettle said:
You have movement on your file. I wouldn't worry at this point. You might receive the following:
a) a request for further documents
b) a passport request (you will receive this if your application is approved)
c) you *may* see an updated status on ECAS to show "Decision Made"
d) after you submit your passport, (passport requests generally mean your application has been approved) you will receive your COPR.

This could take a few days to a few months. Generally speaking once an application goes in process, it seems to reach decision made within a few weeks.

We had to wait roughly 1.5 months after our medical results were received to see a Decision Made status. I didn't see an in progress status until a day before it was changed to DM. I think your application based on my limited experience and what I have read on the forum is ticking along nicely enough. Don't fret. Relax.

Do you know what sucks more than waiting? Not being able to legally immigrate to a country at all. Just saying. ;)
Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

All I can do is wait.

and you are absolutely about not being able to legally immigrate.

vinnerbids

Jun 21, 2015
scylla said:
You need to show some kind of proof that you plan to return to Canada once your spouse's PR visa has been approved. Do you own any property in Canada? Have you looked into purchasing or renting property in Canada when you return (i.e. do you have proof you have spoken with real estate agents)? Do you have any banks accounts or other assets in Canada? Do you have a job offer in Canada or have you been contacting companies in Canada who may hire you once you return? Do you plan on living with family members temporarily in Canada when you first arrive before you find a place of your own (can they provide a letter confirming this)?

Thanks again for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vin

Dhaksha

Jun 8, 2015
Madurai
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi - NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
IELTS Request
Ip October 9 2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
Recommended waiting for schedule
LANDED..........
soon
waht is the sucess ratio for getting TRV while sponsor application is in process. visa ofc is New delhi.. any idea which consultancy can do well

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hi I have got my passport request, And I have submitted the same and shall get my VISA STAMPED any moment under FSWP.

I am getting married in 2 -3 months, Please guide how shall i have my wife accompany me to canada. Please note the Visa shall be valid till April 2016.

Can there be any complications?

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
mohan99 said:
Hi I have got my passport request, And I have submitted the same and shall get my VISA STAMPED any moment under FSWP.

I am getting married in 2 -3 months, Please guide how shall i have my wife accompany me to canada. Please note the Visa shall be valid till April 2016.

Can there be any complications?
Have you been living with your wife-to-be for over a year? If so, she is already your common-law spouse in the eyes of Canada, and she must be included on your skilled-worker visa. If she is your common-law spouse and she is not on your application, you will never be able to sponsor her to come to Canada. If you immigrate after your marriage is conducted, then the same conditions will apply: she must either immigrate with you under the FSWP or you can never sponsor her.

I do not know what CIC does for changes to family composition between the time the visa is granted and landing, under the FSWP. You may have to withdraw your application and resubmit it (now as Express Entry).

If this is not desirable (and you are not currently common-law), then you should come to Canada before the wedding, land as a permanent resident, and establish yourself. (To go back for the wedding, you many need to separately apply for a PR travel document, as the wedding will likely happen before your PR card is issued.) Then, you can sponsor your spouse through the outland process -- as a permanent resident you must be living in Canada to sponsor.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
fairlane said:
2) I still have a valid drivers licence and health card from Ont. because I have been using my brothers place as an address. Is it advisable to submit this information as proof of coming back ?
You do realize that this is criminal fraud, yes? As someone who has not lived in Ontario for 5 years, you are not an Ontario resident qualified for OHIP. Providing a false address to the Ministry means that your fraud is intentional and not accidental, to boot.